PDA

View Full Version : Shatner 2 recap

slasherdan
09-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Well all I can say is that we gave it the best shot possible.

Last year when we played Shatner had cheated on several occasions and Mancow lacked the balls to stay teamed with Tom because he wanted to kiss Shatner's back side like the Star Trek groupie he claims he's not.

This year ..... well we got Shatner AND Mancow inside the first 30 minutes of the game. I can understand Shatner having a bodyguard with a shield to protect the old man, but that puss Mancow had one too. The big wimp..

At least Tom's "Shock and Awe" campaign worked, I don't think Cow went back into the game after that.

Hat's off to Glen Palmer. The man hurt his back REALLY bad moving his gear around. He didn't play the entire day, but at least he got in there for as long as he could handle it.

Another hat to you Tom for playing for the good part of the day while being sick.

I think Shatner pulled one over on Tom that wasn't brought to light. Last year the team Evil Inc was on Shatner's team. For some reason they were on ours this year. They shot more outlaws than Calvary....

For every Cavalry they shot, they shot 3 to 5 outlaws as well. I know, cause I witnessed it. If they're on Kaye's team next year then I'm switching to Shatner's team. I'd rather play with wipers than Backstabbing Idiot's who can't tell if the guy wearing their jersey is on their team or can't remember if a paintball comes out of a stock or barrel. Idiots all. Rule number one ... check your target. These guys clearly had no training, and even worse, don't have one brain cell to shared between them all.

The only thing that really put a bad taste in my mouth was the amount of wiping on the Shatner team, as well as the amount of over shooting. The worse case of this was when one player on the final battle was knock unconscious, as in out cold, but Shatner's guys. The guy hit the ground and didn't get back up. Shatner's guys continued to shoot him. One of our players ran out there to cover him and threw his arms in the air to signal he was out. They continued to shoot him and the man who was unconscious. The ref's finally took notice 15 seconds later and called a time out.

I think that was the breaking point for me. Shatner's team won but they clearly didn't deserve the win. The contant wiping and failure to follow the rules was gross. We had the ref's watch the Blue's on our deplyment area and they started pulling out wipers left and right, it was only worse in the final game. I ran into the hotel and shot the first guy. I got the first shot, the first kill. He lit me up until I said I was out for the fifth time. I left but he didn't.

The ref's said that we couldn't go off the ridge and that it was the boundry, yet the Calvary did and out flanked part of our forces on the left.

I have no problems with loosing a game as long as it's done to a bunch of honest players. Sharner's team was not made up of a 100% honest players.

Were the outlaws innocent on these issue's??? Prabably not. I'm sure there were some wipers. But when I was talking to the Shatner players through the day they never mentioned it. Most likely because they were not seeing it.

Bugmuncher
09-02-2003, 12:55 PM
While I was impressed with most of the refereeing, I also have to admit I was disappointed by it as well.

Example 1: I chronoed in at 265, then played for a bit, and a handheld chrono had me at 281, 315, 279. I got punched and was treated like a cheater by the referee that clocked me. I was not argumentative with her, but she punched me anyway.

So I chronoed back down to 265, and an hour later I was back above 280, and was not allowed to enter. That's fine by me, since they didn't punch me.

But my paranoia led me to chrono down to 230 so I would have no problems.

Example 2: Just before the final battle, I got new air, and chronoed myself at 199.

Ten minutes into the final battle I was told I was done for the day for shooting hot. I volunteered to disconnect my air and play with an inoperative weapon, and the referees told me they were trying to send as many people out as possible, and it was for my own safety that I leave, since the venue for the final battle was too dangerous considering the number of people there.

I dunno. For my $100, I'd like the chance to lead a few charges with an inoperative weapon and catch a few paintballs.

I'll probably do one more event before writing it off entirely.

Jason

largetarget
09-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Anyone else have questions about the field chrono used on the outlaw's side during the final game at Shatner on Sunday? When I chronoed over (without having had time to fire a first shot in the match) I was dismissed. Fine, my mistake for not being tuned right. Happy to leave and not hurt anyone. Then I realized at least 25% of us were failing chrono. What are the odds that many of us, having chronoed that morning, possibly again on the field during the day, were shooting hot at the same time? Worse, we were out of the game, not allowed to shoot, getting slaughtered with paint (most of it bling lobbing), and there was no way off the field and no shelter. No refs interested in the problem either. We eventually crawled down the little cliff there into another (happily empty) playing field. The refs goal was apparently to get people out of the game, but they didn't have any follow through. Not to mention the number of people who just ignored the system.

nosnformatt
09-02-2003, 02:50 PM
listen, i was personally beside mancow in the first battle and i saw him get hit then call for a medic then the med cleaned him then i saw him get shot then he was hit in the head and left the feild, no bodyguards with sheilds and he was on the front. how is that a puss

Jeffy-CanCon
09-02-2003, 03:04 PM
I never had any chrono problems all day, though I know a few people who did.

IMO, the biggest factor in deciding the game wasn't cheating, or mismatched numbers. It was the tanks. Ours broke down early (11:15, on the first mission), and was not repaired. The Cavalry tank stayed on the field another three hours, and swept everyone before it. Without it, the blue team was almost never able to advance against us.

I've played almost a dozen events this size, and in my experience "wiping", "overshooting" and firing through tapelines is usually over-reported.

80% of people playing these games are shooting at close to their maximum range, and can't really see their balls breaking on target. They shoot 10-20 balls, and assume they got a valid hit. If the target doesn't walk away, they call him a cheater. From the receiving end, I'll testify that few balls actually hit, and fewer still break at long ranges.

When you open fire on the opposition, and 5-10 guys fire back 5-10 balls each, it feels like overshooting, though it's really not. It sucks, but nobody is being vicious.

Later in the day, people DO start wiping and overshooting, because many are fed up with all the perceived wiping on the other team. Tempers flare, arguments start, and you find out how good the refs really are. I generally get off the field about an hour before the posted game-end time, to avoid the madness.

If the EMR refs were pulling people out of the last battle to reduce potential trouble in the overcrowded village, I can understand that. If there was no further plan it was because the organizer wasn't involved, and the refs actions were based on their own experiences. EMR has well-trained and experienced scenario refs, and their concern is with safety first, rather than paint sales or player glory.

(note: they did allow LaW to play in the final battle with no paintgun at all, just the Wang Force banner)

Bugmuncher
09-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi Jeff.

Thanks for the thoughtful post. I saw the dude with the banner, too, and I was glad he was there. I just wish the referees would have allowed me to do what he did.

I completely agree with you about the perception of overshooting, shooting hot, etc and how it adds to players' frustration. I do my part during the game by not arguing with anyone (including referees) and asking people to check me if I can't see an obvious hit on myself. That, and I try to make others on my team feel the peace that each player needs in order to prevent the rage that comes from frustration.

I'm usually the last person to whine about anything, too. I just think it's silly to have paid $100 for an event where safety and fun don't have the same rank in the minds of the refs. The moment fun is placed below safety, either the event is too dangerous, or it's not as fun as it could be. That's what turns people away from events such as this. An event that ranks both of these equally will have the highest percentage of satisfied players, in my opinion. (It makes sense - if people aren't having fun, will they come back?)

BTW: I think I have learned a lesson from my final battle experience: the line "Who's coming with me?" never works. :) After addressing about 20 raiders who had an excellent position on the right and a short 10-yard run to the center building, I took off, and led a massive charge... with only one following me. Was it effective? I got a glimpse of the inside. :)

Too bad I didn't get to meet you. CanCon was one of the first paintball pages I found on the web, and I've always wondered about it.

