PDA

View Full Version : Emag Solenoid...Wobbling?

Derman2k
09-01-2003, 12:58 PM
I took the grips off my emag to clean some paint off and I noticed the solenoid was wobbling...Is that normal?

Also, the C-Clip was broken...I have a new one ordered already but is it bad if it broke in the beginning of the day and I was playing without it?

Thanks

rikkter
09-02-2003, 07:02 AM
as long as it didn't blow up your fine.

i would suggest you check to see if the plunger bent at all though..

my solenoid wobbles very very very slightly.. its barely noticeable.

is yours like this or is it wobbling a lot more?

Derman2k
09-02-2003, 12:18 PM
When one side of the grip is off it wobbles like crazy, but once I put it on it doesn't wobble too much. The plunger doesn't look bent though.

rikkter
09-02-2003, 02:21 PM
well, the solenoid unit it self screws into its housing thing, maybe it came out some but it wouldn't be able to come out TOO much because of the wires and such.
i dont know what the measuremeants it should be if there even is any for the solenoid so

Derman2k
09-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Ok, cool. Thanks for all the help

BlackVCG
09-02-2003, 07:19 PM
It's fine. Some wobble a bit more than others. It's just a tolerance issue, but it won't hurt anything. Just make sure you have the screw tight on the back side that holds down the solenoid bracket. Make sure the solenoid is screwed up tight in the mount piece and you don't see threads below the mounting piece. The solenoid should be flush with the mount on the bottom side of the mount.