PDA

View Full Version : Shatner in Chicago next year..

Mckevern
09-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Just heard on Mancow that they're working on getting the game in Chicago next year.

Tried calling him on his show and he hung up on me..

I'm shooting him next year that jackass.

Anyway, I don't think they want to throw it at CPX again do to all the problems they had.

What does everyone think about Paintball Sam's or Fox River Games???

I've never been to Fox, but I hear good things about it all the time. Sam's isn't set up for 4500psi fills but if they had some modivation I'm sure they would get it ready.

What does everyone think???

Any suggestions on other fields??

LaW
09-05-2003, 08:54 AM
nothing is set in stone, its going to be east coast or uppper midwest... I dont care what they are trying to do. I dont think Sams would be a good place to have it, fox's maybe....

Mckevern
09-05-2003, 08:58 AM
When I talked to Mancow and Shatner this last weekend they said they were thinking the Chicagoland area again.

Something to do with Mancow having more pull in the area and about to promote it better....

I mean the first one had more tanks and such. This year is wasn't pushed as much because of everyone's area's of influence. Maybe Blast Camp in Indiana?? I hear it's built on an old army base...

Tom, would you like for me and my crew to look around and see what we can find???

LaW
09-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Honestly I would want it back at emr... but heh thats just me :) I fell in love with the place!

Mckevern
09-05-2003, 09:18 AM
EMR was awesome....

I just need to start hitting the stairmaster now so I can better handle the mountain hike. :-)

LaW
09-05-2003, 09:21 AM
i didn't even try, i saw them and just walked away

Tyger
09-05-2003, 02:24 PM
If my ankle was better, I"da been a happier camper, actually. But, that all being said, Chicago wouldn't be a bad place. Fox River Games could take the numbers, as could Sam's (But that would be an intresting park job...) Selfishly, I'd like it in Chicago. But, EMR was a better field to handle the game. They had good props.

If it's at CPX again, I'm learning how to fill my own from a scuba tank. Seriously.

-Tyger

LaW
09-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Tyger
If my ankle was better, I"da been a happier camper, actually. But, that all being said, Chicago wouldn't be a bad place. Fox River Games could take the numbers, as could Sam's (But that would be an intresting park job...) Selfishly, I'd like it in Chicago. But, EMR was a better field to handle the game. They had good props.

If it's at CPX again, I'm learning how to fill my own from a scuba tank. Seriously.

-Tyger

Exactly what I was thinking on the parking for sams :) thats why I scratched that. Fox's would be ideal in my opinion. It is not that CPX does not have a nice field, it does... its just the paint, staff, and constant power outtages that I have always been a victim of that really puts a sour taste in my mouth whenever CPX is mentioned.

Tyger
09-05-2003, 02:33 PM
CPX always, ALWAYS screws me. I've had the most inconsistnt reffing there, the safety briefing is a JOKE (you watch a video, I've been forced to watch it 5 times now, and I can't tell you any of the things like chrony speed or the like. And I don't appreciate that they tell you that surrendering is for wussies, and that the CPX stance is not to surrender, but shoot the guy point blank anyway.)

The last time I tried to play there was at Shatner 1, and I Was charged money on Sunday to get a wristband to play, even thoughh I was in the Shatenrball game on Saturday. And I never played, becasue the chronies on the range said my gun was shooting 250, but the handhelds said it was 315. After a ref threw my lunch into the trash while I was still eating it, I decided that CPX could (deleted for RASCII reasons).

-Tyger (Still angry at CPX, I dont' care who runs it now...)

LaW
09-05-2003, 04:08 PM
CPX always, ALWAYS screws me. I've had the most inconsistnt reffing there, the safety briefing is a JOKE (you watch a video, I've been forced to watch it 5 times now, and I can't tell you any of the things like chrony speed or the like. And I don't appreciate that they tell you that surrendering is for wussies, and that the CPX stance is not to surrender, but shoot the guy point blank anyway.)

The last time I tried to play there was at Shatner 1, and I Was charged money on Sunday to get a wristband to play, even thoughh I was in the Shatenrball game on Saturday. And I never played, becasue the chronies on the range said my gun was shooting 250, but the handhelds said it was 315. After a ref threw my lunch into the trash while I was still eating it, I decided that CPX could (deleted for RASCII reasons).

-Tyger (Still angry at CPX, I dont' care who runs it now...)

Run into the same problems everytime I have played there. I was a volunteer ref at the first shatner and the real refs were horrible :)

Weltman
09-08-2003, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mckevern
[B]Just heard on Mancow that they're working on getting the game in Chicago next year.

Tried calling him on his show and he hung up on me..

