PDA

View Full Version : Emag sear rod not extending far enough

Duke Henry
08-31-2003, 12:14 PM
I have noticed on my Emag that my sear rod doesn't seem to extend far enough to reach the back of my trigger.

Now, I have never really noticed this before since I run in E-Mode anyway.

I have tried running various output pressures from my tank ranging from 700-1000 but the rod doesn't seem to want to reach...

I do have LX installed, and it is an X-Valved Emag.

I have never manually decreased or increased the length of the rod.

Thanks

cgrieves
08-31-2003, 12:25 PM
I've seen a few come from the factory not long enough. Find the tolerances thread at the top of this forum and adjust the rod to the specified length.

Duke Henry
08-31-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion!

I pulled out the sear assembly and took measurements of both the plunger depth and the trigger rod length and they both match specs of 3.005" and 2.125" respectively...

cgrieves
08-31-2003, 02:00 PM
Hmm odd, and you're definitely moving the mode switch to the forward position? The selector cam has a detent in it that should allow the trigger to go through a full swing when the lever is forwards. If that's not happening then check your on/off pin length to make sure it's pushing the sear and rod all the way forwards, but I would have thought you would be experiencing other problems if the pin was too short..... :confused:

The only other possibility that occurs to me is that your selector cam isn't machine properly and isn't allowing the trigger all the way back.

Nobody077
08-31-2003, 07:01 PM
Does the gun fire normaly in standard mode? If it does I wouldent worry about it, I know on the classics,rt's, and retros you shoud have a small space between the end of the rod and the trigger, about the thickness of a credit card I think.

Duke Henry
08-31-2003, 07:35 PM
Again, thanks for the info.

I forgot to post after pulling the gun apart for cleaning / measuring the lengths.

When manually moving the sear around, the rod pushes nicely against the trigger. So, it might be something to do with the on/off, or maybe it wasn't properly in place after I cleaned it before..?

Anyway, I am going to get my tank filled on Tuesday, and will try it then. Hopefully, it will be working fine. If not, I am not too worried about it. I use E-Mode anyway.

One thing though: the trigger rod wouldn't push out against the trigger in manual or hybrid modes. It just sat there, doing nothing.

I am hopeful that after checking it out, R&R'ing it, the rod will be working as good as new.