PDA

View Full Version : Why SP need not worry about bad publicity

Lohman446
08-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Ok... Im going to try to don my flamesuit and find a lead bunker to hide behind before getting into this, and hopefully holding up my ULE X-valved, Intelliframed mag will help protect me.

I need to say, that I like mechanical guns first of all, Mags and Tippmans mainly - I have shot many electronic guns (E-mags (though not X-mags), Electronic F5 Cockers, Bushmasters, Spyders, Angels, etc.). I have not been impressed by any electronic gun, for whatever reason, overall feel, looks, trigger pull - the whole package did not appeal to me.

I got my hands on (for a short time) an 03 Shocker today... it was the first electronic gun I have ever seriously looked into, and understand I did not like SP as a company going in. No I won't buy it... something about $1000 (actually $1500) for a marker set-up being out of the range that I am willing to spend, but this was an awesome gun - don't ask my why, I liked it... it was small, light, had a quick trigger pull, and was FAST, the overall package felt right. Just my comments... I am prepared to be told how "uncool" liking a SP product is, but this gun was SWEET.

-=Squid=-
08-30-2003, 08:24 PM
The MSRP on a new shocker is only 750...without the freak (AA) and tank. ;)

No sKiLLz
08-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Of course it's sweet. It has a Matrix bolt.

spydervenom
08-30-2003, 08:46 PM
i shot an 03 shocker and i like my timmy better.

Ov3rmind
08-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
Of course it's sweet. It has a Matrix bolt.
How true. And the best part is a Matrix is still a better gun. This is of course biased, seeing as how I've never shot an 03 Shocker.:)

Angry Man
08-30-2003, 09:04 PM
The 03 shocker I've never tried gassed up, but it really is a piece of clever engineering...basically putting a matrix into a TINY gun.

However, it's only 3oz less than my gz timmy and no ACE yet....the trigger is very good stock, which is probably why you like it so much because a lot of electros have bad stock triggers.

This has nothing to do with their "bad publicity" though...they've always had good guns (strange vision, etc)...the fact that you believe that your opinion on the new shocker (that it's the only good electo, an opinion that NO ONE shares) is going to affect smart parts' reputation that much, however, is not only stupid but conceited. It is a pretty cool gun, though.

WARPED1
08-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Of course it's sweet. It has a Matrix bolt. Lets make more ignorant comments. No, it isn't. The valve used is slightly similar to a Matrix spool valve, but not completly.

paintball8869
08-30-2003, 09:19 PM
we talked to some guys at the philly open on a SP sponsored team about the shockers. They were shooting hte 03 shockers for the tournament (well a couple of the guys on the team were at least) and they were nice enough to take one apart for us. Very very very simple design, which i thought was cool.

The only drawback I see is that it can only shoot 6 pods and a hopper off of a 68 4500 according to them. Now i'm definitely gonna believe them about that as it is their gun, that they've been shooting for at least a month. I just think that's pretty bad getting 6 pods and a hopper off a 68 4500. I mean, i get 10 pods plus a hopper on my intimidator on the same 68 4500 tank (but maybe it's cuz i have an air america tank ;) ).

No sKiLLz
08-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Lets make more ignorant comments. No, it isn't. The valve used is slightly similar to a Matrix spool valve, but not completly.

Hahahah!!! You're dumb. Here, let me try to be as dumb as you...

Ahem...You're ignorant, because the M3 dragunfly is not an Autococker. It is slightly similar, but not completely.

Hahahah, that was gay!:D

-=Squid=-
08-30-2003, 09:33 PM

Ahem...You're ignorant, because the M3 dragun is not an Autococker. It is slightly similar, but not completely.

hahaha...total burnination.

Lohman446
08-31-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Angry Man
the fact that you believe that your opinion on the new shocker (that it's the only good electo, an opinion that NO ONE shares) is going to affect smart parts' reputation that much, however, is not only stupid but conceited.

I never said it was the only good electro - let me clarify that. The E-mag, with dual mode, is an awesome piece of equipment, ditto that electronic cockers and the idea of electronic timing... is awesome, and I see no other serious flaws in the other guns I have shot. I neatly said that these two did not appeal to me. Nor did I say my opinion alone mattered. What I said, was there was an overall package of this gun that appealed to me - and I had a bad taste in my mouth, I wanted to hate this gun, when I picked it up. It is going to be a serious contender for anyone looking to buy a high end electro in the near future. Now, I appreciate the responses most have put up here, the intelligence behind them - you can disagree that this gun is nice, it is opinion - but I beleive others will buy this thing regardless of what SP has done in court.

Here is what I mean, if you build a gun that is as good as the shocker (and I have no idea on durability of it, or potential problems) some bad publicity can be overcome. I put my opinion up here to say why. If I had just said "The 03 Shocker is awesome" and not clarified there would have been no purpose.

My opinion on the gun really does not matter - because my next purchase will be an illusion pump... but those buying an electro... I think this gun will appeal to, and I think it has the ability to make some of us still shooting mechanical guns, consider an electro.

SpongeBobSquarePants
08-31-2003, 07:56 AM
I disagree, the 03 shocker is a knock off of a matrix and looks like a mag. I have got to play with one and they feel absolutly cheap. First game I used it, it broke. They still have alot to work on on the marker.

Ov3rmind
08-31-2003, 10:02 AM

Ahem...You're ignorant, because the M3 dragun is not an Autococker. It is slightly similar, but not completely.

Hey No sKiLLz, you still have the pics of the two bolts compared to eachother? They look exactly the same, exactly.

shinobidice
08-31-2003, 10:21 AM
well, its a good thing people at ao arent allergic to fire, cause this thread is flaming on. I really dont see how personal opinions turned into a gun bashing, verbal fight.

Steelrat
08-31-2003, 10:59 AM
Well, for what its worth, I saw an 03 shocker in a local store. When I commented upon it, the owner said "Its a piece of ****." Now, mind you, this is a piece of merchandise on his wall. Thats something he needs to sell to pay off his costs. However, he feels so strongly about the lack of quality, he gives his honest opinion of it.

I think his primary complaints had to do with the efficientcy (1 pod per 500 psi, or something) and the cheap construction.

MattG
08-31-2003, 11:41 AM
I just bought a shocker with tank and all american for 1050. It was an impulse buy but man its sweet. And the bolt is nothing like a matrix. It has 2 pieces a back plug with a pencil size metal protusion form it and a delrin bolt that slides back in forth. The whole tube in side is all delrin. And you can get a hopper and 9pods off 68/45 maxi

No sKiLLz
09-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Yah, Overmind. Got em right here. You know, after taking a second look at the Matrix vs. the new 03 Shocker internals...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=962311

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=24ba4e6d-7d98-afae-9958-d720409d3ef2&size=

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=1ad731e4-7cff-4f59-5200-6f841e0f1fe4&size=

http://aardvarkdirect.com/store/shop_image/product/1cc6702c184a8943aabbc865194fa863.jpg

I still think MattG is smoking pole. Either that, or this is his first time seeing the Matrix bolt. Which is it, Matt?