I'm shooting him next year that jackass.

I've been wanting to shoot his monkey *** since last year when he was sandbagging. He also printed some less than kind things about me without warrant. Unfortunately, I was either on his team(actually against the rules in this game to fire friendly and intentionally)or I couldn't find his cowardly hide.

Dayspring
09-08-2003, 04:03 PM
I know that Paul Fogel from Skirmish USA would be down. I talked to him about it yesterday at Global.

But that's not up to me. That's up to the decision makers & Paul.

Tyger
09-08-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf

tyger if we go to cpx...ill shoot the ref that throughs out yer lunch :)...stupid lunch throwing-bad calling-dumb-smelly refs...

Umm, okay....

I would really like to see the event next year at Sam's. That would rock. For starters, it's FLAT! :)

If it's at CPX, I'll go, but I'll be watchign my back, and staging from my car. Sorry, but I don't trust the CPX people anymore. It takes 3-4 whacks with the 'learnming stick' for me to learn sometimes, but I catch on eventually.

-Tyger

Timmee
09-08-2003, 06:54 PM

-Tyger

Filling to 3000 psi from a scuba tank is pretty easy. Connect the fill nipple to the quick disconnect, close the bleed valve, turn on the tank valve (I like to fill the tank slowly), and once you hear the air stop going into the tank, close the tank valve, open the bleed valve, and disconnect the tank. As far as fill stations, I've got the square one, with the guage. It seems (to me, anyway) to be a very solid, reliable unit.

With that said, I'd prefer EMR again (that way I can drive to the event). If it's in Chicago though, I guess I'll be flying in and renting a car.

Wickster
09-08-2003, 06:58 PM
I would be happy to see it at Skirmish. They have a HUGE field and can handle the large numbers (they host a "world's record" game every year that numbers in the thousands). I also used to ref there in the early 90's.:) One bad thing may be the proximity of airports and I'm not sure about area hotels.

Trips
09-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Ahem...
I know of a field that could hold the parking, the players, and all the egos all in one.

Paintball USA in Houston.

About thirty five minutes from Houston Intercontinental Airport.

Hotels within 10 minutes of the field.

It has held over a thousand players at one of Vipers games.

It's flat, heavy woods, one of, if not, the biggest speedball field(s) designed for final battle type games. Multi-storied objective bunkers, a really nifty creek that seperates the speedball field from the woods, four real roads (grassy)intersecting the field,
and best of all no freaking rebar sticking out of concrete like at CPX. Realism is cool but dang that was Armageddon field was just plain freaking dangerous.

I love EMR, awesome field, ...but UP SUCKS!!! Found out about that when the Texans travelled to PA for a game over Memorial Day weekend for the MXS Twin Towers game.

One minor drawback is that it is in Houston and the game is in August/September. It is still a little warm around then.

Just a thought as there are quite few scenario players here in the Lone Star State that would just love to see a game of that magnitude here.

Weltman
09-11-2003, 09:01 PM
The whole country is getting too safe for me. Parents actually get tickets if their kid gets cought without his helmet while riding his bike. Non of us had to endure such over bearing protectiveness. I love the realism of Armageddon and am glad it is a dangerous as it is. I take great comfort knowing that the country isn't entirely padded for safety and politically correct.

Trips
09-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Sorry Weltman,
Gotta disagree on this. That particular section of the CPX field is a friggin deathtrap. I was inches away from impaling myself in the final battle. I dig realism as much as the next guy believe me on that. But I expect a little sense put into one paintballs premier fields in the entire world. I ended up giving my gun to Mrs Shatner for the rest of the final battle and hung in the back till the end of the game. Probably should note that my incident with the rebar occured at the base of the two story blown up building on Armageddon, by the wall in front. Another two inches and I would had a 8" piece of metal in my chest as I was sliding in head first and it looked clear at the beginning of the slide. Rest of the field rocked, air fills blew, but the game was pretty awesome for an 8 hourer.

Just my opinion on this one section of the field.

Tyger
09-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Weltman
The whole country is getting too safe for me. ...I love the realism of Armageddon and am glad it is a dangerous as it is.

I'm not one to agree here, mainly on a standpoint of paintball as a "Fantasy". I take into account that a field is, relatively, safe. When I play a field, I like to know that I won't need to have stitches. When I played armageddon the first time, they neglected to tell me that there are rusty bed springs at about my throat height.

Now if it were in the woods, that's another story. Only becasue int he woods, stuf flike tree roots are a part of the world. But on a field that was BUILT for paintball, they put stuff there intentionally. So it's thier responsibility to make it safe.

