PDA

View Full Version : Who's afraid of the big, bad pumpers?

Burphel
09-03-2003, 10:39 AM
Found out this weekend that there's still a major shortage of attackers for the fall Castle Conquest at EMR. The defenders, pump-toters all, have been pre-registered for at least a month and there's a waiting list.

Geeze, what's the matter? We're just a bunch of guys with pumps. Are y'all afraid of our massive 8bps on autotrigger? Is the ziploc baggie worth of paint tubed up in the stock harness intimidating? Worried about getting lit up by a PGP?

From the ramparts of Castle Aaargh, I vent my 12g in your general direction! Your mother was a Stingray and your father smelt of Proball! Now register, you silly semi-toting t-wibbies or I shall taunt you a second time!

Muwahahahahahaha!

amhildreth
09-03-2003, 11:21 AM
what's this you say Burphel? A shortage of electro-coddling, HPA-sucking, paint-wasting, one case-one kill-no skill, pod-fumbling semi shooters that actually have the gumption to take on a building full of grumpy old vets who take the time to AIM at what they're shooting at? Well, we could always have a few of us help them out, but, I don't think we could find enough dresses and matching handbags with the words "Owned" stitched on them by the time the game starts. Maybe they should try bunkering a few more 10 year-olds with Stingrays to feel manly enough for the challenge....

Spaceman613
09-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Autotrigger? I aint gonna use that, might be too much for the "toters."

I MIGHT take an extra tube on the field, but thats a maybe...

Interceptor
09-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Funny you should mention that, I've actually watched that happen at a tournement.

I think they just can't handle the fact that we don't need a full case to play the weekend, and it SCARES THE HECK OUT OF THEM!!!!

Come out come out where ever you are ya bunch a carple tunnel trigger finger, trigger fanning, all looks no game playing, girly men!!! Are you actaully going to let us get away with this? Are you going to be able to look all of your electro buddies in the eye and say that you got punked out by a bunch of pump players???

worrptangl
09-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Well this goes to show u that when it comes down to comeradery between players. Pump/Stock class players got it. we are all ready and willing to show everybody how its done. We dont care what u shot as long as it is a pump. but when the semi players get together they are to busy picking on the noobs and busting everyone elses equipment, and trying to look like big shots and playing against the noobs and wiping the flooor with them and then bragging about it. H_ll we go out and help the noobs. So it just goes to show u that the semi players cant just join together to to play us because well they are sissies, and they are just sitting at home laughing about how the semi players are gonna win. Well guess what while all u semi punks out there are just talking ur hurting the attackers. We need more targets to shoot at. they are a fraid that we are all gonna kick they butts. Which is whats gonna happen.

So come on and sign up for the attackers. Back up that smack u all have been talking for years. Come and try to kick our butts.

We dare u!!!!!!!
We double dare u!!!!!
We triple dog dare u!!!!!!!!!

So what are u waiting for? Chickens.........

Interceptor
09-03-2003, 03:40 PM
sniff sniff... I think I smell... sniff sniff... yep, CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :D

Spaceman613
09-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Nope, it was a burrito (fans away from desk)...

I think this should be moved to the main forum

Burphel
09-03-2003, 04:04 PM
sniff sniff... I think I smell... sniff sniff... yep, CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny, it smells like fear to me...

Fred
09-03-2003, 06:56 PM
this didn't work too well when I tried it a few weeks ago in the main forum... but sure, lets try again...

