PDA

View Full Version : I was reading one of Doc's old threads about the current SP situation.

Dubstar112
09-04-2003, 09:33 PM
When I realized that if SP does become a "monopoly" on the electro market, this will signal the return of the 68 Automag.. and the autococker. My guess is not among the major tourney players as much as rec players, and small time tourney players, obviously because the players sponsor(s) handle this. Unless the players them selves change to Mags and cockers.

ALso, Doc's thread noted or hinted(depening on how you read it i guess) that the ULT is in response to this situation

To me this seems like the dream of mags becoming more popular(once again), but for the wrong reason. Is my timing with this realization off? if it is let me know ill delete this.

Will Wood
09-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Tom did research and design the ULT because of the SP situation.
Which is why he made it.. Mags will be an alternative. Mags now have very few bad things about them. Too heavy? ULE stuff. Looks bad? Mill a slug body. Don't like mechanical triggers? Get a ULT... nice and short. Plus the Retro that you'll be using it with. Still have high ROF. Don't like twistlock? ULE's use cocker threading.

penguinpunk555
09-04-2003, 09:56 PM
get rid of the electros somday tom is gonnna make an upgrade that will have a mags trigger pull 1 ounce and 1 mm tom can do it he is master dude guy ruler of the world person lady it will be called the s.u.l.t.p.t.

super ultra light trigger pull thingy

DiRTyBuNNy
09-04-2003, 09:56 PM
yes... ULT = Big Pimpin...not walkable at all from what I could feel and I can walk just about any electro...but definitely feels like shooting an Emag in e-mode...

penguinpunk555
09-04-2003, 09:59 PM
oh yea its walkable i walked a ult on y grip with lvl 10 and x valve i short stroked i few but its walkable if u practice

DiRTyBuNNy
09-04-2003, 10:03 PM
If you short stroke or chuff a Marker then you can't walk it...when I can see you rip off a 25 ball string without a skip, pop, or chuff..then I'll say you can walk it...up until then..my observation stands..

11_Mile_TMaster
09-04-2003, 10:23 PM
It's walkable. The way I do it, anyway. I shoot it half walk half fan.... for a good 100 rounds or so in the basement of a Frat house, I had no problems whatsoever. No breaks/chuffs as far as I could see, nada.

-=Squid=-
09-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
get rid of the electros somday tom is gonnna make an upgrade that will have a mags trigger pull 1 ounce and 1 mm tom can do it he is master dude guy ruler of the world person lady it will be called the s.u.l.t.p.t.

wtf?

Marek
09-05-2003, 01:06 AM

I guess Mr. Kaye has to wait until after he runs for Govenor of California to work on this project. You know, since he is the "master dude guy ruler of the world person lady."

GT
09-05-2003, 11:38 AM
I dont think it is walkable or maybe I havnt played with it enough.

I really dont think we will see people going back to mech guns. Look at the used market. Even if all makes stop making E-guns I imagine the used market alone would have enough markers to sustain us for years.

if the SP suit is in fact a real threat will we see the end of small shop development. Only the big boys will be able to afford to play. Then again is it to SP's advantage to kill the electro market or make a few bucks off of each one sold?

I am tired of reading BS on message boards. We need some court documents to determine what is really going on...

Benfica4ever
09-05-2003, 12:01 PM

Lay off the marajuana.

Automaggin2
09-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Dubstar112
When I realized that if SP does become a "monopoly" on the electro market, this will signal the return of the 68 Automag.. and the autococker.

Autococker return? At the local fields around here, most people shoot cockers. THey arnt very prominent in the tourney seen, but they are still rather big