PDA

View Full Version : SIGSays needs your help! QUICK!

SIGSays
09-03-2003, 02:39 PM
ahh look at my arm.. damn poison... i dunno what kind.. i tried it all and i didn't scratch it... some people say clear nail polish and some people say windex.. what should i do? it gets worse by the minute so please help!

beam
09-03-2003, 02:49 PM
I would say just water, and see a doctor.

SIGSays
09-03-2003, 03:00 PM
put water on it? i thought the thing was to keep it as dry as possible

pbguy888
09-03-2003, 03:17 PM
call your posin controll center as fast as possible. Should be on like first page of your phone book.

magman007
09-03-2003, 03:19 PM
you dont know what posion you got on your self???????

FalconGuy016
09-03-2003, 03:20 PM
From outside? or some chemical?

beam
09-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Usually, you can't go wrong rinsing it off in water. If it is poison Ivy, it is an oil. Water will rinse some of the oil off, but you want to be careful using soap. It can remove your body's natural oils which actually help to lessen the rash/itch.

But all of that is moot because just looking at the pic, it looks like you have the flesh-eating bacteria, not a rash from poison.

Brak
09-03-2003, 03:37 PM
go see a doctor. i had something kinda like that. it was bumps on my knee, and i scratched and the same looking liquid as is on your arm came out all over the place. turns out it was a pretty bad skin infection. just go to the doctor and make sure its ok, worst comes to worst you gotta take antibiotics for a week.

SIGSays
09-03-2003, 03:40 PM
it's from outside.. not some chemical.. i have no idea what it is.. it was just bumps and i thought it was a bug bite.. so i scratched it.. then it came out like this... it's so nasty... so check with a doctor?

TigerMan
09-03-2003, 05:13 PM
That may be a spider bite. Do you see any marks left that look like spider fangs that bit you? A brown recluse bite can do that sort of thing like your skin, it make its ooze and it kills the muscle around it. Do a web search on brown recluses and see if there known to be in your state. It could very well be one. Definately get it checked out if you think it may be a spider bite, because if it's a brown recluse, it can be deadly. There one of two spiders in the U.S. (black widow being the other) thats venom is poison enough to kill you. Definately look into it.

SIGSays
09-03-2003, 06:05 PM
well as long as i don't get hese effects i'm alright right?

Constitutional symptoms, including macular, papular, urticarial, petechial, scarlatiniform, or morbilliform eruption
Hematologic disorders, such as hemolysis, hemoglobinuria, thrombocytopenia, disseminated intravascular coagulation, and shock (rare but serious complications)
Fever
Headache
Malaise
Arthralgia
Nausea
Vomiting

cuz i don't got anything.... yet....

MrMag
09-03-2003, 07:16 PM
looks to me like poison oak.....or ivy. when you scratched it, after did it randomly spread to other parts of your body (other arm, legs, face, etc)?

m-98
09-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Chop your arm off, then there will be no more poison to complain of. Seriously, though call a med center or a doctor.

SIGSays
09-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by MrMag
looks to me like poison oak.....or ivy. when you scratched it, after did it randomly spread to other parts of your body (other arm, legs, face, etc)?

yeah dude it got to my other arm and my ear

MrMag
09-03-2003, 09:16 PM
yep, definately poison oak. when you scratched it, you got the oils on your hands.........and then you touched other parts of your body. does the original "sore" ooze anymore? or any of the other ones that you scratched that oozed?

you need some of this
http://efirstaid.firstaidexchange.com/images/products/M-812-12.gif
any calamine lotion will work, just rub a good amount onto the sores and let the healing begin........you can get some at any drug store

gamarada717
09-03-2003, 09:26 PM
That stuff sucks. When I had the chiken pox I got coated in that stuff. Works though.

thereal_JT
09-04-2003, 12:18 AM
calamine lotion, or something with aloe in it. when i was in school i got it on the inside of my leg spread it over to the other leg, onto my face, swole my eye shut. Just don't touch your face!!!!! i repeat DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!!

JT

taylor492
09-08-2003, 11:27 PM
i say keep scratchin it, try using a comb.

Potatoboy
09-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Calamine lotion doesn't do much.

Get some Caladryl.

It's Calamine Lotion (to soothe) and Benadryl (an antihistimine) to counteract the allergic reaction.

Of course, you should also seek medical treatment, but they'll likely tell you the same thing I just did.

Cliffio
09-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by taylor492

im with this guy, just keep scratchin

Creative Mayhem
09-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by taylor492

Originally posted by Cliffio
im with this guy, just keep scratchin

I agree, but you need the heavy artilery for that one... GET THE RAKE!! :D

-=Squid=-
09-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Be sure to scratch the inside of your ears good, and rub your tongue...you know, mabe your nostrils. :D

gam-e
09-09-2003, 06:12 PM
dont forget the "boys" scratch them nice and good too

Dion

FalconGuy016
09-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by gam-e
dont forget the "boys" scratch them nice and good too

Dion

That would probably be one of the worst experiances you can go through

Thordic
09-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Go to the doctor.

Ask for prescription cream, tell him normal stuff isn't stopping the itch.

My doctor used to give me this stuff called Elocon, I believe, it was ten times better than anything else.

If its REAL bad, they'll give you cortizone pills. Trust me, NOTHING kills poison anything like cortizone pills :)

I have had poison ivy in just about every conceivable location (Yes, even there, and yes, it sucks VERY bad). I'm pretty much an expert on the stuff by now.

Benadryl pills work ok. Calamine lotion blows, IMO. It doesn't help much, and it makes you all covered in pink crap. Keeping it dry is the most important thing. Something that I used to do is use alcohol on it. This does two things. First off, if you ruptured the blisters, this will clean it off and keep you from getting infected. Secondly, as it evaporates, it makes your skin cold, which relieves the itch. Also, it helps dry your skin. Drying the skin makes it heal faster.

As for it spreading, by the time the blisters form, assuming you bathe regularly, all oils are gone. Once the blisters form it can no longer spread. You MAY develop more blisters afterwards, but they aren't because you rubbed blister A which caused blister B, some blisters just form slower.

Don't pop the blisters on purpose unless they get huge (I've gotten huge blisters that rose like half an inch off my skin twice, once on the palm of my hand, once on the bottom of my foot). If they pop on their own, the fluid inside is mostly water and won't do you any harm, just rinse the blister with clean water, and you should keep it clean and dry after its drained.

If you need any other advice, just let me know. The best thing I can tell you is grin and bear it, if you scratch it all it will do is bring you a LOT of pain. Keep it dry and clean, and you'll start feeling better in about 3 days.