PDA

View Full Version : How did Bud Orr come up with the name?

1stdeadeye
08-30-2003, 07:27 AM
This rare photo was taken while Bud Orr was developing his world famous marker:

http://www.unclephilly.com/aug03/bud%20rocks.jpg

;)

Ronin 23
08-30-2003, 08:19 AM
Bud's just checking that the stars and stripes are properly aligned.....lol.

Nothing wrong with that. Seems to me that what he's doing falls in the category of "patriotic duty" and civic responsibilities.

spydervenom
08-30-2003, 09:21 AM
so did you really wanna know something about the name or did you just want comments on the not-good photochop?

dinger
08-30-2003, 11:00 AM
well i guess some things dont click with people :rolleyes:
bud orr thought of the Orr-accle because his last name is orr, and have you ever heard of an oracle? an oracle is "a shrine in which a deity reveals hidden knowledge or the divine purpose through such a person"

:D

p8ntballa
08-30-2003, 01:02 PM
I think thats Jack & Coke's photoshopped AO pics.

FutureMagOwner
08-30-2003, 01:39 PM
yes and i doubt J&C is a member of "uncle philly" or would submit that to them

FordPrefect
08-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Actually he had a contest to name the marker. A couple people thought or Orracle, and they all got new ones.

1stdeadeye
08-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by dinger
bud orr thought of the Orr-accle because his last name is orr, and have you ever heard of an oracle? an oracle is "a shrine in which a deity reveals hidden knowledge or the divine purpose through such a person"

Autococker? Auto-Cocker? Joke, eh?:p

That is a real picture of Bud from IAO last year. Someone photoshopped it and put it on uncle philly. I thought it was funny!;)

cockermatt
08-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by dinger

He had a contest, and 2 people chose the name Orracal. Jead85 form Pbnation was one of the winners, and he won a brand new Orracal. As for the other person, i'm not sure who it was, but he also was given a Orracal.