PDA

View Full Version : New Freak Inserts

pputkowski
09-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Got an e-mail from pbgear today, check these out fellas:
SS Freak Inserts (http://www.actionvillage.com/012-6799-1.html). Whatcha think?

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1757_404577983

ezrunner
09-02-2003, 05:06 PM
They should be better fits. As is my freak kit has numbers on the inserts but they are nowhere near close to reality. I fit to the insert, not to the number.

Since stainless doesn't have to be annodized these should be more consistent and shoot just as good or better.

Now if they'd drop their lawsuit I'd buy new inserts.

-rob

-=Squid=-
09-02-2003, 05:13 PM
I got that email too...I would consider buying them if I had some money...I dont really care about this lawsuit...erm, well, technically there isnt even a lawsuit yet :rolleyes: But I still dont care. It wont change a damn thing. Everyone better gear up for the flame war.

Ov3rmind
09-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Plus, now they wont bend when caught in a strong wind.

adam shannon
09-02-2003, 05:30 PM
no, now they can sue equation claiming they invented ss inserts.

Lohman446
09-02-2003, 05:32 PM
This addresses one of the issues I had against buying a freak kit - durability. Now if tolerances are close...

Oh wait, they still don't look or sound as cool as an Evil pipe kit

vamicromagger
09-02-2003, 05:37 PM
I got that email too! I wonder if they are the same sizes as the original inserts?

-=Squid=-
09-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by vamicromagger
I got that email too! I wonder if they are the same sizes as the original inserts?

yes

adam shannon
09-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by vamicromagger

i was wondering that too. they look longer to my eye...plus the hype is that they "are as long or longer than any other inserts or barrel backs". i wouldnt doubt that they are longer just to make you have to buy a new back for them to fit...especially since the scepter has the longest inserts...after all if they are as long or longer than the competition they would have to be longer than the scepters inserts. smart parts wouldnt lie in their advertising! im still waiting to see that legendary closed bolt accuracy from the 03 shockers.

trev_pbller
09-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey, you know what, all stainless steel, wasnt that AGD's idea in the first place :D hrmmmm....just kidding guys, I got this email too, maybe it will hold up a bit better than the other kit. Too bad, I already got an all aluminum scepter comin....

Trev

Angry Man
09-02-2003, 06:51 PM
They look awesome. Bendability was the real issue with freak inserts, as mine all matched up with their written sizes fine. I believe the largest insert in these kits is a .697 or something and the smallest one no longer exists, btw.

f3rr3+
09-02-2003, 07:00 PM
wont they be heavy as fu... crud :rolleyes: now?

Angry Man
09-02-2003, 07:19 PM
If you'd ever seen a freak kit which obviously you haven't you'd realize how thin the inserts are. It's the difference between way less than an ounce and slightly more than way less than an ounce. Totally nominal difference in weight because of the small size.

vamicromagger
09-02-2003, 08:05 PM
I was talking about bore in my first post, looking back I can see how I worded it bad. I think they would be the same length as the others so they will fit backs that are out there now.

logamus
09-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by adam shannon
no, now they can sue equation claiming they invented ss inserts.

hahahahaha

-=Squid=-
09-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Of course, I never have problems with my Al inserts ;)

RRfireblade
09-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Of course, I never have problems with my Al inserts ;)

Maui PFB
09-03-2003, 12:02 AM
HMMMMMM Me think they will try and patent (Steel) NEXT. Maybe the plastic case they came in. Then the computers that all of you are using to view these hollow tubes that people pay way to much for, when 689 has prettymuch always been and will always be the size of choice.

Sorry I got a little carried away.

Albinonewt
09-03-2003, 07:53 AM
They look nice, but I have my scepter now and I'm quite happy with it. Also Empire has an ok set of inserts too, so SP needs to get a little more competitive with their inserts.

Wc Keep
09-03-2003, 10:37 AM
i love my freak. ive never had a problem with my freak. i really dont care much for what smart parts does on the side, they make good products. heck i just picked up an impulse and i know im going to love it. only reason i would get these inserts is if i were to lose one of mine because i have a higher chance of doing that than actually bending one.

JEDI
09-03-2003, 10:48 AM
I've never had a problem with my freak. Never bent an insert. Do you guys let your dog chew on 'em or something? You have no business with a $900+ gun, if you can't look after a small peice of aluminum tubing. What more do you need than a hard plastic case?

GT
09-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by JEDI
I've never had a problem with my freak. Never bent an insert. Do you guys let your dog chew on 'em or something? You have no business with a $900+ gun, if you can't look after a small peice of aluminum tubing. What more do you need than a hard plastic case?

My problem wasnt with the inserts rather the tips. After extended use the porting holes began to chip away from the inside out.

Sorry but for the price I expect more. Got a scetper now and its teflon coated, 3 shots and she is clean.

jb

SIGSays
09-03-2003, 03:49 PM
my freak works great... i have no complaints.. except one... why the hell won't my tag tip fit on my ss back.. lol

i am considering buy these inserts if i can find someone to trade with.. like my alu's + cash or something

SyntaxError
09-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Kind of off topic... Anyone have an Angel freak back they want to sell me for less than $30? I got the rest of the kit for free, and now have the option of buying a used back or getting a new one for $30.

PM me if anyone's got one for sale.

f3rr3+
09-03-2003, 05:38 PM
i didnt mean just because of the inserts, so far they have come out with ss backs ss inserts and what next ss front, the whole barrel will be ss, and much heavier then before, as far as barrels go at least...

RRfireblade
09-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

My problem wasnt with the inserts rather the tips. After extended use the porting holes began to chip away from the inside out.

Sorry but for the price I expect more. Got a scetper now and its teflon coated, 3 shots and she is clean.

jb

That's amazing. I've got freak tips so old that the anno is almost completely worn off the outside and they still look great on the inside.I'd say that's quite a fluke.Now I've seen 3 different Pipes that cracked between the porting so they might have a problem there.Anyways,still like my Freaks but I think I like my Equation better(SS inserts and EQ3 Coating slicker than Teflon.:D )but only 'cause it's a 1 piece w/ inserts and I'm just tired of dealing with tips and all that extra porting.

Jay.