PDA

View Full Version : Thigh armour

Quickling
09-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know of anything currently on the market that would protect the inside of the thigh? One of the girls I play with is haing major problems and thinking of not playing anymore cause for her that area is too sensitive.

thanks

Crighton
09-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Baggy pants.

wyn1370
09-04-2003, 09:57 AM
try some hockey pants, they are made to take a puck, probably wouldn't even feel a paintball
http://www.thesportsauthority.com/graphics/product_images/p740713reg.jpg

JEDI
09-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Tell her to stop being such a girl. :p

Quickling
09-04-2003, 02:47 PM
hahaha.... what about something like the over priced dye pants? I see they have a little butt padding, so do they have any around the thighs?

Mossman
09-04-2003, 03:25 PM
if i saw someone wearing hockey pants to play paintball theres no telling in what nasty place I'd shoot them.

How many times has she gotten hit on the inside of the thigh that this had become an issue?

f3rr3+
09-04-2003, 03:38 PM
i can help her out....

Tell her to wear some paintball pants then wear basket ball pants underneath that, that would be mucho padded... oh yeah and ask her if shes ever been hit in the balls... :P

Skoad
09-04-2003, 05:03 PM
how often do you get hit on the inside of the thigh? thats like getting hit in the armpit.

is she doing air-splits while playing or something?

i don't think there is anything besides making something homeade, like wraping some bandage wrap around your legs or something ghetto like that

WillyWonka
09-04-2003, 05:39 PM
The only time i've gotten hit on the inner thigh is when i was on my knees leaning back a little and someone managed to get an angle on my so they could see the whole front of my body. So tell her to stop letting that happen...

That game sucked too 'cause i chopped and didn't have a squeegee and when a friend tried to throw me one it fell short and in front of my bunker. That's how i got shot, tried to lean out and get it lol.

JEDI
09-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Actually, I've got a good size welt on the inside of my leg, thats begining to go away. Theres no spot thats safe from getting hit. I wouldnt say its such a weird shot. A pair of Pball pants, and a heavier pair of mesh shorts would probably work. Really though, thats a tough spot to pad.

f3rr3+
09-04-2003, 06:24 PM
i say that the "butt-hole" is pretty safe from getting shot :P

person88
09-04-2003, 06:37 PM
I get hit in the thigh area all the time, i dont know why though:(

-Carnifex-
09-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Are you sure she's a girl?! :eek: :confused: :D

FooTemps
09-05-2003, 12:26 AM
i only get hit on the inside of the thigh like a couple inches up from my knee.

Major Ho
09-05-2003, 04:55 PM
When I took a few female friends out to play I found out they got shot in the thigh quite a bit. It took me a while to figure out why.
Its the way they play, instead of leaning out with their upper torso to shoot out a bunker the put their whole side of their body in a one legged kneel position if that makes any sense. I guess they put their stronger leg as the higher leg which is the side leaning out. Bam, the whole thigh area is exposed.
Thats my guess on how they are getting shot in that area and the cause for concern.

Torbo
09-05-2003, 05:05 PM
good call major ho.

baggy pants? Compression shorts? Gym shorts? All of the above? Some combination of those should do the trick. Better technique would also help

the_next_guy_
09-05-2003, 07:30 PM
get some compression shorts and stuff something in them.

Quickling
09-05-2003, 08:11 PM
I was actually thinking of buying some neoprene and sewing it into some Dye pants or something... But yeah I have also noticed a diference in their style of play which exposes different parts of their body then we do. Just something different I guess.

Clare
09-05-2003, 08:18 PM
I rarely get shot on the inside of my thigh but when I have it's left a nice bruise for a few months. I don't use anything but having some thick shorts underneath should help.

MrWallen
09-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Since no one has said it yet, no, the overpriced dye pants (while being excellent pants) lack thigh protection, the inside of the leg is mesh (for ventillation) and so probably has the least padding out of anywhere else. You could try the (even more overprice) dye slider shorts, but I'm not sure they reach down far enough to cover the area in question, and since I've never actually used a pair, I"m not sure how much padding they have there anyway.

Torbo
09-05-2003, 11:00 PM
regardless of price or inner thigh protection, dye pants are amazing. Very comfortable, nice and baggy too. Which in this case seems to be what you would want

MrWallen
09-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Yeah, the DYE pants are great, my only complaint is that they have a little bit of velcro (the scratchy side) right at the top on the rear of the pants, so it can scratch your lower back. Usually I just stick it onto my Comfort Belt, or wear a shirt underneath and tuck it in.

But it's still kinda annoying.

Eatem Alive
09-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Go to a store that caters to roller hockey players. They have a pair of padded shorts that go under the nylon pants that they wear. They are totally padded inside the thigh, butt, hip, etc...