Note I'm not complaining about the ground surface (distressed concrete), or the buildings, or that stuff. It's when they fail to warm me about things that could, potentially, injure or kill me that gets my goat.

-Tyger

Weltman
09-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Lightweights! All of you!

Tyger
09-12-2003, 01:46 PM
No, I just don't like teatnus shots.

-Tyger

*NRG*MIKE
09-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Thad and Tyger, How did you guys like the EMR fields? Have you played there before or was Shatnerball your first trip? I'm just curious because I live near by and I have always thought it was great, but Blue really spruced it up for this event. Just wondering what you did and didn't like about it. Thanks.

:) :D

Weltman
09-12-2003, 05:20 PM
I've always liked EMR. I've been showing up at events at EMR for about six years. It is run very well. It has a varied terrain that you don't see most fields with. Alot of people complain about the hill climbing but I have no problem with it. The only agrevating thing is the Endless Mud and Rain. I will return in two weeks for the fall defense and maybe again for return to Wolfenstein.

*NRG*MIKE
09-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Weltman
I will return in two weeks for the fall defense and maybe again for return to Wolfenstein.

Cool Are you playin' on the "Pump" side then? And I hope to see you there at Wolf's Lair.

Weltman
09-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Oh come on. I will defend with an arsenal.

Tyger
09-12-2003, 07:50 PM
I've been to EMR before, so I knew the terrain, basically. MY ankle wasn't 100% here, so I had a hard time in the hills. But, that being said, I like the EMR fields. I'm just hoping I can keep my ankle and back OK for CC16, and you'll see what I can do when I'm "healthy". :)

And if you don't believe I've been there, knock on teh North Shore Devil Dogs bunkhouse, and look for my name. I signed the wall near the flaming skull on the wall. :)

-Tyger (Who won't be wearing the cat mask to CC16... not happenin, nope.)

*NRG*MIKE
09-12-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm just hoping I can keep my ankle and back OK for CC16, and you'll see what I can do when I'm "healthy". :)

-Tyger (Who won't be wearing the cat mask to CC16... not happenin, nope.)

It should be quite the game. How many are signed up to "Attack"? I heard there wern't very many yet. I know most people want to defend.

InZaneFlea
10-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Armageddon at CPX is amazing...I'm actually going there this Monday, considering it's a free day. Personally, I've never had any trouble there, although the dude handling the CO2 froze my finger because he flipped it on before I had screwed my tank on...Dumbass. Anyways, besides that, I think Bedlam and Armageddon are the best courses I've played, and City Wars (War between the two, AND you get Riot Shields...) is a really amazing thing.

Bonez
10-12-2003, 09:25 PM
I think anywhere in the midwest would be a good choice for the next Spplat Attack as it is a centralized location for most of us.

As for fields, if you wanted it in Chicagoland Fox Paintball in Millington would be it for size if you didn't want to go back to CPX. Wisconsin's field of choice would be Paintball Sam's. Michigan... Hell Survivors in Pickney (Home of the Michigan Monster Game).

When it comes to air and paint any field can outsource to a Distributor like National Paintball Supply to give them a hand. Heck, I have even heard that one of the prisions in Joliet that went under was considering a paintball game in it.

In my opinion, I would like to see it at Fox Paintball. It is in Mancow's listener area, there is a large amount of land to be played on, the terrain is quite varied, and with enough preparation I could see them able to handle the crowds.

The only problem I see with Fox is parking, but that can be solved with a bus system to a local farm field, the Fair grounds up the road, or an abandoned lot in Millington.

We shall see though.

-H

Tyger
10-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Just a strange thought.

What if a scenario gmae field was "Built" on a fairground? Just as an expirement? I mean, yo could get netting for it, stage from the buildings on them... And I think there's a few fairgrounds NEAR Chicago....

The IAO ran a scenario game on their fairgrounds, but it was an afterthought. I mean, how muc fun would it be to get the inflatable companies, and the ball wall people, and all the other freaks that make arena bunkers, to come in, and build a playland for us rec guys? Think of it! The ultimate advertizement!

But I'm weird liek that...

JJ, you've got my phone #...

-Tyger

LaW
10-13-2003, 12:56 AM
Just a strange thought.

What if a scenario gmae field was "Built" on a fairground? Just as an expirement? I mean, yo could get netting for it, stage from the buildings on them... And I think there's a few fairgrounds NEAR Chicago....

The IAO ran a scenario game on their fairgrounds, but it was an afterthought. I mean, how muc fun would it be to get the inflatable companies, and the ball wall people, and all the other freaks that make arena bunkers, to come in, and build a playland for us rec guys? Think of it! The ultimate advertizement!