Jason

Muzikman
09-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Since I did not play and gave up my right to play for a Press pass, I spent the day walking around the field taking pics on both sides. I had talked to quite a few refs and I was pinned on the cliff during the final battle (the cliff where the Calvery was flanking from the left. I stood next to two refs who were watching and making sure the players were not going out out bounds.

Was this game fixed? I had my doubts Saturday night, but I think there were some things that did not make sense in which let me think that the tables were tipped in favor of Shatner.

As for cheating, there was playing on and wiping on both sides. That is what happens when you get that many people on the field. As for the hot guns. My guess is that if you went on the field under 280 and the hand helds were showing a little higher, then there was an inconsistancy with the chrono's. I saw this at the IAO when my team went and chronoed at the one station and we all got in the tent to get on the field, most of our guns were hot. I can tell you that the blue team was also chronoing on during the final battle. I have a pic of a whole group of them standing there along the road near the castle shooting across a chrono.

All in all I think this was a VERY wel run game. If you are not use to big games then you might think differently, but all in all things were safe, fair, and I saw quite a bit of all around sportsmanship. The communication between the refs were the best I have ever seen in a game this size. I give lots of credit to Blue and crew for doing a great job with this event, and if the event is moved away from EMR next year, I sure hope that they find a place that can run it as smooth, but that will be a hard task.

judster
09-02-2003, 07:30 PM
slasherdan...the reason evil inc played for tom this year is because thay are an AGD sponsored secnario team. i have played with these guys many times. one thing they are NOT are cheaters. they are some of the best standup players in scenario ball. i know manty times in a final/big battle i have taken hit from my own team. thats the way it is. are these people 'spies'? no just bad shots. im sorry you had a bad time, but doging a scenario team because they 'played for shatner last year' is stupid. this is all im am going to say on the matter, i was not there this year. i will however point the members of evil inc to this forum and they can talk for themselves...

slasherdan
09-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Judster,
I didn't claim that Evil Inc cheated. I was just really annoyed that I got shot out of the game by them during so many fights that it just became an issue of "What the hell are they thinking?"

If these guys are so good, then they really need to learn to "see" their target before they shoot. And if they shoot, they need to cut down on the number of times they pull the trigger. And when they watch their team take an objective then they need to learn the fact that there is a 50% chance the person they see IS their teammate.

Let me explain two situations to give a better example of what I'm talking about.

1.) Battle at the Gap of Rohan. (hey that what the sign said):
We have some Blue shirts slowly coming up the hill. I get one Evil Inc guys attention that I'm going to hide in some bushes and ambush any one that comes up through the trees. He says "cool". In the meantime I'm watching one of our ghillie suit snipers watching over us. A blue shirt is sneaking up on him and I try to point him out. I can't say anything because I don't want to give away my spot. Well Ghillie suit gets it and the Blue shirt see me and opens up. Ambush ruined I decide to get out of there. I yell "Outlaw coming out!!" and I leap out of my hiding spot. Evil Inc guy shoots me about 6 times (or more) from 8 feet away. He knew I was there. I annouced my intentions. I get shot... more than need be.

2.) Final battle:
We make a charge for one of the bunker between our lines and the Blue shirts. Evil Inc guy is on the ridge giving us supporting fire, I and one other guy make it into the bunker. I throw my back to the wall so I can see my lines to make sure I can see their retreat if they get pushed. I point my marker out the door towards the blues and open up. The next thing I know, I get shot 12 times by the guy that was giving me cover fire.
This guy tries to appologies after the issue so I should give him credit. But his excuse for shooting me is "I just saw a body in the door and a stock pointing at me."
So this only proves that this team is cannot operate in large groups. Why split them up as XO's was a mistake. Let them stay a team and work on their own by themselves.

I won't even get into all the other times they shot me and fellow teammates out. I haven't got the energy in my fingers.

If they really are that good, then they really had a poor showing that day.

oxyguy
09-02-2003, 08:43 PM
I Have a Good Story and a "Thank You" To Someone! This was my 11 yr. old son's first big game. We discussed plans what would happen if and when we got seperated in a field as big as EMR. I was marked out, near the little castle.He was supposed to get somewhere safe and wait. Well... He wandered...walked down towards the birdbath... Heard a firefight erupt and turned and walked the other way..Then he realized he was lost and no ref around! Panic set in and through the radio it was clear that he was scared. As he set down next to a tree, in a dead panic... the bush next to him started talking to him to calm him down Gave him some direction to get back to castle Numbskull.... To That man in the Ghille... I Owe you!!!!!If you read this please respond because a simple act like what you did, saved a father son outing that could have gone bad. THANK YOU !!!!!
Les

judster
09-02-2003, 10:18 PM
slasher, i can understand your complants. they seem valid to me. i was not there to see 1st hand what happened, so until evil inc speaks up i really do not have an argument here. i just wanted to state that the times ive played against/with them its been a pleasure. no harm no foul, like i said i will pass along this thread to them and let them tell their side. i am in no way, shape, or form a person that needs to talk for them, they are big boys. again im sorry you didnt have a good time. i know afer the 1st shatner game i wasnt too happy either, trust me, for the money i spent to get up there i could have played 3 good MXS or Viper games that would have lasted longer then 8-9hrs. thats one of the main reasons i didnt go this year...i can get more 'bang for my buck' at a MXS or Viper event. by any chance was this your 1st scenario game?

Dayspring
09-02-2003, 11:39 PM
I also got an inconsistent chrono judge at the end of the day. I chrono'd low all day to remove any doubt. I go through chrono at the final battle 3 times. 4th time, ref sends me out for the day for shooting hot but won't show me the speed.

BS!

AutomagRT1483
09-03-2003, 12:03 AM
I have no problems with loosing a game as long as it's done to a bunch of honest players. Sharner's team was not made up of a 100% honest players.

Oh yeah, I can agree with ya on that one too buddy. Not so much the wipers but the general idiocy of a select few of there players that I ran into during the mid day fight by the reinsertion points. I got hit three times in the gun, two in the chest, 11 in the back, 2 in the back of the leg and one on the top of my head from one of them. I was laying in a fetal position on the ground because it hurt that much. That idiot lit me up and the ref didnt even do a damn thing about it, he even seen me screaming that I was out and with my hand in the air. That was total BS on the part of the ref staff. Then I got yelled at by the large ref with the canada flag on his goggles for contesting it, he told me to keep it to myself which I sure wasnt going to do. I hope its not back at EMR next year. Or they should get all the refs to know what there doing out there and not be just spectators. They dropped the ball there, big time.

Burphel
09-03-2003, 04:16 AM
Heya, Burphel from Evil Inc. here.

I personally, can't recall shooting a teammate all day. I came close once, setting down my gun to radio in about a tank and having a twig pop the electric trigger. Missed a friendly's foot by inches. I did get shot at least twice by Raider/Cyborg teammates. In scenario games, friendly fire happens. It ain't fun, but it happens.

As for overshooting, you just mentioned that the biggest episode happened right next to an active insertion point. Do you think that just maybe, the bad guys might have been raining shots in at the waves of live players streaming in behind you? In a situation like that, you haul *** to a tapeline when you're out and expect a few extra bruises anyway.

As for our effectiveness, I think the score in spite of the odds against us speaks for itself. We came very close to winning this event. Evil Inc and Wang force were the only teams on our side that showed up for organizational meetings. You may not realize just how stacked the odds were against us. Shatner and Manchowder are just figureheads, the real people running the Cav were Pacman and the Mag 7. That would be 7 people who probably have more cumulative experience in scenario paintball than the rest of the people on the field put together. They also had several teams that knew the field. Hell, Blue owns the field. They had numbers, they had their base in Castle Aargh, the single most defensible position on the field, and they had scenario experience. In spite of this, the Raiders/Cyborg were winning up until the very end, and could have pulled out a win if we'd taken the final battle.

