PDA

View Full Version : Need some Ideas for a Tiger Shark

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Scroll down for Update.

Well I picked up a tiger shark from a friend of mine. It had set in a garage for over a year. First things I have done were polish all the rust and grim off. Then I filled all the plastic lettering and symbols off.

Everything I'm doing to this I want to do myself. I want to make it look as much like a real gun as possible to use for secnerio play. I have already fabricated a stock out of wood it is a replica of a BB gun stock. I think I may have to go pickup a clip from a gun store. However I was still thinking of a super long barrel, a bi-pod, and maybe converting it to bolt action like a real rifle.

So any ideas. Just about the only machines I dont have access to are a mill and a lathe. I always prefere the good ol dremal though :)

Matt_mg
09-03-2003, 11:03 AM
a fake gas-trough magasine and a mp5-ish front grip could look cool

Blink
09-03-2003, 01:59 PM
And the most important part of all, post pics :-D please.

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Ok, Fabricated the shark to accept a wood stock today, stock still needs to be rounded off and holes still need to be drilled. This hasnt happed yet because the 9oz tank I am useing I havent gotten yet, I may borrow one just for measure meants. It sits on pretty well rite now though. Here is the first pic to hold you over till i get some epoxy for the clip.

chris99506
09-06-2003, 04:40 PM
i would recomend a trash can to keep it in

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Well why we are recommending things I would recommend you get the hell off my thread.

ZSigErik
09-06-2003, 04:57 PM
OWNED!

chizle97
09-06-2003, 07:49 PM
UBER OWNED!!! TAKE THAT SUBSPACE!

-=Squid=-
09-07-2003, 09:11 PM
OMG! Everyone should see what I did to my stingray, just seems fitting to put that in this thread. Keep your eyes out for a video of the FASTEST ray EVER! :D

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Just a update, the shark is done rite now, unless i decided to do 2 other mods which I am debateing on rite now, finish product pic will be up tommorrow.:)

chris99506
09-08-2003, 07:06 PM
owned? wow, your really stupid.
and that stock looks like crap too what did you use a 2x4?you should put that in the trash can next to the tiger shark.

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Well you know what buddy, you have alot of anger. I think we need to see each other three times a week, until you get that anger out. Then we can get down to the real emotional reasons why your such a freaking noob.

Oh, and if you look beside that tigershark, there is a 2k2 timmy. Now I have no problems with mags. However, by the look of your sig seems you own a Rt. Now whos gun blows whos out of the water.

Also, if you provide a plane ticket, I will bring my tiger shark, along with some 12 gram co2s and a couple of 10 round tubes full of paint and show you what in your words "trash" can do.

-=Squid=-
09-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
Well you know what buddy, you have alot of anger. I think we need to see each other three times a week, until you get that anger out. Then we can get down to the real emotional reasons why your such a freaking noob.

Oh, and if you look beside that tigershark, there is a 2k2 timmy. Now I have no problems with mags. However, by the look of your sig seems you own a Rt. Now whos gun blows whos out of the water.

Also, if you provide a plane ticket, I will bring my tiger shark, along with some 12 gram co2s and a couple of 10 round tubes full of paint and show you what in your words "trash" can do.

Hahaha....burninated!

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-08-2003, 08:13 PM
:)

xrancid_milkx
09-10-2003, 01:22 AM
chris99506 you have no place on this forum if you continue your negative posting. Your attitude is un-wanted, un-welcomed, and if you upset enough members not tolerated.

Looking good. Have you ever considered molding a custom pump rod? Make those dremel skills come in handy :D

I've always wanted to convert my old tigershark into a break action operation some how. That would be real cool. Although I'm having a hard time figuring out how that would be done.

have you come across any problems while assembling it? Or are things running smooth so far?

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Here it is, I still want to make a either a pump handle, or fangle away to make it bolt action.

Oh, and yes I know the stock is upside down because of clearance issues with the tank.

Stechele
09-14-2003, 03:44 PM
have you though about notching out the stock to straddle the tank so that way it would be right side up?
keep up the good work

personman
09-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Stechele
have you though about notching out the stock to straddle the tank so that way it would be right side up?
keep up the good work
Yeah I was going to say it would look alot cooler if maybe the wood was notched to go over a 9oz tank or something or even if it was hollow and could slip over it that would be pretty sweet..

Vida
09-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey Spongebob, check this link. This guy has done some really cool things to his 'shark.
http://www.netusa1.net/~newdles/freak.html

circus5
09-29-2003, 10:28 AM
you really cant notch the stock to hold a tank, the tigersharks ASA is at such a funny angle that youd have to cut almost all the way through the stock, and im pretty sure that would REALLY compromise its strength.
as for making it "bolt action" this can be faked. just attatch a metal tube to the side, run a rod through this and attatch it to one of the pump arms. put a lever (from a real gun if possible) at the end of this rod and there you have it.

Stechele
10-01-2003, 05:33 PM
It shouldnt be at any differnt of an angle than a stingray. and if the stock was cut to fit so that it rests on the tank it should be no prob.or you could go to :
http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/guns0.html
they make fake stocks to fit arounf tank

knodeoff
10-19-2003, 08:22 PM
i was thinking cant you just get a 12gm quik change and then notch the stock to fit around it. that would be pretty cool.

knode

ej_y4
10-22-2003, 11:35 AM
12 would be the way to go, or you could run a remote, and form the wood around it.....that looks great for a horrable gun.....lol, nice job