But I'm weird liek that...

JJ, you've got my phone #...

-Tyger

This idea has come up in discussion elsewhere, I recall. It would be a GREAT idea but it would involve A LOT of preperation depending... and I think it would be a lot easier and less costly to find a field that already exists ;)

Tyger
10-13-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by LaW

This idea has come up in discussion elsewhere, I recall. It would be a GREAT idea but it would involve A LOT of preperation depending...

Ok, well, wait a minute. LEt's think about this.

World Cup. they set up, what, a dozen 10 man fields. So let's think about this. That's 240 players out there, with a lot of room to move. They spread it out a lot, sure, but they set up their site pretty big.

So, let's think about this. We arrange netting. Contract it to the people at the fairgrounds to put up. Ok, this will be the most expensive part. But if the 'Cup can get that much netting, so can a rec game.

Next is inflatables. For Shatner, I think that the big companies will be more than happy to discount their pries for rentals. PLUS, what other events are over LAbor day? Nothing. So we could probably get the "Angel" A, the JT Pyramid, and the other famous ones. And they cold be MAJOR points in the game too! "Get to the JT Pyramid, and take out the widget attached to the bottom."

Plus there are alternative companies out there who would LOVE an opportunity to show the world why thier bunkers are WAY cooler than airball bunkers. "Ball Wall" comes to mind. But I know that if the word goes out, everyone will come out of the woodwork to have a section of "Shatnerball". Can you see "Can City"? or the "Ball Wall fortress"?

I odn't think it's out of reach, nessarily. It just needs a LOT of orginization, contracts, and people who share the vision.

But, then again, it IS paintball....

-Tyger

LaW
10-13-2003, 02:31 AM

Ok, well, wait a minute. LEt's think about this.

World Cup. they set up, what, a dozen 10 man fields. So let's think about this. That's 240 players out there, with a lot of room to move. They spread it out a lot, sure, but they set up their site pretty big.

So, let's think about this. We arrange netting. Contract it to the people at the fairgrounds to put up. Ok, this will be the most expensive part. But if the 'Cup can get that much netting, so can a rec game.

Next is inflatables. For Shatner, I think that the big companies will be more than happy to discount their pries for rentals. PLUS, what other events are over LAbor day? Nothing. So we could probably get the "Angel" A, the JT Pyramid, and the other famous ones. And they cold be MAJOR points in the game too! "Get to the JT Pyramid, and take out the widget attached to the bottom."

Plus there are alternative companies out there who would LOVE an opportunity to show the world why thier bunkers are WAY cooler than airball bunkers. "Ball Wall" comes to mind. But I know that if the word goes out, everyone will come out of the woodwork to have a section of "Shatnerball". Can you see "Can City"? or the "Ball Wall fortress"?

I odn't think it's out of reach, nessarily. It just needs a LOT of orginization, contracts, and people who share the vision.

But, then again, it IS paintball....

-Tyger

Tyger, dont get me wrong I am totally with you on this one, and also have thought about most of that as well.

I guess I am just questioning the location... since I would be pretty disappointed at a game such as this to be playing on some area that doesn't have a good diverse terrain... if you get what i'm saying... i dont know :) I think it would be awesome though

Mike Smith
10-13-2003, 07:03 AM
If it happens at a fairgrounds, it would have to have a lot of room (at least 30 acres). I don't think I'd like playing an entire game like final battle at Shatnerball I (about 5-7 acres).

In my experience, 50 acres would be great for 1000+ people.

Given that, I'm thinking all of the major bunkerball manufacturers would be there. Who could resist the exposure and who would refuse to contribute to Shatner's charity?
(IE: JT didn't show up... they don't do charity events....)
(Like that would happen......)

This could be THE major expo for everyone's product each year.

Good idea Tyger..... Run with it!:cool:

abunkerer
10-23-2003, 02:09 AM
Why wouldn't they have it at Badlandz?
That is probably the best place in Illinois, lots of pro teams train there (aftershock) and the chicago open has been held there every year (besides last year)
plus its huge, and has lots of different fields...
Not to mention its less expensive than most places
25$ entry free air and bring your own paint.

Furby
10-23-2003, 06:25 AM
Just my .02 here, like it or don't...

Paintball USA in Houston would be an ideal location for Shatnerball III. I've played there before..the field ops are amongst the rare breed of field ops who actually care about their clientel and bust their chops to make the place what it is.

However, there's another place that would be ideal for Shatner III...Bear Claw Paintball in Fayetteville, TN. From Mancow's perspective, it's in one of his stronger markets, so he could effectively promote it, the field itself is absolutely amazing...the field ops have sunk an amazing amount of time and money into making the place safe, fun and imaginative. The refs are amongst the best I've ever seen anywhere. I could go on, but I won't. Mr. Kaye has played this field, at a MPP Games Scenario earlier this year, so he knows what I'm talking about.