Wang Force and the other AO members that showed up helped immensely, as did the efforts of every member of our side, but without organization, hitting hard won't win a scenario game. That organization is what Evil brought to the game. At least 3 of us killed the batteries in our radios (something we've never done in 24hr games) from the amount of inter-squad and squad to base communication we were doing.

And yes, I'll agree that yelling 'follow me' seldom works. If you saw a guy in a kilt clearing rooms and running for the objective twice in the last minute, once without a gun, you saw a few of my many experiences with that. This is a basic issue with leadeship in paintball scenarios. Every player is there voluntarily and can opt out at any time. Unlike the military, we can't shoot someone for desertion or failure to follow orders. Well, you can, but it doesn't help ;). Again, you do what you can with what you have.

As for how clean the game was, every Cavalry player I shot walked or got a medic and I saw only one questionable call by a ref.

I'm sorry if you had a bad time, Slasher. But I think the number of people who enjoyed the game in spite of losing far outnumber those who didn't. And as for our effect, Tom seemed pretty pleased with what he's getting out of sponsoring us. I didn't see him without a smile all weekend, even after the loss.

*disclaimer* I'm not the team captain, so this isn't what I'd call the official team response, just mine. Preacher is helping drive our trailer back to Cali right now, so don't expect such a response for another few days.

Burphel
09-03-2003, 04:24 AM
*oops* I misread A.RT's post about overshooting as yours Slasher, my bad.

slasherdan
09-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Hey Burphel,
I never claimed I didn't have a good time. I guess all my ranting kind of gave that impression. Sorry about that.

I was just really tired of getting shot out by your group. To be honest my goal of the day wasn't winning, it was getting Mancow. And everytime I got close to him I was shot out by someone on your team. So I guess that's all the whining I'll do.

Other than that I did have a fun time. The day was pretty much stacked against us from the beginning though. Pacman and Blue selected Shatner's base and picked the one that was the hardest to assault.

Well I do have one issue with the judges though. I low crawled to a position to set up an ambush, and I had three blue's walking into it and didn't see me. The next thing I know I have a judge walk up behind me and declare I was clear. Next thing I know I have three blue's looking right at me and diving for cover because they practically were in my dead zone. I demanded the ref to walk me out of there and let me get set up somewhere else and he said he couldn't. I was the only one there. There was no one else around. He watched me low crawl the entire was and knew that no one shot at me and even whispered a word about how good my progress was.....

So I got back to the wall by the speedball field and took command of the 5 or so guys there. The tank rolled up and I had everyone retreat to the woods. The Tank rolled by and I had everyone charge back to the wall. We caught a bunch of their guys with their pants down. :-)

Trips
09-03-2003, 10:06 AM
I was not there this year. But I was at the first one last year in Joliet, Ill.

I have to say from what I have read and heard it went better than last year. With a game of this size, How many players BTW, you can expect to have some issues. CPX was not prepared, Blue runs mega games several times a year. The ref issue can be addressed, just as this year the paint fiasco, from last year, was resolved.

Everyone should also remember one thing....it was for charity. A lot of kids will benefit from the money raised.
Regardless of the outcome you got to play on one of the top fields in the world.

Please E mail JJ as he will want to know what went right and what went wrong. I believe the event got better from what I have read, but as with any thing there is room for improvement.

Bugmuncher
09-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Trips
Everyone should also remember one thing....it was for charity. A lot of kids will benefit from the money raised.
Regardless of the outcome you got to play on one of the top fields in the world.

Please E mail JJ as he will want to know what went right and what went wrong. I believe the event got better from what I have read, but as with any thing there is room for improvement.

Amen, bro. Despite feeling bummed for being sent off the field early, I don't regret that the $100 (minus a few for Blue's expenses) went to the charities.

I e-mailed SPPLAT using the form on their website. I made a point of letting them know I was disappointed, but I did it in a very polite manner. I have not heard back from them yet, though. I don't know whether they are in the habit of writing people back.

As for attendance, the AP reported 2000, and the Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin reported 1200. I think the 1200 figure is more accurate, personally, since the reporter from the P&S-B had a reason to stay all day and ask more questions. Heck, he actually played.

Jeffy-CanCon
09-03-2003, 10:46 AM
When I spoke with Blue on Friday afternoon, there were less than 1000 pre-registered. He usually gets a hundred or more last-minute people at his events, so 1200 is not unreasonable.

The EMR ref staff is pretty good, but they are not perfect. They are pretty active on the safety rules, but some things (overshooting) they can't do much about. It's not really practical for them to shield a player with their own body, or run across the field to pull someone for overshooting. Remember that they are on the field all day, and are going to take a few shortcuts, and do/say a few dumb things as they get tired. A little compassion would be nice, but think of how many people they watch get eliminated.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good game. Tom did some fine generalship, and he seemed to have a respectable staff. AO provided a fairly agressive core for the Raiders, too.

It was really nice to be able to put some faces to these names. :)

Darkstorm
09-03-2003, 11:14 AM
I was at Spplat-II game like I was at Spplat-I. In general it was a VERY good game. And the PUB CRAWLERS did an excellent job of ref'ing. This was a game that everyone should have been proud of.

One thing that everyone must understand is that there was a more paint flying than I have ever even heard of at one time, especially in the final battle. In those cases, when you get hit, you need to move, QUICKLY. Sometimes people did not know they got hit. That is what the ref's are for, they help you out.

I will tell everyone that was not there it was this was a great game. Evil, Inc did a good job. We lost, but it was not because of cheating or the game was rigged. The other team was VERY good. Could we have been better, yes we cold have? Sure.

But remember, last year, Shatner was winning the whole time. This year, we were winning for the first half.

After talking to JJ and seeing the great things he and Shatner are starting, I expect that Spplat-III "The Search for a Beer" will be even better.

I'll be there and my recommendation is that the TEXAS ARMY join with AO and give Shatner the chance to demonstrate grace in the face of defeat.

AutomagRT1483
09-03-2003, 12:30 PM
I was right on the tapline, behind one of them gaint tires. I couldn't get up because I was getting shot so much from one player. Those weren't raining shots, they were direct and deliberate shots. Im just pissed that the ref that was 3 feet from me didnt come over by me like he did for automagfreek that got shot out a minute prior to me. He just sat and watched me get pummelled.(sp?)

Jeffy-CanCon
09-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Darkstorm

After talking to JJ and seeing the great things he and Shatner are starting, I expect that Spplat-III "The Search for a Beer" will be even better.

How about "SPPLAT III : A Search for Stock"

They could hide one of those gold-plated laser-autographed Illusion stock-guns on the field. Let the finder keep it, and give points to his team.

Bugmuncher
09-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Jeffy-CanCon

How about "SPPLAT III : A Search for Stock"

They could hide one of those gold-plated laser-autographed Illusion stock-guns on the field. Let the finder keep it, and give points to his team.

Yeah, then they could eject the player that picks it up, beacuse the temperature went up since the marker was hidden, and now it's shooting 320. :D

LaW
09-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Wow, lots of reading on this one!

I didn't have any paint left at the end of the day to play in the final battle but I prowdly supported wang force by running with our team in a few charges in the middle of the battle. I recieved lots of hits from behind and from the opposition. I was glad just to participate in the end someway... The rest of the day went well. My first time out I was shot about 3 times by a player on my team and all hit my marker. I also shot a player of my team in the back later on but it was a miscued pball that went crazy since I had a break in the barrel... luckily it only hit and didn't break on him.

