PDA

View Full Version : How Stuff Works: Paintball

FeelTheRT
08-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Anyone else where a big howstuffworks.com fan? Well, they just did a cover on paintball and i thought it was pretty interesting... check it out here

http://www.howstuffworks.com/paintball.htm

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-30-2003, 05:23 PM
That was pretty cool.

FreakBaller12
08-30-2003, 06:21 PM
I D/Led a vid that shows how paintball are made, it was pretty cool

the_next_guy_
08-30-2003, 07:46 PM
I think it is great that paintball is getting some good publicity from a major site. But I didn't get-

"Automatic guns use the compressed air, or in some cases an electric motor, to continually recock and fire the gun as long as the trigger is held down. To find out more about these sorts of guns, check out this site."

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by the_next_guy_
I think it is great that paintball is getting some good publicity from a major site. But I didn't get-

"Automatic guns use the compressed air, or in some cases an electric motor, to continually recock and fire the gun as long as the trigger is held down. To find out more about these sorts of guns, check out this site."

hes talking about how semis automatically recock, while pump guns are manual recocking

Spartan X
08-31-2003, 12:59 PM
yah, it's says the guns uses HPA to recock the gun...but I do not know of a gun that used a electronic motor...only noids...

FalconGuy016
08-31-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey! www.airgun.com is under 'Other Great Links'

They didnt get into any real tournament things though, except the first picture.

paint magnet
08-31-2003, 10:05 PM
Well, you can't really expect them to get it right the first time....

and you could go on forever about how the various types of guns worked. Heh, they listed "autococker" paintball guns as its own type, like they were the only ones that recocked or something.

GatoLoco
09-01-2003, 12:00 PM
a little outdated, but pretty good none the less