PDA

View Full Version : Help with pro-lite, urgent

WillyWonka
08-30-2003, 05:23 PM
How do i get to the internals on this monster, it won't re-cock and we think it's something with the hammer or the power tube or both, can anyone help??

IcantBelieveit
08-30-2003, 05:45 PM
not really familiar...its been awhile since i have taken one apart...but i know what is causing your problem....the hammer o-ring...replace it...should take care of your problem....there may be a plug that uscrews on the back.

Remington
08-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Well, first you need to take off the screw in the back. There should be a little rod inside of a long spring that comes out with the screw. That rod and spring are what force the hammer forward after every shot. After taking this apart, you need to move the hammer back until you can pull the cocking lever out. At this point, the hammer should come out. After you take out the hammer, take a dowel or something and put it in where the barrel goes in, pushing until the rest of the internals come out the back. Now, I'm going on what I remember from my days firing a 68 Carbine which is closely related to the Pro-Lite/Carbine family so things might be a little different with the Pro-Lite. Either way, good luck getting it fixed. :D

WillyWonka
08-30-2003, 08:14 PM
We fixed it! We got the back part off and cleaned and oiled that o-ring and now it works fine, thanks for the help.

Remington
08-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Glad to hear you got it working! The Tippmann Pro family of markers is great, they never let you down! :D