This was A LOT better then the first shatnerball... much more organized... I was a volunteer ref at last years and I ddn't know what was going on all day, what the points were, etc etc... From what I heard, there were only 400 preregistered this year and I dont think it made it over 1000 players, but I could be wrong. The refs in my opinion did a GREAT job, compared to the group of refs I was working with at CPX last year. Every time I was out on the field sunday I made it a point to just thank the nearest ref for being there and doing a great job.

All day our team was just doing great! Unfortunately early afternoon, about halfway through we were overrun hard when our numbers thinned... it didn't help that their tank was opperational most of the day as well.... But when we made our insertion we did manage to push back the blue shirts pretty good near the end. There was a lot stacked against our team and I thought for the situation we did GREAT! If you think about it, its really hard to actually rig something like this and not make it obvious... there were just a few things that seemed weird here and there but I think the whole event was a complete success.

I would just like to thank Evil Inc. for doing a great job, AGD, my fellow AO'ers, Shatner, Mancow, Glenn Palmer for coming out despite his late week back injury, and of course Tom Kaye. This is an event that I love being a part of 2 years in a row and will be for as long as its held! This is a must attend event for me every year now no matter what!

cabldawg
09-03-2003, 04:38 PM
SlasherDan,
I am Cable of Evil Inc. I was the one who shot you during final battle. I apologized then and will do it again, right here. I apologize. I thought you were an opposing player so I shot. I put 2 rounds on you. I will not make any other statements about the rest of your comments on this board. If you wish to discuss them with me you may contact me at Cable@teamevilinc.com

LaW
09-03-2003, 06:56 PM
come on guys, these things happen in games as big as these... your there to have fun, not go home and complain later!! :)

Esh
09-03-2003, 08:50 PM
All and all I liked it. The smack talk alone probably was worth the price of admission. I got to play with a lot of friends new and old, and experience my first 1K game, if the numbers are right. I was complaining at the end about the game being rigged and all but after getting a shower and some sleep, I don't think it was all that impossible to have beaten them. I mean we lost the game basically because we lost our livestock right?

As for the final battle, I didn't have a problem with the hand held cronos. I did however notice that about half way through the final battle the refs started to hold there finger over the top of the crono. I don't know what that was about but maybe they should have been using the red ones instead. As for the charges, your right, 'follow me' doesn't work. This is a significant problem for me since I am in the Army and that is how they teach us to lead. I got the leopard spots to prove it. Over shooting, especially in the final battle it happens. You can't blame anyone because you're doing it yourself. Shooting your own team... come on this is paintball "fog of war" and such. Stuff happens and it isn't done in malice.

The refs for the most part were good. There was a couple that I had issues with but overall they did well. There was one that had a bad attitude out there and didn't want to hear anything from the player. And then there was our first insertion ref. We had two guys get called out for sliding out of bounds into our insertion point. There were no markings for anyone to tell where the line was. I asked him to fix it and he said he couldn't leave his position. I went in told Blue's staff what was going on, they called down there to the insertion ref and told him to fix it. He replied he didn't know where the problem was. I had to go back out to the insertion area and show him. When I got back out there he had no clue as to what I was referring to(yes it was the same ref). He was the one that made the call, he was the one that said he could do nothing about it, and he was the one that ended up fixing it. I don't know what this guy’s problem was but when a player comes to ref and says there is a problem with the field you just don't blow him off. That guy eventually wasn't on the reinsertion point and I don't know where he went but he defiantly wasn't typical of the reffing at EMR.

If they have it at EMR again next year I’ll probably go if I have the money. If it isn’t I just hope it is within driving distance.

Meph
09-03-2003, 10:07 PM
To all the players who wiped or overshot. Honestly, they were in the Minority. In all the traveling and running around, I only encountered 3 people who wiped, and I think 1 overshooting incident. Well, and 1 person who just played on, didn't wipe (that was beginning of final battle, I got into the large building first, shot 2 of their guys yet they didn't walk out. I thought the ref pulled 'em, my bad). I saw more just blind firing than I did people who wiped.
It's not that people wipe. It's that people ASSUME they wiped. I mean, everybody's longballing from 300 feet away so when they finally get one that's even close to the player it must've hit. And not only hit, but actually broke on them from that distance! So the real problem isn't that people actually wipe, it's that the person who isn't even close enough to see the paint break just goes ahead and thinks to himself that he shot the guy. Then when he's not walking off the field from that 250ft. miricle shot "Oh my GOD these damn Wipers are Everywhere!"

Judster.
1) You jumping out of a bush not even less than 10 feet in front of them when they know Blue players are there? Sorry, but despite your little shout I'd shoot too! Next time don't try to be sneaky.

2) Final Battle. Honestly, not many people have much of a gripe (besides of course previous story of kid knocked out and players still shooting him) that I'd even listen to. Those hundreds of players on what, an entire 2 acres? Come on. Do you expect people to actually DELAY their instinct in such close encounters? Delays get you eleminated in those situations. You simply don't have time to look and smell the roses in that spot, it's a shoot first ask questions later. And when you DO shoot the wrong guy, then the standup players do apologize about it.

I don't see much of what you're complaining about. Sounds more like you've never played a Scenarios/Big Games before and have much to learn about what to do in more situations, and what to actually expect.

So before you go criticizing a great group of stand up, respectable and honourable players for not having enough brain cells, I suggest you get a clue yourself. Grab a tissue too, you need it.

Star_Base_CGI
09-03-2003, 10:51 PM
I chronoed at 250 but was told on the field that I was shooting 285.

I played for the Calvary.

When I rechronoed though I had actually jumped up about 10 FPS. It could have been the temperature change.

Alot of people here are made at me but if you told me that you guys dont deserve to win. I wouldnt belive it.

I offered to play for next year and was told on the forum that I am not welcome.

If you had eliminations on your own team than obviosuly those guys were cheating and they shouldnt be welcome next year.

Next year think smart. Take advantage of situations and play fair. Whiping is a joke. Whipers cant win.

AutomagRT1483
09-03-2003, 11:14 PM
All in all, I had a blast this weekend. Just that one incident was the only time I got the slightest bit frustrated. But dear god, did anyone else play the blood war game in the castle on Saturday night???? That game was over in under a minute. I got to play with Capo on numerous occasions, and Doobie's wife Trina. Very nice players those two are. Great to work with out there too. I even got to play with Havoc_Online during the final battle. If your reading this Havoc, I was the one the cleaned your pak off in the final 2 minutes of the game. Then I got to work with an idol of mine, AGDJon, in one of the huts near the airball field and one of the guys from Evil Inc(he gave me bout 20 rounds when I ran out, thanks man). That Jon is crazy, hope your ankle heals quickly. Thanks for showing me a good time out there everyone. Cavalry and Raiders alike. :D

Burphel
09-04-2003, 12:25 AM
I did however notice that about half way through the final battle the refs started to hold there finger over the top of the crono. I don't know what that was about but maybe they should have been using the red ones instead.

Just for reference, if you read the instructions for the handheld chronies, you're supposed to hold them with the top about a half inch below the barrel for an accurate reading. If the barrel is touching, the vibration of the shot messes up the measurement. Many inexperienced refs and players don't know about this and assume that since your barrel is supposed to touch the red chronies, this goes for the handhelds too.

The little loops on the top of the handhelds are supposed to be so you can hang the chrono off the tip of the barrel and shoot. Since this is a slow process, and getting a half inch freehand is tough when uninformed players want to touch the top, a lot of refs shortcut and put a finger on top and have the player shoot touching their finger. It ain't perfect, but it's better than doing it with direct contact.

