PDA

View Full Version : Quick BKO ?

dinger
09-03-2003, 10:05 PM
i have a quick question :)

is an ICD BKO able to run off of CO2? or is that going to make the internals go bonkers and ruin them?

if they can run off of CO2, is there anything special i should do so that the gun can run it?

ill be getting a nitro tank after i get all the dough from my birthday :D :D SEPTEMBER 14 W00‡

VanGogo
09-03-2003, 10:23 PM
You cannot use CO2 on a BKO. For a stock BKO you need a 500psi out put preset screw in, or an adjustable output tank.

dinger
09-03-2003, 10:34 PM
as far as i have researched, the regulator problem was fixed in which you can use more than 500psi.

i swear to buddha that i saw somewhere on these forums about something with the BKO and CO2... :o

xadamx
09-03-2003, 10:49 PM
is your bko stock? if so i wouldnt run it on CO2. if you ahve a really nice reg then you could if you had to. id just wait until i got n2

dinger
09-03-2003, 11:18 PM
oo its gonna be stock for a while... ;o

i hope i get a job at winking lizard so i can buy sp ram, and the vapor digs :D

plus my dad made a schweeeet deal that if i got all A's and B's on my report card, he would reimburse me for ALL the money i paid for the gun stock. should i buy it for 320$ so i can get more dough?

nah, what if i get a D in english ;o

SatansGun
09-03-2003, 11:28 PM
my brother's birthday is the 14th too he is turning 18 how bout you?

sps16
09-03-2003, 11:38 PM
don't use co2 with out a palmer or other reg

Goldie D Pimp
09-04-2003, 09:45 AM
YOu CAN use co2,but it's not recommended.

If you want to use co2, the cheapest way would be to run a remote. That will keep your bottle vertical and give any liquid you may get into the gun, a big expansion area.

A good hpr would help too.

You're going to have to take some precautions and not just screw a co2 bottle directly on.

If you want to do that, I'd be sure to get an anti siphon tube for your tank. And someone makes little expansion chambers that scrwe in between your tank and gun. That would get you by for a while.

There are lots of ways to get by using co2.

paintballbeaver
09-04-2003, 11:34 AM
i work at a local pb shop we continualy run 90% of our bkos off co2 (simply run an anti shiphon tank and it takes care of the liquid problem, then the guns run rather nice)

and the guns do run better on air but for kids like you or any recballer looking to get in, Air is not always an option. So we set them up the best we can :)

WillyWonka
09-04-2003, 05:33 PM
I've got a friend who runs CO2 on his BKO but i'm not sure if it's anti-siphon or not, if you really HAVE to play before you get nitro i'd figure out a way to run anti-siphon just in case. But from my friend's experience CO2 works ok.

dinger
09-04-2003, 09:01 PM
ill be turning 15 on my birthday this year :D :D

a palmer?? wassat:confused: must be a reg as i assume... link plz? :)

i dont want a remote for my gun because... i dont want one......

BUT ~~ this anti-siphon thingy-ma-jig, just exactly what is it?? like a valve or something?? please post a link if you can :)

thanks

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
09-04-2003, 09:58 PM
anti-siphon is a little tube in the tank that keeps out the liquid

paintballbeaver
09-04-2003, 10:03 PM
what a anti siphon tube is, its a small tube attached inside your co2 tank that always points up alowing no liquid to get in and (no freezing to occur) any local pro shop should be able to do it for under 20.00 or you can buy a kit your self from websites like countypaintball.com or ebay (i recomend having a shop do it though)

dinger
09-04-2003, 11:29 PM
ah, so that means i gotta take off my valve, and then stick the little hose on it.

right? :o

VanGogo
09-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Yes, that is basically what you do. BUT, do not do this yourself!!!!!!!!!! At my shop the cost is about $7 and installation is free. Your local shop shouldn't be any more than $20. Plus to get it done right and have it do what it is supposed you need to know what you are doing.

It is very unsafe to do valve replacement unless you have been trained to do it the correct way. It is also unsafe for who ever you have fill the tank after you install a valve yourself. So please do not do this with any air source tank unless you are qualified to do so!

By the time you get a palmer's reg, you can pick up a 47ci 3000psi steel HPA tank. I have seen them online for as low as $55 new.
Also, CO2 should never go through a solenoid operated marker. Blow back electro's fine, orings are cheap. Noids aren't.
Get a cheap HPA tank untill you can afford better. BKO's are pretty dang air efficient, and a 47ci should get you through a game with no problem.

kosmo
09-05-2003, 06:12 AM
All you co2 naysayers are full of it. Ive been running my bushy on co2 for the past 2 years without a single co2 related problem. Just gotta have it set up right. I run anti-siphon to a female stab to a vert sidewinder. And I get darn good consistency when my LPR isnt all fudged up.

dinger
09-05-2003, 07:23 AM
heh i wasn't planning on putting the anti-siphon tube on anytime soon lol ;)

i wouldn't get a 47ci though because i want something a little "big" just because i like how the length feels.

and if its 55$ for a new hpa tank, then its got a crappy reg on it, right? yet, it wouldn't matter that much because the bko has dual regulators anyways...
so is that a good idea or bad?

plus i dont think that my parents want to send out some money to someone that they dont know that might live across the US :\

thanks

P.S. - my mom already doesn't like the fact that i just slapped 300$ for paintball stuff on her BRAND NEW credit card hehe ;) :D

DWill
09-05-2003, 05:03 PM
You can run it off Co2 if it is set up right, like female stabilizer and vert male stabilizer, but it would be cheaper in the end just to get a HPA system. Also yes just get any HPA and slap it on there it really won't matter because it is being regulated for consistancy already.

Goldie D Pimp
09-05-2003, 05:04 PM
YOu don't have to have TWO stabs to run Co2. One and an antisiphon would probably do it.

Two regs is overkill IMHO.

Skoad
09-05-2003, 07:18 PM
a 55 dollar hpa tank will be better than just straight co2.

mxrider250
09-05-2003, 11:39 PM
If you are going to use Co2 get an anti-siphon with an on-off valve to keep out the liquid.