BRING IT! :D

---Fred

Esh
09-03-2003, 08:57 PM
From the sounds of things, it should be the pump players attacking and the semis defending. The only reason I would want to go is to play on the pump side but alas there are to many pumps as it is now for the number of semis.

comovartia
09-04-2003, 09:18 AM
Remember. These guys need 1 case for 1 kill on those poor newbies. They probably figure they'll need 3 or 4 casses for each one of us. Probably to much money for them after spending $2000.00 and up on their toys that they don't even know how to use.
Not to mention that it is also a lot of money to spend to sit in the dead box all day long.:p
Maybe if they spent less time dry fireing their guns in the stagging area and actualy developed some skill they would come down and take us on. This was, after all supposed to be the fastest the castle would be taken acording to most of the semi boards.:confused:
Oh well. Since as of right now most of the attackers are pumpers that could not get in on the defense maybe the attackers might have a chance.:D
For those of you brave enough to step up to the challange, see you from the castle walls. :p

Comovartia :cool:

Jeffy-CanCon
09-04-2003, 11:03 AM
I'm in there, baby. Reserved our club's spots with Blue back in May. :) We're bringing 15 guys with an average of seven years experience each. Looking to whack some electro-toting youngsters.

But I don't blame the youngsters for not coming out. Really, there is no way to win. Oh, they will probably take the Castle, but not fast enough to beat the record. And anything else would be embarrassing, wouldn't it?

With odds of 3 or 4 -to-1, and double or triple the ROF per player, anything less than a new record will be a defeat. And what's the old record? 48minutes? Not a chance.

goat
09-04-2003, 01:33 PM
I have a feeling we (the defenders) are gonna be showing the world what is possible with "Limited paint/Unlimited skill".
I just hope enough people have the guts to sign up to attack as a 4 to 1 ratio, I want nothing taken away from what we accomplish that day.
see you inside,
goat

Interceptor
09-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Burphel

That's funny, it smells like fear to me...

Fear smells alot like chicken...:D

Pyrate Jim
09-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Y'know, I've been all over more than a dozen internet paintball boards, and I can't find any attackers even bringing it up. I can't even come up with a name for the attacking General.

It looks like the pump players will have to amuse themselves this Fall. Maybe a game of "the Quick and the Dead" while we wait for the semi's to show up.
At this point, I'm willing to bet a bag of paint that there's gonna be more pump markers at the game than semi's.
Mainly 'cause pump players tend to be collectors, and semi players spend it all on whatever is newest and shiniest- so there will be defenders with five or more markers, and attackers with one high-priced toy, no back-up and dead batteries.
(That's an idea! First man there buy all the batteries Blue has--the attackers will be sh*t outa luck!)
:D

comovartia
09-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Yea but what do we do with all those batteries? Our guns don't take them.
Oh wait. My camera will probably take all of them to take a few pictures.

Hoplon
09-05-2003, 06:31 PM
I'd show up with my pump and join the attacking side, just to be a rebel.

Quickling
09-05-2003, 08:51 PM
(That's an idea! First man there buy all the batteries Blue has--the attackers will be sh*t outa luck!)

HAHAHAHAHA that is the funniest and evilest thing I have heard.

Maybe I should find a way to make my PGP and electro trigger... pumper just so we can use of the those batteries.

Or.. an even better way to bring the little noobs outta hiding when the game starts. Lets put all the batteries in a huge pile inside the castle and see how many can run in a grab a few.

Or heck we could have even more fun if we put them outside the enterance :)

Pyrate Jim
09-06-2003, 08:47 AM
The attackers now have a General.(or so I hear)

Colin, from team Pub Crawlers will be leading the attackers. This oughta be good. They're probably gonna get up late and all hung-over. :p

I guess it's one step up from handing the role to a newbie with rental equipment and no clue about what he's up against.

LedZep582
09-07-2003, 03:12 PM
wish i pre reigisterd :( ah well, next year or another scenario ill be up on those ramparts with you guys, show you old guns how a youngun does things;)

KingmanSpyderTL
09-08-2003, 02:51 PM
I'll probably be going with some of my friends to this, because GTA at Skirmish got cancelled.:( . We will be on the attacking team. Man you guys think that anybody that shoots a Semi pb gun is a newbie? Maybe its the fact that we don't feel like carrying around 100 8rd tubes, and we don't wanna refill our air every 40 shots? Maybe when I actually get shot by a pump player I will chnage my mind about you guys. GL at the game.