My guess is that a knowledgable player or three pointed this out to a ref that didn't know and the situation finally got remedied. The lesson for those of you that didn't know this little factoid is to make sure that the proper procedure is being used when you're being chronied, since doing it wrong could stick you with a false reading that makes you look like a cheater.

Tyger
09-04-2003, 03:07 AM
Ok, since we're airing our grievances here...

***Tyger tuns on the "Dead Kennedys" to full blast....***

Ok, now I'm in the mood.

There were two players on the "bad guys" team that thoroughly pissed me off. One wa a guy behind an airball bunker in the grinder (what I called the corner region righ tby the netting) He did a very nice tourney wipe. Shot him in his left arm, he drove the hit into the airball bunker as he switched from the left to the right side wiping off the hit. THAT made me mad.

On the next insertion I went down into the woodline (which in itself was a miracle, as my ankle was not happy with the arrangement...) I got on my belly to get my bearings as a "Bad guy" player WALKED right into my barrel. So I shot one ball. The guy decides to shoot back at me, not even checking himself. So I decided that he really wanted to see the performance capability of the E-Mag, and probably poured a good 25% of my hopper into him. Three goggle hits (not mask, GOGGLES), two on his gun, a few shoulder, and so on. He shoots back at me, and hits me in the hand. Being an honorable player, I call myslef hit. I go find a referee and say "Will you tell that player there that head shots are terminal?"

The ref and I go find the player. (Easy to do, he wore a "Warped Sports" yellow and red stocking cap, had a red to black fade gun, and didn't leave the place I shot him at, Still playing and NOT waiting for a medic.) The payer I shot claims that the paint, still dripping wet paint, were old hits and that I had "only hit me in the gun." And the ref bought it by telling me that since he wasn't there, and didn't see what happened, he was "forced" to go by what the player said to him.

So any of the AO guys who saw me walk back into the tent with that look of "Someone will die" as I walked past the Automag booth with my goggles still on? I wasn't kidding. I went hunting for that guy. Sgt. Splatter tracked me down and told me that I shouldn't play angry and take out my anger on some poor dude. I wasn't playing angry, I was looking for one player who I would know on sight. He's lucky I didn't find him. I grabbed my full pods and I'm not sure if I would have let up on the trigger. I don't care if it's overshooting, but I can reload and shoot at the same time. (Not exactally what a sponsor wants to hear but you know what? I hate cheaters. I really, REALLY hate cheaters. And what's worse is I hate cheaters who lie about it.)

All that being said, there was wiping on both sides. Don't play the high road, it was out there. A lot of blatant playing on too, not even botheirng to wipe. I was looking for "Blue-shirts" wiping myself. Belive me, they would have regretted it if I found them. Melissa offered to get me a "Player ref" card, but I declined. I knew full well that if I had to walk up to someone I would have pulled their card, not just punched it.

The chrony situation was intresting. At one point I walked into the field and shot at the ground to make sure it was still working. And I FELT the thump through my foot and knee. It felt hot. So I found a ref and asked him if he had a chrony. He did, and I checked myself at 265. I don't have an explanation for it, other than it felt warm. Just strangeness overall.

I also want to hit something here about that guy in the final battle who went down. I was told, on the field, that his own team shot him in the back of the head point blank. It's happened to me at a big game (Someone behind me decided to try to walk the trigger, and he ended up walking it into my head from ten feet. Not fun.) If it was indeed from one of us, believe me it wasn't intentional. In the massive shootouts like that, you throw paint at something down field and hope it connects with someone. I spent ten minutes shooting shillouettes in windows from my belly in a 200 MPH version of "Whack-a-Mole". But from the Cav side, we heard it was a friendly fire incident, and we got that info from a ref.

I also found that if you talked to the refs first before you did somehting, they were usually cool with it. I asked a ref every time before I shot around the corner of the field near the netting down the grinder. Sometimes I was told yes, sometimes no, but each time I asked.

Ok, onto the good stuff. You know what's scary as hell? Seeing the AO guys playing together. Without realising it I almost picked a fight with them. I say almost because the first guy I shot at was someone with them. Then there was this time-out becasue of an ankle blowout. Then I got into this shootout with someone else, and he had a great shot to take me out. I walked out of my position, and I heard "TYGER! That was YOU!?!?" And I look over, and there's ALL of Wang Force. YEEP! It was cool to see some kind of teamwork going on.

The Cav. team had no real organization going. I went to the fort to get what the mission-du-jour was, and I was told "Well, we're not sure." no kidding. We had no 'team' radio frequency, and before noon I had ripped the radio out of my goggles because it was a waste of space. I was not happy with how the team played, and I find it amazing we won. That's honest there. With the total lack of teamwork and communications, It's amazing we could get it together to do anything.

EMR ran the event better than CPX did last year. Air fills beyond 2000 PSI are good. They were sometimes a little overzealous. I was told to get off the field after being hit on the shoulder once, but the ref did say it was a cool crawl regardless. I was often told to leave the field without being given my 1 minute "Medic" time. That bothered me, because it meant I had to walk off the field MANY times. With a bum ankle, this is NOT fun!!!!

Now individually, we had some really COOL plays. I gotta give it up to Darkstorm for pulling the move of the game, IMHO. I'll let him tell it, but man, I can't be mad at him for pulling such a dirty, underhanded, devious move that was so brilliant!!!! You dirty dog! I love it!!!! I wish I knew about the "OK Corral" shootout, I would have liked to see Tom as the last man standing. That would have been REALLY cool.

I was more than frustrated with my inability to move, I did a lot of crawling, because that's what my ankle was up to. Teh lack of information flow was frustrating too. But, you know what? All told, a good time. Two mental midgets are NOT going to ruin a good thing. I talked to Shatner, Mancow, Tom and Glenn. I met a lot of the AO faithful. I shot some good Severe paint. I got shot at by some cool people, and got filmed while telling the AO people "Just ask me to surrender, and I will. I promise." :)

And oh yeah, some face-time for AGD and the meow-man. Alwasy 'fun'... (See below)

-Tyger

(The pic below was published in the Scranton paper on Monday.)

IronKong51
09-04-2003, 08:44 AM
i was having problems with a couple issues this game not to complain cause these things happen when you have so many people on the field at once but these are the things that happens to me.

1. the refs didn’t seem to know some of the rules i know almost every ref at EMR and i know they know how scenarios work but the refs i got seemed not to remember they insisted that i leave the field because i was a medic and another medic healed me (this is allowed under the rules of play for a medic i just cant heal myself) yet i was told to leave while i was still a live player

2,. i have played in over 40 some odd games or so and i have never once been punched for a hot gun my mag was shooting at 260 which by the way is what i crono all my markers to no matter what and with my stabilizer the mags internal reg i should not have spiked to 313 280 299 and as soon as i get off the field i re-crono on the big reds and i come up at 266 260 266 and i remembered to fire 3 shots before i went over the hand crono.

3. yeh i agree about the tank but my problem more to the point was the fact that i was behind a air ball bunker when the tank came towards me guns blazing a ref runs up and said you have to move the tank is coming ( i looked at him and said while they are firing like that not to mention within 15 feet of me he said move now so instead of calling me out i had to get up raise my gun hope to hell they saw it and run for it well that didn’t work i got stitched about 100 times in the back....

