PDA

View Full Version : Amish killed for shooting paintball and throwing tomatoes at cars

Muzikman
09-04-2003, 11:42 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=12&u=/ap/20030904/ap_on_re_us/cornfield_killing_1

Skoad
09-04-2003, 12:18 PM
the amish can use pb guns?

Quickling
09-04-2003, 12:26 PM
yeah I was thinkin that too....

cphilip
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Not that it makes a big difference, but if you read far enough you will see the Victim was Mennonite not Amish. He had left the Amish and become Mennonite and the Mennonites do indeed have modern convienences more so than the Amish do. And I guess paintball markers but the story seems to concentrate on the Tomato's. Barely a mention of the Paintball marker. Not clear if THIS particular car that stopped and killed the victim had Paintballs involved or just some in the past that night had been fired on.

I have several Menonnite families as neigbors around here. Fine people they are.

1stdeadeye
09-04-2003, 12:54 PM
The whole article is posted over in the Friendly Corner.

I thought it said that the group of youths were a mix of Amish and Mennonite. It also states that some of the youths admitted to firing paintball as well as throwing tomatos.

My question still stands though. If the amish were using compressed air in their markers. How many hamsters were used to power the compressor?

cphilip
09-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Perhaps only the Menonnites had Paintball Markers? Perhaps there was only one Paintball Marker out there? It doesn't say. All we know for certain is the Dead one is Menonnite. But again it doesn't realy change much of anything. Perhaps they were using CO2 even... Who knows.

thecavemankevin
09-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
If the amish were using compressed air in their markers. How many hamsters were used to power the compressor?

i know this isn't suposed to be a funny situation sence someone was killed, but that hamster thing was freakin funny

Quickling
09-04-2003, 02:41 PM
yeah... and I bet the were trying to ge tthe paintball/tomato into the car window too.. which with a paintball in some states is a very big crime. Not that it warnented this.. but still those kids should get some punishment for their use of a marker.

thei3ug
09-04-2003, 03:42 PM
they haven't been punished enough?

logamus
09-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
My question still stands though. If the amish were using compressed air in their markers. How many hamsters were used to power the compressor?

dark humor is my favorite. :)

TJ03A
09-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin

i know this isn't suposed to be a funny situation sence someone was killed, but that hamster thing was freakin funny

True, but if it were the Amish with a bunch of hamsters, Just how big was the bellows they were using? Can't have pistons in their compressor I bet. I can just picture 500 hamsters running on a giant wheel pushing a huge bellows up and down over at the blacksmiths shop.

SIGSays
09-06-2003, 07:19 AM
how many of you 23 year olds out there would actually do that? i mean come on.. that was pretty immature... and tomatoes... other kids in other countries can;t even eat..

Matt_mg
09-06-2003, 07:42 AM
action-reaction do a dumb thing, get shot...

Admitedly I'd run out of the car and spank the damn kids (If I had a car) but paintball marker can sound like silenced weapons...

yeahthatsme
09-06-2003, 09:56 AM
it was a town tradition, i'm sure a ton of older people would go out to have some fun doing this! you guys seem realy keen to blame the kids for all of this and not once has anybody said that the guy driving the car was an idiot who lost his cool, he should be dealt with severely. thats my 2 cents.