PDA

View Full Version : Beware!! New email scam

CasingBill
08-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Looks like another email scam!!
This is what came and you are supposed to enter all that info at the bottom. Beware!

Subject: c2it.com: You've received money transfer
Date: 8/30/2003 8:28:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: Casingbill <casingbill@netscape.net>
« Previous | Next »

Dear Customer

-->
C2it.com service would like to inform you, that you received money transfer from Andreas (andreas666@earthlink.net). Amount is $217. In order to receive that amount from c2it.com you have to register your ATM card to prove you are our customer.

Your e-mail is not registred with us, you need to setup account with us and verify your identity. Please fill this form to be enrolled to c2it.com service.

Once you register, the money will appear in your c2it's account balance in your overview page. You can withraw the outstanding balance to your credit or debt card's bank account.

There's a world of
reasons to use c2it service.
• Send money from your computer to over 100 countries for a low flat fee.

• Transfer money to a bank account overseas or send a check to family back home.

It's easy. It's secure.
It's from Citibank.
• c2it service is convenient. And it's secure -- because c2it is backed by Citibank.

• We've improved our foreign exchange rates, so now is a great time to send money overseas.

Information About Yourself
Email Address
Password
Card Holder Full Name
Card Number
Card Expiration /
CVV2 (3 or 4 Digit Code After Card # on Back of Card)
ATM PIN (For Bank Verification)

© 2003 Citibank, FSB. Member FDIC.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-30-2003, 08:33 PM
umm i actually think that is citibank:confused:

CasingBill
08-30-2003, 08:45 PM
really??? why would someone I don't know send me $217 bucks? why does it have to be an ATM card and not a credit card? you put in your information and see if you get 217 bucks. I'm not sending mine.

btw...i don't even have an atm. never even used one before.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-30-2003, 08:49 PM
all i know is there website looks legit, i would contact citibank and ask about it, and if it is their site i would log in there, and get my 217 dollars

1stdeadeye
08-30-2003, 08:53 PM
No way is that legit!!!

The bank will NEVER EVER ask you to put your ATM Pin Number online! Also the reason they are asking for the extra three digits on the back of your card is simple. That is a security feature on your card to prevent someone from stealing your card number and using it.

This sounds like a scam. I would hit CitiBank's website and report this!

1stdeadeye
08-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Hell this is bogus. I just reread your original post. Asking for the expiration date is just setting you up for someone else's shopping spree. They are trolling for idiots!!

CasingBill
08-30-2003, 08:56 PM
I just called citibank. The operator said this was about his 30th call in the last hour. It is absolutely a fraud using c2it headings and logos.

Like I said. FRAUD!!!!:D

1stdeadeye
08-30-2003, 09:00 PM
? for you Casing Bill.

Did they send you a link or tell you to use their site?

I just checked out C2it.com. It is legit, but when you register, it asks you for very little info, definitely not what you posted. You need to report this email as someone has made a twist on the EBay/BestBuy/Paypal scam!They are sending you most likely to a dummy site to steal your info!!

CasingBill
08-30-2003, 09:02 PM
No link or site information. The information requested at the bottom was one of those fill in the box forms with a submit button on the bottom. The senders email address was also bogus.

C2it is a legit company. Its the new paypal. They are using their heading and logo in these emails.

PyRo
10-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Just read it, you can tell by the way it is written that its a scam, its just too unprofeshional.

Jack_Dubious
10-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Total scam. But if any of you want to make a lot of money, I have a friend in Nigeria who needs help getting some money out of the country......

:p
JDub

PyRo
10-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Basically anything you get in your e-mail asking for passwords, credit card numbers, SS numbers or anything similar is probably a scam. I don't think any reputable company would ask for somthing like that. Fill in the form with obsenitys, even in the credit card box # I bet if you write fork, it will submit just fine.