Spaceman613
09-08-2003, 03:02 PM
HEY, they are TEN round tubes, and its 45 shots per 12 gram thank you!!

Or Ill put out my 'tech and layeth the smack down.

Interceptor
09-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by KingmanSpyderTL
I'll probably be going with some of my friends to this, because GTA at Skirmish got cancelled.:( . We will be on the attacking team. Man you guys think that anybody that shoots a Semi pb gun is a newbie? Maybe its the fact that we don't feel like carrying around 100 8rd tubes, and we don't wanna refill our air every 40 shots? Maybe when I actually get shot by a pump player I will chnage my mind about you guys. GL at the game.

Bargained well, and done. You are a credit to your people for taking up the challenge. We will try to give you a sporting chance so you don't spend too much time in the dead zone! :D

KingmanSpyderTL
09-09-2003, 03:44 PM
yea, I don't plan on it ;)

Interceptor
09-09-2003, 08:37 PM
I like this guy, he has heart. :D

Burphel
09-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Hell, he might make a good pumper if he can give up his firepower crutch :D.

You really should give it a try while you're out for the weekend, Kingman. We'll have plenty of loaners. You'd be suprised how liberating it is to leave behind the 20lbs of gear you carry to feed your semi.

It's like coming home and putting on flannel boxers after being cramped up in tighty-whiteys all day :cool:.

KingmanSpyderTL
09-10-2003, 02:50 PM
well, I don't have any 20 bps, gun I just got the autococker in my sig. And I don't shoot cases upon cases of paint. Most i've ever shot was 1500, and that was ALL day. I'm thinking I will just buy a case of paint, give you pump guys a little chace ;)

kevdupuis
09-10-2003, 03:01 PM
I have another game on the 27th, but I am planning on coming back down for the spring castle to defend.
I'll be bringing my old Ram 68 again, as I had too much fun doing a mini castle back on the long weekend.

Jeffy-CanCon
09-10-2003, 03:12 PM
It'll be good to see you again, Kev.

Tyger
09-11-2003, 01:13 AM
Rumor has it Tyger can't defend due to his AGD sponsorship.

:) Hi Jim! You can stop the cardiac now. :)

See 'yall in there. Warp Feed on a pump. THIS oughtta be good! :)

-Tyger (Tom? Seriously... you're cool with the pump thing, right?)

Burphel
09-11-2003, 04:38 AM
Hmm, anybody got a set of Mag Pumps the want to lend me and Rob for the weekend?

Quickling
09-11-2003, 08:18 AM
aawww... the big bad semis are scared of a large crowd of PGP wielding roomsweepers? I mean just take a long at my sig and see how ugly my PGPs are compared to your shiney new trix... surely your bright ray of color will smash my little ugly antique....right?:rolleyes:

Pyrate Jim
09-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Tyger
Rumor has it Tyger can't defend due to his AGD sponsorship.

Say it ain't so! I would be very disappointed If I were not able to play on the same team in this game.

Any other defenders here get in on the flag thing?
Ladymarshal had a group order for battle flags. There's gonna be at least twenty different flags and banners flying from the ramparts.
All defenders should create a battle flag, banner or standard to hang from the castle walls. Grab an old sheet and some paint and use your imagination.
We'll have screws and stapleguns to hang 'em up. We want the opposition to know who they're up against.

Quickling
09-12-2003, 11:28 AM
cool... can we have one flag or two? Only reason I ask is I would fly my schools paintball club flag and one of my own if i could.. and if not.. well Im sure mine is cuter :)

c2l1k
09-12-2003, 03:23 PM
any of you guys ever think that all of your trash talking might scare small children away?(AKA: "electro-toting newbies")

Anyway.. i since AO doesn't have a pump forum, i thought posting here would be the best way to get the attention of most of the pump players.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm going from Angel IR3 to Pump! never used one before, but i've already sold the angel and am in the process of ordering a phantom. wish i could join you guys, but i seem a bit late. GL.
-Chris

PS- and just to dispell the thought before it starts, i'm not a newbie who uses a case per kill. most i've used per day was about 850 (in 7 hours). i've been playing for over three years.

titan aresta
09-12-2003, 07:47 PM
Tyger, if need be, I'll bring you my pump-mag. Just say the word.