3. final battle Glen and i were up on the ridge at the very top next to the tower archway someone from inside the hotel was shooting at us and hitting us ....that’s not the problem the problem is that from that distance through branches and treetop they were shooting straight and hard enough to gave me a bloody welt and glen a third nipple i told the ref he called for someone to check the crono speeds in the hotel and even he was pissed when he didn’t see anyone go in to do this even after calling for a confirmation that they were all shooting at crono speed

the game itself was a blast and i think that hats should be off to all the player, refs and the commanders we did a hell of allot of playing in that 8 hours and i have to tell you guys about this one kid he was maybe like 11 or 12 years old he had a medics kit and he was running from one side of the field to the other through fire fights and tank attack healing our side for almost a good half hour in the speedball field next to our insertion. i asked him were his marker was he said its over there by that bunker and said he was having fun dodging paint and healing people and ran off. if anyone showed what the game was about it was that kid he had guts and that’s what this game is all about... FUN

in any game you are going to have issues and problems i run into them all the time the thing to remember is you cant let those things tack away the fun in the game itself if everyone remembers PAC Man’s rule of play ...make shore the guy you are shooting at is having as much fun as you are ...the game will always be the best you have ever played i play by that rule whenever i walk on the field and if we all do everything will be cool

LIVE long and shoot paint

Darkstorm
09-04-2003, 08:51 AM
Okay Tyger here goes....but there is more to the story than Tyger knows. To me it is funny how "fate" works out in paintball. So it is time to come clean on it all.

It is directly because of Spplat-I is why I know of AO, own an Automag, and met Tyger. I saw him on the field and pulled his tail and said "look a kitty". Now at Spplat-II, I tried to enlist Claire in an "old" scenario trick on Tyger, but I could never get her to do it. But that bad karma would come back to haunt me.

Out on the field, I played the first half of the day on the lines, more in the woods, but mostly front. After that it was infiltration time. I made two passes at the castle. First time I was shot out, but the ref said I was the first one to make it there. On the second pass at the castle is when I found the Stables.

At another MXS event in February, Fandango, I learned the most lax security is at the insertion zone. So, I cut through the tomestones and intended to walk into the castle behind a blue insertion. That is when I noticed there was a flag station at the barn. Knowing that it was close to time for the flag call, I switched the flag to red and checked out who I could shoot near the insertion zone, 30 yrds away. There weren't any blue players down the tape line in the grass, but I noticed that someone had switched the flag back to yellow on their way off field.

I switched it back to Red and guarded it until the flag hang was recorded. Since a crowd was starting to build and the insertion window was soon to open, I switched the flag back to Yellow, walked back to the trees and had a bit of nap until my hopper timer went off to let me know it was flag time again. Same plan, 1 minute before the window, I switch the flag and go check the insertion zone again.

This time a large group of about 20 Blue is walking toward me. I let some long balls fly and everyone just sort of stops and looks at me. Hey why is that guy shooting at us? The first guy in line finally bunkers down and returns fire. So I run maybe 16 or 17 yrds, take a quick walk around the barn and switch the flag back to yellow. Back to the meadow but noone is around.

By this point in time Blue has noticed the Stables flag keeps getting reported RED, but when they check it is YELLOW. I of course realize that someone had to notice by now. On the third go at this I change the flag and guard it. I hear the flag reporting start, but for some reason there is a long delay (bad luck). Just as the flag is to be reported RED a guy shows up to switch it and I, much to his surprise, open up on him. Then I walk around the building when someone opens up on me with an EMag to take me out. Stepping out from behind the van with his EMag is, of course, Tyger.

Note:
I did not say what the "old" trick was, because that way it can be used on Tyger at Spplat-III. :D

Dayspring
09-04-2003, 09:38 AM
I chronoed at 250 but was told on the field that I was shooting 285.

I played for the Calvary.

When I rechronoed though I had actually jumped up about 10 FPS. It could have been the temperature change.

285-250=35fps Math skills are important.

Alot of people here are made at me but if you told me that you guys dont deserve to win. I wouldnt belive it.

I offered to play for next year and was told on the forum that I am not welcome.

We're mad b/c you are making BROAD statements about something you have no idea about. You're putting down people you never even met. You're trying to be a moral guide to people who don't need or want it.

As for you playing next year, be my guest and side with Shatner again. It'll just make for a better target pool & he needs somebody to sit at his camp all day.

If you had eliminations on your own team than obviosuly those guys were cheating and they shouldnt be welcome next year.

If you knew anything about big game/scenario play, you know that friendly fire happens. The Evil Inc. guys ran a terrific campaign and are to be commended for their efforts.

Next year think smart. Take advantage of situations and play fair. Whiping is a joke. Whipers cant win.

You don't say? I'd like to think we played REAL smart. From what Tyger said, there was no team communication. It was all "lets run and shoot people."

This is yet another example of you running your mouth and not having any info to back it up.

BTW- It's WIPE. Check Webster's.

My only legit complaint against the refs was that I had chrono'd 3 times (without leaving the field) on the final battle. I went to chrono in again, the ref hid the chrono number from me, told me I was shooting hot and that I was done for the day.

I had purposely chrono'd low ALL day, including the speedball game to avoid hot shots.

Me thinks that it was shady...

Jeffy-CanCon
09-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Darkstorm:

That was a GREAT story! :D

That's the kind of smart play that makes big games and scenario games so much fun. Very cool.

Tyger:

I can sympathise with your bum ankle, buddy. I popped a kneecap out of place the week before the game, and was very limited by my limp. I couldn't really play like I wanted to, but on the other hand, my doctor didn't want me to play at all. I had to give up the game about 3:00, it was probably the walks on-and-off the field that did me in, too. But I wouldn't have missed it.

Trips
09-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Darkstorm,

Once again you represent the Texas Rangers in the best possible light.

To all I wish to state we regard this gentle giant as one of our most valuable weapons in the Rangers arsenal.

How he is able to sneak around, especially when wearing his trade mark "matching Hawaiian shirts and shorts, is beyond me. The fact he can live forever at the enemies base awaiting an assault so he can torture the base security with his smoke grenades is awe inspiring.

How this man keeps avoiding all those villagers with the torches and pitchforks ....well I digress.

Thanks for living the motto "One Mission, One Ranger" at Shatnerball II.

You really do "Rock the field"

Trips
"Proud Teammate of Darkstorm"
Texas Rangers

RobAGD
09-04-2003, 10:23 PM
I had a blast.

I played way better at Spplat 1 than I did here but I was trying to fill holes in lines, and get things done that needed doing.

Heck I had 7 insertions in 5 minutes when the Cav were around our Insertion Zone :O Ouch

But my only real complaint was the tank rule on 20ft.

I had several crawls runined by a tank rolling by on the way off the field ! They were dead tanks and I still got pulled :( And the way the tanks came out made sure to move as many people out of thier bunkers as they could. Nothing like getting moved or pulled after making a great push because the tank is rolling out.

I have to give the Cav credit for using that lame rule to bust into our base and get the critters.

Only other problem is the ammount of points awarded for the final battle. 500 seems a it high because thats enough to wipe away a full days worth of play on field in the last hour in a speed ball match. Considering both teams had around 1000 points giving up more than half that ammount in one battle seems a little wrong to me but He I play tournies I just have to worry about 1 point per live body, 3 points per dead body, 20 first pull 60 hang :) Easy stuff.

I would like to give a shout out to the Evil Inc Guys for running our forces. Next year we ned to kep the demo guys on a tighter leash. And we need some more field coms.

Wang Force for the giggles and for Happy H for being nice about me lighing him up when I snap shot him in the bushes.

A big fat boo to the kid with the pump gun I put 2 balls on,and he spun and gogged me. BOOOOO on you !

Ill be at SA III

Muhahahaha

-Robert

MXS
09-04-2003, 10:37 PM
The final battle wasn't worth 500 points. I don't know why someone would say that.
The final battle - as announced by JJ on stage prior to the battle - was worth 10 percent of the highest score PRIOR to the final battle.

