PDA

View Full Version : Electronic EPIC

AngelBoy
09-02-2003, 07:51 PM
I know they were looking at getting an E-trigger on the EPIC, but I havent been able to find anything recent about it. Anyone know if they are still working on this, or even if the company still exists? They never update their site:rolleyes:

AngelBoy
09-03-2003, 02:53 PM
OK, somebody has to know SOMEthing....

magman007
09-03-2003, 03:14 PM
now im sure the epic is nice.... but really, i suggest if your gunna run a boltless gun, i reccomend the alien

its electro, and its fast, and the door, is nice and liight

AngelBoy
09-03-2003, 03:18 PM
The only problem with the EPIC was speed, but if its gonna be electronic now then that solves it. Ive got a video of someone shooting it with an electro frame, its pretty nice.

thei3ug
09-03-2003, 08:49 PM
an electronic trigger isn't gunna solve those speed problems, bub. It's gunna need help in the valving department as well.

But maybe they'll fix that too...

AngelBoy
09-03-2003, 08:52 PM
It was definately cycling fast on the video, if thats what you mean. But I guess shootdown would have to factor in. I dont shoot that fast anyway, but I hate the length and weight of mech. triggers.

Spartan X
09-22-2003, 01:24 PM
I have been following the e-epic for about 1 year now. Last month when I talked to Jim, he said the basics of the gun is basically done, they have it shooting 22 bps consistantly, and they are now in the proses of re-disigning the body, and packing the electronics in. I expect that the final prototypes should be finished late in the year.

To hold out on the wait, I'm now buying a Mech version epic that I found at a pretty good price, I'll use it as a back up to my viking or just as a loaner, and maybe find a way to put a 12 gram adaptor were the fore grip is...so I can convert it to stock class.

wobbles82
09-22-2003, 03:18 PM
Its guns like these guys that seem to attract attention, if they can get that tiny arse marker to do 22bps consistently, and be ok on air..sounds a bit like a Matrix or something to me. But point is remember how the Matrix was treated before people figured it out a bit? Same with the Viking..and the Timmy...oh and that thing called a mag. Somebody should keep us filled in on this marker, seems interesting...and the Alien..peh..I laugh at that thing, the concept in paintball is innovation and potential of something, not self destruction on release, lol. :p