PDA

View Full Version : paint!!!

Treefall25
09-01-2003, 01:15 PM
i have a question. i m using marbs now and i love pulling the trigger fast, like everyone else and i was wondering if i used a cheaper paint would i see a decrease in performance. cause if i bought cheaper paint i d prob shoot like crazy and have more fun. i have a x-valve so breaking paint wont be a problem and i have a pipe kit so matching the paint won t be a prob either. also i could care less if one wipes off harder than the other. so can someone recommend a nice ball that s cheap but still shoots nice. thanx

Treefall25
09-01-2003, 01:16 PM
i can also solve my own prob by getting a paint sponser if anyone wants to send me some free paint. hehehe

Torbo
09-01-2003, 02:11 PM
before i started getting paint free, i loved pmi premium, or Big ball. Now i shoot 32* competition or Draxxus competetive edge, both of which are surprisingly good.

nt2004
09-01-2003, 02:17 PM
use premium its cheaper and its not mishapen. Big ball tends to be a bit mishapen sometimes.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
09-01-2003, 02:46 PM
for a cheap paint that shoots decent try zap primer. It shoots like the Chronic, but just doesn't have the thick fill

TheDuelist
09-01-2003, 04:24 PM
I've been using Anarchy for awhile now and have found it to be a good paint. It has a very bright fill so marking isn't a problem and in my opinion it shoots just as well as marbelizer. You can find it online for about $39 a case from a couple of different places.

paint magnet
09-01-2003, 05:32 PM
TC's Viper Venom does rather well for around 40 a case too. Its not oily and fill is pretty bright. I'd say its like a thicker shelled version of Draxxus Blaze.

FreakBaller12
09-01-2003, 05:51 PM
i bought 4 cases of competetive edge(draxxus paint) and i love it
cheap white box but works good as hell

Wc Keep
09-02-2003, 09:35 AM
big ball is really great paint. i will take it over most kinds of paint. only problem is its not thick so it can be wipe easily. i actually had someone wipe on me and get away with it, til i nailed him a second time on the hopper ;) :p

swat150
09-02-2003, 11:06 AM
I cannot aford expensive paint so i usualy buy hot spot. If you ever shot anarchy its great stuff. It has a great shell and thick fill the retail is like 60 bucks. Hotspot has the same shell as anarchy but a thin fill. But for 35 dollars a case you cannot beat it. Heck ive seen 2nds going for 35. Does anybody notice how brasseagle is trying to hide there logo on there products. Instead of there old huge logo they use MADE BY BEI. (brass eagle Inc.) LOL

Dayspring
09-02-2003, 02:13 PM
I know 800 Paintball had some stuff called Ambush a while back. They did a deal of 3 cases for $90 and free shipping. Shot pretty well. REAL thick shell.

But my faves are anything by Severe or Evil. (Evil is not the cheap stuff, but great paint.)

Automaggin2
09-02-2003, 02:24 PM
i definatly see a decrease in performance with crappy paint. Besides my balls curving, my velocity seems to be less consistent

dinger
09-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Big Balls are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! and thats final. they just turn into @$(@ after like 2 or 3 weeks.

PMI Premium... well i would post the REAL name it deserves, but then id be making use of the cuss filter.. PM if you wanna know what those balls really are. "premium" is always funny-shaped and i had like 4 egg-shaped balls the other day. good thing i didn't shoot those!! plus they dont break a lot of times.. and thats at 270fps shooting at someone no more than 40 feet away. also they curve like WHOA

you want cheap paint? get some RPS stuff, its pretty decent. or you can just get the BE shizzle. it rarely breaks on target :D but it sorta shoots fairly well

Wc Keep
09-02-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by dinger
Big Balls are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! and thats final. they just turn into @$(@ after like 2 or 3 weeks.

PMI Premium... well i would post the REAL name it deserves, but then id be making use of the cuss filter.. PM if you wanna know what those balls really are. "premium" is always funny-shaped and i had like 4 egg-shaped balls the other day. good thing i didn't shoot those!! plus they dont break a lot of times.. and thats at 270fps shooting at someone no more than 40 feet away. also they curve like WHOA

you want cheap paint? get some RPS stuff, its pretty decent. or you can just get the BE shizzle. it rarely breaks on target :D but it sorta shoots fairly well

big ball is rps stuff. pmi premium is also rps stuff. sorry to break that info to you.

LeatherPants
09-02-2003, 03:24 PM
I've shot most of the paint that is out there. Here's the best breakdown I can do.

Ultimate Chronic- Metalic brittle shell comes only in thick pink fill stains. Thickest fill out there very heavy ball. Can't wipe. Hard to find usually at events. Not good to shoot our of marker operating above 350psi

PMI/RPS EVIL- Good shell brittle thick fill

Chronic- Brittle shell not alway perfect round but for some reason still shoots straight. Heavy ball thick fill follows line. Cheaper than EVIL.

ZAP Primer- Shoots like Chronic. Smaller bore but good fill breaks on target. I mixed in a case with my other cases of Chronic, couldn't tell. Lighter ball. Cheap as hell.

PMI Premium- Good rec ball. Not too expensive but real light doesn't always follow line.

Marbs, All Stars, Slam- Good for woods ball. Shell doesn't break all the time for speedball. But good for shooting through bushes. Fill is so so but not worth the money.

Blaze- Not too bad of a mid grade paint. Have had mixed results though. Fill is average ball is light.

Hellfire- Super brittle small bore good fill but not worth the money.

GT
09-02-2003, 03:27 PM
crappy cheap paint= awfull eff and consistancy. Paint to barrel match doesnt do **** when you are shooting cubes.

just a reminder.