PDA

View Full Version : lvl 7spacer + lvl 10 shims

Rumble
09-01-2003, 12:29 PM
well i had lvl 7 bolt stick, then i decided to get a lvl 10 kit to fix the problem because it would replace all the stuff in the powertube. got my lvl 10 installed, but I cant use it because i need a new Regulator Piston. so now i need to use my lvl 7 bolt again until the Piston gets here. My question is, could I use lvl 10 shims to add to my lvl 7 spacer to act as the next size up spacer? (if that makes any sence)

rikkter
09-02-2003, 07:03 AM
wouldn't hurt to try, i mean they can't be more than a dollar in the airgun store, or more than 5 cents at a hardware store, but dont know about the width and such matching..

virus
09-02-2003, 12:12 PM
in theroy that should work..... only thing would be how close does the dia of the shims match the spacer.... and which side of the spacer you put the shims on and how would they move during the operation of the valve.....

if in front of the spacer (towards the tip), there is alot of room in front of the spacer for them to move to and turn when the bolt goes forward.....

if behind the spacer and the spacer moves forward, again a good amount of room for them to turn/move and teh added bonus of a chance they could damage the pt oring.....

granted at the rate the bolt moves they wouldnt have much of a chance to move and what not in that timeframe, but stranger things have happened..... like seeing a Retro valve run with no spacer at all (AONE2 i belive) the scary part was it was runnin pretty good too..... go figure....

at worst all you'll do is either ruin a shim or 3 or the power tube oring.... both of which are cheap enough to begin with.... so what the heck... go for it and let us all know....

Rumble
09-02-2003, 06:23 PM
ok ill do it but how many shuld i put in to get it to the next size up? mines 220. so do I add 5 shims?

virus
09-03-2003, 03:29 AM
the next size would be .225... they go in .005 increments.... i would go one at a time... the shims i think are a little thicker the .005 each but notby much... .005 is kinda easy to bend they may be closer to .010 (no micrometer handy) but try just 1 to start