Tyger
09-12-2003, 07:57 PM
You know...

This is going ot be the LARGEST collection of pump guns in play at the same time since the 1991 Masters.

It's also going to be prbably the WEIRDEST collection of pump guns ever assembled in one place..... EVER!

-Tyger

Burphel
09-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Come to think of it, Tyger, any chance I can borrow your 6 pack. I'm figuring on running mod/stock, and it probably wouldn't hurt Tom's feelings for me to have some sort of AGD gear bolted on to my Lapco. That and I just want to try one.

Interceptor
09-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by c2l1k
any of you guys ever think that all of your trash talking might scare small children away?(AKA: "electro-toting newbies")

Anyway.. i since AO doesn't have a pump forum, i thought posting here would be the best way to get the attention of most of the pump players.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm going from Angel IR3 to Pump! never used one before, but i've already sold the angel and am in the process of ordering a phantom. wish i could join you guys, but i seem a bit late. GL.
-Chris

PS- and just to dispell the thought before it starts, i'm not a newbie who uses a case per kill. most i've used per day was about 850 (in 7 hours). i've been playing for over three years.

I just got a Phantom VSC recently, and today was the first real play time for it. One word, AWESOME!!!!!! I suggest getting a 30mm red dot for it, you can hammer nails with it. Deffinately worth the investment.

Burphel
09-13-2003, 06:53 PM

Welcome to the family. I traded my B2K for a Phantom a year and a half ago and have never regretted it. I can almost guarentee you'll get your butt kicked your first few games. Stick with it and you'll find your skills stepping up to the task to compensate for your lack of firepower.

I'm always telling people to try playing pump only regardless of your opposition for 6 months. It will improve your game. If you want to go back to semi only after that, I'm willing to bet you'll still be glad that you gave it half a year.

Since AO doesn't have a pump forum, check out:
Pump Players Internet Guild (http://munkies.net/ppig/)
Phantom Owner's Group (http://pub15.ezboard.com/bphantomphorum75007)
StockClassPaintball.com (http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball)

Actually, you'll find that for the most part we aren't as fundamentalist as the posts here would suggest. We're just trying to drum up some opposition so Castle will be a fair fight. The only real beef the community seems to share is against the type of people who discount the value of playing anything other than semi-auto speedball.

Tyger
09-13-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Burphel
Come to think of it, Tyger, any chance I can borrow your 6 pack.

Sure, I'll bring it. It's set up for my Piranha right now, but that's easy to fix. I'll have hte Micro CA2 on my Phantom SC for Saturday.

But come Sunday, I'm the cover guy.

http://www.tyger.us/pubimages/Pneuphantom.jpg

It should be in my grubby little paws by Castle. Hee hee hee hee hee..... :cool:

It's a warp! IT's an AGD product!!!! That's my story, I'm sticking to it....

-Tyger

Burphel
09-13-2003, 10:29 PM
Actually, Tyg, the one thing that's missing is using a match-anno'd Phantom stock feed tube as a hardline Warp hose. I was checking it out for my Emag and it fits perfectly in the Warp without the adapter and will fit the upper adapter with o-rings. After I'm back from my little PB summer vacation (Fallout in Reno+Castle) I'm figuring on doing this since I always seem to use my Warp hose as a foregrip. It'd make takedown a bit more complex, but should up the 'sexy gun' factor.

Oh, and I appreciate the use of the 6-pack. I just can't do cover fire with a pump, even my PA, so I'm just going to stick with what I do best (sneaky bastard). But I really should have some sort of AGD gear on my person.

Oh, and Nero's working on a little project that'll save us from this problem in the future. I'm tentatively calling it the Emag Luddite Mod :cool:.

