PDA

View Full Version : Doc's Automag Barrel Convertor....

Severe
09-04-2003, 12:14 PM
Just a few questions about the above mentioned device for those of you who have them.

Do you like it?
Have you had any issues with it? Namely, LX functioning.
How heavy is it?
How, exactly, does it lock in place?
Would you recommend it?

Thanks for the information.

Big'n slo
09-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Do you like it?
Have you had any issues with it? Namely, LX functioning.
How heavy is it?
How, exactly, does it lock in place?
Would you recommend it?

Yes, I love it.
No issues.
Not sure but heavy enough to know its there.
Locks in place using the mag barrel twist lock.
Yes.

jayloo
09-04-2003, 12:36 PM
1. Yes I loved it, worked flawlessly on my w/l e-mag body.
2. 0 issues.
3. It is made on SS, it was heavy enough.
4. How it locks was the cool part. So simple, yet perfectly functional.
5. Only if you wanted to use cocker threaded barrels....duh.

Seriously, if you took a 14" freak cocker threaded barrel an dput the adapter on it .. it would be the same length as a twist lock 14" freak barrel.

Halliday
09-04-2003, 04:11 PM
1) I am not sure if I "like" it yet. I still need to test it some more. I have only had one full day's play with it.
2) Yes, but not LX related. The bore on my 1st adapter was way small. I could not shoot 5 Big Ball brand paintballs w/o at least 1 break (Lvl 7 Mag). After setting up a LX on the Mag it wouldn't cause breaks anymore, but would not shoot out some balls because the adpater was too tight. Doc exchanged my small adpater for a larger one. So far with having one full day of playing with the larger-bore adapter, I don't think it's a accurate as a ULE body with the same barrel and brand of paint.
3) Weighs about as much as a roll of quarters.
4) It has a hole that the twist-lock pin locks into.
5) Maybe.

I will say that Doc switched out my adpater with no problems. I just wish it had been made with a larger bore to begin with. Overall the quality is great. Very simple to install. It seems like a good compromise to buying a ULE body.