I just got home and haven't unpacked, and thus don't have the score sheets in front of me. But, I will say the scores prior to the final battle were like 1,159 to 1,515 with the final battle being worth 151 points. There was about 500 points difference between the two teams in the final outcome.
I'll post the correct totals once I locate the sheets.

AOers should be very proud of their efforts in this game. The Raiders/Cyborgs led the entire game up to about 3 p.m. when two things happened: 1) Your livestock was stolen (thus denying you points for two time checks, I believe) and 2) Shatner and Mancow defeated Tom and Glenn in a 100-point poker game. Then there was the final battle which capped the win for the Cavalry/Posse.

This was a MUCH improved team with a better idea of how big games are played than the team I saw last year. The speedball game at the OK Corral was priceless.

This was a truly close game with two very competitive teams.
Well done by everyone!

LaW
09-04-2003, 10:44 PM
I was also a victim of the tank rule, heck I didn't even see or hear the tank coming when all of a sudden it was on its way out and I just heard a ref yelling at me to get off the field. I thought that was crap especially if the tank was not in play still. But other then that I though the fight all day was GREAT!

RobAGD
09-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Mother,

Then that would be my mistake because that is what I had heard at the event after the fact. I stand corrected.

One minor gripe fixed :)

Well one of the reason we did better was the fact we had air and paint !! And we now get the idea that these things called points are good ;) hahaha

BTW - Mega Thanks to Draxxus for sporting up the Inferno for $60 a case thats a great deal and it was some damn good shooting paint. Now if they only could take credit cards I would have bought a 2nd case of paint. I had to make sure I had cash to get home :D

-Robert

Star_Base_CGI
09-05-2003, 07:44 AM
You guys are good sports and ambasadors to paintball.

NOT

AGD ROB
Comment to Starbase_CGI "Nothing will ever be straight in your head, unless you get shot by an arrow." by Guatemala_Bob

You made Tom Kaye look like a fool.

Mckevern
09-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Even if we did make Tom look like a fool, at least we've kissed a girl. Not some card board cut-out of Captain Kirk.

Anyway.

I had a good time. There were some instances that I was a little annoyed with the sportsmanship on both sides.

I applaud the kid that was one of our medics. He had testicular fortitude, and listened to me when I needed to keep him safe. He keep the squad I was a part of in play when we had to hold the wall.

I think the best part for me was when I teamed up with someone and we hiked up the mountain. Yeah we walked into a squad that was walking that perimeter, but we almost walked past them. They were looking at the other two guys that were way behind us.

We got a couple of them, but we got wacked. I was actually a little happy about it because I just didn't have the energy to continue on.

Dayspring
09-05-2003, 09:51 AM
Care to explain that one?

Originally posted by Star_Base_CGI
You guys are good sports and ambasadors to paintball.

NOT

You made Tom Kaye look like a fool.

Pacman
09-05-2003, 10:07 AM
SLasherdan,

Posted by Slasherdan >>>Other than that I did have a fun time. The day was pretty much stacked against us from the beginning though. Pacman and Blue selected Shatner's base and picked the one that was the hardest to assault. <<<

Not True... Whomever told you this is wrong. Fact is We were assigned that base to fit into the story line of the Calvary being in a big fort near the city. Blue nor I DID NOT know of the base assignment prior to it being done. Further we asked Tom Kaye and his XO to switch sides prior to game on, but this did not work TK Wanted to keep the low ground. We did not want to be in the castle, WHY? Well EMR History is this. Prior to Shatnerball 2 NO TEAM HAS EVER WON A SCENARIO GAME FROM """HIGH""" GROUND.

Esh
09-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
We did not want to be in the castle, WHY? Well EMR History is this. Prior to Shatnerball 2 NO TEAM HAS EVER WON A SCENARIO GAME FROM """HIGH""" GROUND.

And if you go by what was happening up till the last moments of the game it was going to repeating itself. Congrats on your win Pacman, if anyone could beat the curse it would be you and your team.

Star_Base_CGI
09-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
SLasherdan,

Posted by Slasherdan >>>Other than that I did have a fun time. The day was pretty much stacked against us from the beginning though. Pacman and Blue selected Shatner's base and picked the one that was the hardest to assault. <<<

Not True... Whomever told you this is wrong. Fact is We were assigned that base to fit into the story line of the Calvary being in a big fort near the city. Blue nor I DID NOT know of the base assignment prior to it being done. Further we asked Tom Kaye and his XO to switch sides prior to game on, but this did not work TK Wanted to keep the low ground. We did not want to be in the castle, WHY? Well EMR History is this. Prior to Shatnerball 2 NO TEAM HAS EVER WON A SCENARIO GAME FROM """HIGH""" GROUND.

WHich is what the refs told me. Had you guys actually come around the back of the fort. You would have gotten Animals, 150-200+ points, Shatner 50 points plus ths shootout differential. That would have given you guys 1300 points and robed us of 250 putting us at 1400.

Instead you insist on attacking me here but there it is in a nut shell.

Shatner cheated boo hoo, We were hungover. Wah.

GO PACMAN.

magman007
09-05-2003, 01:22 PM
CGI no one, atleast on Ao was HUNG OVER ON SUNDAY! get that through your head. Im willing to bet, that your "pub crawlers" were on your team!

Thordic
09-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Pub Crawlers were reffing, apparently. :)

RobAGD
09-05-2003, 01:46 PM
StarBase_CGI -

You are out of your damn mind. Do you even have teh slighest clue about what is going on ?

My Quotes in my sig are MINE I find them funny. They in no way reflect on Tom, The reflect my rather twisted sence of humor.

I repersent AGD at events. I fix guns and help people out reguardless of if they drink or not. I have in 11 years of working for AGD NEVER had a complaint about how I repersent the company.

You still seem to think that someone on AO drank the night before the game. Again no matter how many times you have been told differntly that no one was hung over, and it sure as hell has never been mentioned as to why we might have lost. You seem to make that ASSUMPTION with no first hand knowledge. And you know what happens when you ***uME something ? And in this case your making a tremendously large jack*** of yourself.

The people you camped with the Pub Crawlers (http://www.pubcrawling.org/), now here is a question do you know WTF a Pub Crawl is ? I would hope to god a 34 year old male would know thats when you goto a BAR/PUB drink then hit another BAR/PUB and you do this UNTIL YOUR CRAWLING TO EACH BAR/PUB. Now what the hell do you think a group of guys with a team name of Pub Crawlers would do when they are camping ?

Btw - as I recall the PC'er were REFs not AO'er or Raiders. maybe they were Cav ?

IF you want to try attacking me, I suggest that you bring game with you chum, because no one is going to bring it for you.

Maybe if you had not depended on someone bring game for you at Spplat attack you might have had more fun. I mean if I bring game I am sure as hell not sharing with someone that hides in a fort and fondles his Captin Kirk Plushie doll.

Have a nice day,

-Robert

PS - Do you ever feel you are one of the people that gives trekies a bad name ?

Dayspring
09-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

Now, if you don't call playing on with 2 obvious hits cheating, I don't know what is. Check the pics. Muzikman took them himself.

And BTW- I didn't see you ONCE on the field. So don't get all "This is all you had to do." You come and fight 2-1 odds and then tell me how easy that would be.

And to be honest, we didn't NEED to attack your base. We were sitting pretty with points until 3pm. Why commit forces when the resources we had were MORE than sufficient? Pacman said it himself, he sent guys in to get our animals- over a dozen. They came back with 6. Where do you think the rest of them were?