It's a 6-Pack! It's an AGD product!!!! That's my story, I'm sticking to it....

Neo-Gp
09-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Geeze, what's the matter? We're just a bunch of guys with pumps. Are y'all afraid of our massive 8bps on autotrigger? Is the ziploc baggie worth of paint tubed up in the stock harness intimidating? Worried about getting lit up by a PGP?

Scared..HAHA the only thing Im scared of is slipping and twisting my ankle in the mud again. If it aint raining I got my sites on ya there fella. and im bringing a few friends with me....

I did miss the pre-reg deadline.I was away. for a little while. I am back now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Pyrate Jim
09-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Glad to hear you're bringing friends!
From the grapevine, the ranks are swelling on the attacking side.

But I've also heard that there will be a mixed game after lunch that will offer the stock/pump players a chance to attack the Castle.
whistle blows Times Up! Switch sides!
:p

Neo-Gp
09-17-2003, 09:28 PM
That sounds real sweet..Im glad the hurricane is coming this weekend...I really hated that frikin rain we had in may..I got all my crap all ready going out this sunday for some warm up....Mark ya there :-)

Tyger
09-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Hi gang.

Look, I already feel about 2 inches tall here, and I haven't been able to sleep over this. So I'm just gonna put it out there.

I can't make it to Castle 16. It's simply a money issue. Shatnerball was almost a $900 roadtrip between me and the wife, and that tapped me pretty much dry. That's living in a hotel for 5 days, eating out constantly, gas money, and all that. And I'm tapped. I tried to sell stuff on E-Bay, and I didn't even come close to making enough for a hotel room for a night.

I feel awful right now, but I really do not see $700 or so falling into my lap in the next 48 hours, which is what I'd need to have happen in order for this roadtrip to happen.

As a result, I need to get an address so I can send the CCI banner to someone who will be going to Castle. I promised Mike I'd get his banner on the ramparts somewhere. I'd also like someone to e-mail me (link below) who might be intrested in writing up the story about CC 16 for PGI. If you're intrested, mail me.

I already feel awful having to cancel out, but I can't do it. To everyone, I appologise, I wanted to get to Castle and spank the semi guys with you all, but the bottom fell out and there's nothing I can really do about it. I'm sorry about that.

-Tyger

Spaceman613
09-18-2003, 11:50 AM
Whew... I thought we were going to have to put up with Tyger.

Just kidding.

Might want to talk to Jason Klatt from Bunkerboyz for the article, he does some lil stuff for (gasp) apg, at least he writes.

Send Bunkerboyz the banner, Dan and I will make sure the banner gets on the walls. I have a couple of flags being printed right now for us anyway.

and on a side note... what were ya selling? tinkering toys? oldschool goodness? broke-ast guns? I want a list

Tyger
09-18-2003, 12:48 PM
Not much.

Autograohed copy of the "Compete guide to Paintball", a jersye shirt, advantage pants, 2 packs (Redz and MAntis) and an ICS vest that didn't make the reserve. I think it topped at $38 or something. I know it's worth more than that.

I thought of selling my Piranhas or my Bushmaster too, but it's like selling your house to pay property taxes.

-Tyger

Spaceman613
09-18-2003, 12:50 PM
mmmmmmmmm bushmaster

but i know that feeling, im selling 2 or 3 of mine. impulse, tribal, and maybe a twister cocker

but ill prolly pick up a carter, phantom, and another sniper with the money

Jeffy-CanCon
09-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Too bad, Rob.

kevdupuis
09-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Sorry to hear that. But, like me maybe you'll be up for the spring castle.:D

Ghilliesuit
09-20-2003, 12:12 PM
I got more balls than ne1 here.. Ill use a talon... i would use a blade but that even has autotrigger ... ill still win...

Pyrate Jim
09-20-2003, 09:10 PM
We'll be having some top-gun games on Sunday, so you'll have your chance to prove it.