PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendation for paintball specific Hydro Tester...

cledford
09-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Hello All,

I'm seeking a recommendation for a paintball specific hydro tester. There was a service Called Hydro2go that catered to the paintball industry - but alas it appears the gentleman running the show has moved on to other opportunities.

I really liked his service as he was very knowledgeable about paintball tanks and regs (a frequent poster in the PB Nation Air systems forum) and had developed a number of tools and jigs to safely (with regard to finish) remove PB regs from the bottles. He also would send you a pre-addressed shipping container (read proper sized, weight box) for your air system to insure it was packaged safely and according to safety regulations. All in all it was an awesome service.

I'd like to find someone on the east coast who specializes in PB air systems if possible - especially if they offer similar services. Any recommendations and contact info are appreciated.

Thanks,

-Calvin

dinger
09-02-2003, 07:09 AM
i forgot what the purpose of the hydro testing is :o
isn't it for something about the tank exploding??

also, i was wondering how much a re-hydro is

Bigzamboni
09-02-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by dinger
i forgot what the purpose of the hydro testing is :o
isn't it for something about the tank exploding??

also, i was wondering how much a re-hydro is

I hope that was a joke...

They inspect and test the tank to insure that it can still safely contain the specified amount of compressed air and hasn't suffered damage that would compromise its ability to do such.

Price depends on where you have it done.. Can range from $20 to $40.

Hydro2Go is what I used. They are/were relatively close to me. Only other paintball geared place I can remember having looked at was www.hydrotesters.com however I don't think they have the box and whatnot.

cphilip
09-02-2003, 09:22 AM
Calvin, contact BradAGD. I think he has an outlet thats good and reasonable. You'll find his email here somewhere.

1stdeadeye
09-02-2003, 04:31 PM
American Breathing Systems, Inc.
7300 Industrial Ctr. Bldg#10
Route 130 North
Pennsauken, NJ 08110
856-663-3749

They do all kinds of air tanks. They do the paintball tanks on site. Turn around time now is 2 weeks and they charged me $26.00 to test my old 68/3k tank.

Hope this helps.

BarryTolar
09-02-2003, 04:57 PM
http://www.sounddive.com/Hydrotest.htm

Did I great job on my Flatline

Barry

Prezents
09-03-2003, 03:41 AM
Really good and fasthttp://www.sounddive.com/paintball_tank_testing.htm

JEDI
09-03-2003, 10:51 AM
www.hydrofinish.com They're pretty good. Good website.

Spaceman613
09-03-2003, 10:59 AM
I lucked out, my local place is 4 or 5 blocks from my apt, and I get charged $15.

They also sell and service bulk tanks, so when i finally get my scuba tanks, they can hook me up.

GT
09-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Calvin, contact BradAGD. I think he has an outlet thats good and reasonable. You'll find his email here somewhere.

My bud just got one back from Brad. I think it was like 30-35 bucks and takes 2 weeks. PM him under "BradAGD" he is real fast with the replies.

jb