Get it through your thick red-belt skull.

You had VERY high hopes for this weekend. Didn't happen.

You had a problem with the Pub Crawlers. Fine. NOT with AO. All the people you are badmouthing were at hotels. And who are YOU to lecture us?

Originally posted by Star_Base_CGI

WHich is what the refs told me. Had you guys actually come around the back of the fort. You would have gotten Animals, 150-200+ points, Shatner 50 points plus ths shootout differential. That would have given you guys 1300 points and robed us of 250 putting us at 1400.

Instead you insist on attacking me here but there it is in a nut shell.

Shatner cheated boo hoo, We were hungover. Wah.

GO PACMAN.

Tyger
09-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Dudes....

Decaf.

And I was the guy getting a hard time for playing 'angry'.... (Which I wasn't...) Guys, seriously, chill. It's over and done, until next year. We'll pick this up next year, eh?

-Tyger

Darkstorm
09-05-2003, 03:09 PM
Hey Guys....Tyger is right. Group hug time and ignore the comments you don't like and they go away. Someone is ALWAYS hung up about something after a game.

When it comes to the PUB CRAWLERS....it was this Texas Ranger and the BushWhackers that gave them one amazing meal the night before the game. And from what I saw on Sunday, they deserved it. The REF's were GREAT.

As much as I would like to play with the Pub Crawlers next year. I hope it is them reffing again.

Darkstorm

RobAGD
09-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Tyger,

The problem is Star BAse cant seem to understand he is bad mouthing people and he is wrong on what he is talking about. Thats the problem here. It would have died a while ago if he would keep insisting that the AO player were "hung over" sunday.

Well will see if his 3 day vacation settles him down some.

-Robert

*NRG*MIKE
09-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

Pacman said it himself, he sent guys in to get our animals- over a dozen. They came back with 6. Where do you think the rest of them were?

I think Packman was just busting the Gillie-head-Sheep-Lover. We really only took 6 sheep. Thing is, Erik (We now call him "Mary"), put them in his pants! Pacman got a kick out of this and called him a little "FREAK". But the point still remains... We took your sheep Dude!

*NRG*MIKE

Muzikman
09-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by *NRG*MIKE

But the point still remains... We took your sheep Dude!

*NRG*MIKE

And I don't wanna know what you did with them ;)

Flounder
09-05-2003, 06:41 PM
As for the 20 foot rule for the tanks was insurance policy. Sorry but would you rather be ran over by a tank ecpecially one our size, or be hit in the back with a paintball?
I for one will pick the paintball. Sorry to say it but that is the rules even for a dead tank. I was the ref for the "BuzzKill" tank. I was yelling for your protection.
Also it was stated the the Tanks had right of way during the game.

PS I was stitched in the back 10 feet away by a player who was being chronoed. I will choose that any time. :rolleyes:

Wickster
09-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Just a thought....

Isn't having the OWNER of the field playing for one of the teams (and the person paying refs) a conflict of interest?

Pacman
09-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Wickster,

MY Answer to your question is this.

Call him and ASK?

Mike "Blue" Hanse 570-465-9622

PS: You'll prolly have to search for as many years as Blue has been playing paintball (20 Years) To find anyone to have anything bad to say about the man.

Myself I have known Blue since '96' Great Guy and Honest to the bone.

Last thought. I had a great time at the event. After this last post on people wanting to make excuses then knock your lights out. I won't be reading or posting to this thread any more. Got more positive things to do.

Flounder
09-06-2003, 08:23 AM
I can say for myself that I reffed for free. I volunteered my time to help him out! I am sure that the other home teams also did. So before you post anything do your research first.

A-Men PacMan! I agree with you.

Wickster
09-06-2003, 09:21 AM
I don't believe that I need to "research" before I post a question. I still think my question is valid. I did not accuse anyone of anything. However, it would certainly seem to me that the owner of a field should not be playing in an event at his field if for no other reason than the appearance of impropriety.

Strider
09-06-2003, 11:08 AM
No, it's not a conflict of interest. :rolleyes:

*NRG*MIKE
09-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Dude, Have you met Blue? Do you know ANYTHING about him? Check into your facts, Pacman was right to post and LEAVE this thread. What you are insinuating is like an attack on Blue. Blue is the most honest, straight forward, helpful Paintballer I have EVER had the privlege to meet. He ain't like that... He would never do ANYTHING to stack a game. On the contrary,he will go out of his way to help anyone. He is a TOTAL Upstanding player. Go to his field and meet him. He will spend time with you, no matter WHO you are. And treat you as a friend, He is the REAL DEAL... 'Nuff said..

*NRG*MIKE

Lawrence TB Wright
09-06-2003, 06:00 PM
OK, guys. I think this has gone far enough. I'll address quite a few of these issues and that will be that. I'll be locking this thread since it seems to have become a thread of whining and such.

First and foremost, this was a charity game. While winning is a great goal, and believe me I like to win, the main purpose of the game was for charity. And I want to thank you all for your help in a great cause. Now I want to think about this one very carefully, there have been games at other fields that were larger, had more problems and the field owners got all the money. Blue didn't make the killing at the field for the game because of the charity factor. Take into the fact the he has been in the industry for over 20 years, field owner, promoter, paint, you name it he has done it. He put together the first paintball museum and he worked his butt off on that field for you players to come and have a good time. So is he being a side a conflict of interest? Not really, the scores of the game are available. Did you ask to see them? Did you ask the promoters, 'Hey how did that happen?' No, then I suggest you stop speculating. Anytime I have had an issue with a game or a score, the first person I go talk to is the promoter to get the scoop. I suggest you do the same. Get you facts straight before you start slamming people.

If any of you went to the first SPPLAT game, you have to admit this one ran better then that. I am sure that SPPLAT III will be even better. I just love how all you guys became 'experts' because you played some charity big game. That may be harsh, but I don't think some of you have the slightest clue what it takes to put a game on much less one with the numbers of people that were there. Each of you got a laminated badge; ever wonder how those get done? Missions, radios, those cool maps, jerseys and even more important paint and vendors set ups and coordination. All you did was pay your money, show up and play the game. Did you have fun? Did those small instances of whatever you feel like hurt your fun cause your whole weekend to be messed up? If it did, then I am truly sorry for you. People cheat, I won't say they don't but perception isn't reality. I can guarantee that the refs were not there to make sure you didn't have fun. You know unlike tournaments, the refs aren't paid. They do it for the love of the sport, they do it to help the field owner out, they do it because they didn't have the cash to play but still wanted to be part of the event. So before you start assuming that refs didn't care, you should think about that.

As for the chronoing, the paint, and the whole host of other issues that some of you cried about, just get over it. Tom and Glenn did a superb job. They really took it to Bill and Mancow. They did it with teamwork and the knowledge of scenario players. It was something that lacked last year. I scored 250 points by walking through the lines with a red federation jersey escorted by Borg and Klingons with the props under my jersey. I ran a mission all by myself with no marker. That is scenario paintball, which is what some of you guys don't get. You have to think outside of the box, you have to think of unconventional ways to do things, you just have to think. I am sure that next year, Tom will get other players and teams, and Shatner will go down. No one stays on top forever, and when it does I hope.....No I know, that the players on his side will say good game and move on. Start planning for next year guys, get your plans together. Get organized, play some scenario games, read the magazines and you'll see the world of opportunity opening.
I hope that I didn't upset any of you with this post, but I am not about to let this get to the point that some of the D-Day posts did. If you have any questions about the game email them to the promoters and game directors.

jj@spplat.com
mother@mxsportz.com and Pacman gave you Blue's information.