PDA

View Full Version : Twist Lock Problem

logamus
09-04-2003, 05:00 PM
ok i took my mag apart today partly because i was bored and partly because i put a new drop on it. well now that its all back togheter again i cant get my barrels to work. they go in but refuse to turn. what in the world have i done wrong?

Remington
09-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Maybe overtightened the twist lock assembly? :confused: Try backing out the pin until the barrel can slid.

Skoad
09-04-2003, 05:06 PM
uhh, only things i can think of is your not putting the barrel all the way in, the twist lock pin shouldn't really effect twisting them on - but would make it harder/too easy to push the barrel in and twist off.

put some oil in the twist lock track, and also smear a little on the barrel o-rings. make sure you shove the barrel in there real good ;)

logamus
09-04-2003, 05:45 PM
ok i tried loosening it up and i also used some oil. the barrel slides all the way in but it still refuses to turn.

afrankart
09-06-2003, 03:01 PM
On the bottomof your twistlock itself, there is a screw. Dial it counterclockwize, and it will release some of the spring pressure that is keeping the top of the twistlock from pushing in. You should then be able to lock your barrel in.

afrankart
09-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Oh, make sure you're turning the barrel the right direction.:D

Pullman
09-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey,

I've had that problem before especially with non-stock or well worn trigger frames. Sometimes where the frame screw goes through the trigger frame into the body will get flattened out or you get overzealous while tightening it down. The result is that your frame screw is actually pressing into your barrel. Try loosening the frame screw and see if your barrel will turn now. When you finally get the barrel out check behind where the twistlock channel is. If you have scuffs that was prolly the problem. You can solve it by either not tightening so hard or getting a small washer to put between the screw head and the trigger frame.

Hope that helps,

:D