I'll be very blunt with my motivations for suggesting this field...I don't want to go to Chicago to play Shatner III. I despise Chicago like I do PA, which sucks, because I absolutely adore EMR...I just can't stand PA in general.

Tyger
10-23-2003, 12:30 PM
IMHO : Mancow and Shatner didn't like EMR because there was no running water. :)

I'm playing wiht Tom next year, at least he really plays between Shatnerballs. :) No, wait, that didn't sound right...

-Tyger (Wounded paw, sorry...)

Mike Smith
10-23-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED I tell you!

Tyger is playing with Tom??!!??

One of his sponsors? :rolleyes:

Amazing!

I'm on the Texan's team, of course.

AutomagRT1483
10-26-2003, 02:18 AM
Believe me, Tyger wants to play with Tom because we have the cooler jerseys. Atleast thats what he told me at Paintball Sam's Fall Big Game.

Gman63
11-17-2003, 11:31 AM
I would have to agree with Furby about Bear Claw in TN. There is about 70 acres to play on with everything from WWII firebases with sandbags to Log forts with Towers. Only about a 1 hour drive south of Nashvilles Airport and the field has running water, toilets and a shower. Alot of area is set aside for parking and camping and the owner works his butt off trying to make everyones event there as fun as possible. I will admit my bias because it is my home field but to that extent I would more than likly be reffing than playing at an event that size. If you have never been to Bear Claw, you owe it to yourself to go and play there and if you can go to one of there scenarios, AWSOME bairly describes it.:D

Furby
11-17-2003, 01:27 PM
"Orgasmic" is the word I most often use...

00Buckshot
11-17-2003, 11:00 PM
Found this on the paintballchannel...

Shatnerball III: Back in Illinois? Posted: Tue, 4 Nov 2003

Word on the street is that William Shatners SPPLAT Attack III will be taking place at the former The Hoover Outdoor Education Center located along the Fox River in Yorkville, Illinois during Labor Day Weekend, 2004.

The HOEC is a former Boy Scout Camp that consists of 408 acres of field and forest situated on one mile of the Fox River. The former camp has numerous cabins (enough to sleep 120) and campsites, a dining hall, a lodge, and several pavillions.

No word as to what next years theme will be...Stay tuned for more details.

mororless
11-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Any other SOCAL players feel as jealous as I am? Born and raised in Chicago...but now that I live out here we have the WORST games..I plan with a couple of friends on going to D-Day in 04..wish I could make something back in my own back yard..where are the fields around there? Was from the far south side of the city..

darwin
12-11-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Trips
Ahem...
I know of a field that could hold the parking, the players, and all the egos all in one.

Paintball USA in Houston.

About thirty five minutes from Houston Intercontinental Airport.

Hotels within 10 minutes of the field.

It has held over a thousand players at one of Vipers games.

It's flat, heavy woods, one of, if not, the biggest speedball field(s) designed for final battle type games. Multi-storied objective bunkers, a really nifty creek that seperates the speedball field from the woods, four real roads (grassy)intersecting the field,
and best of all no freaking rebar sticking out of concrete like at CPX. Realism is cool but dang that was Armageddon field was just plain freaking dangerous.

I love EMR, awesome field, ...but UP SUCKS!!! Found out about that when the Texans travelled to PA for a game over Memorial Day weekend for the MXS Twin Towers game.

One minor drawback is that it is in Houston and the game is in August/September. It is still a little warm around then.

Just a thought as there are quite few scenario players here in the Lone Star State that would just love to see a game of that magnitude here.

big ups to this.

after seeing throwdown at paintball usa last weekend this would be great :)

edweird
12-11-2003, 01:59 AM
a little birdy... or atleast a big one informed me that Shatner 3 will most likely be held @ Sherwood Forest in Indiana.

SN0BL1ND
12-11-2003, 07:02 AM
BRING IT TO BEARCLAW!!!!!

Look, 10 more votes for Bearclaw!:D

PYROMAN315
12-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Trust me on this one, im in no way trying to bash Fox Paintball but I cant see this being held there. I work at Fox and have been a member for 11 years now and I was at the first Shatner evetn at CPX but not at the last one. If your trying to get the amount of players to Fox that were at CPX, it aint gonna happen. The field is great but the only way this could happen is if they used both the front and the back fields. It could be done, but it wont be easy.
And I also run one of the tanks at Fox. Theres no way that you can run more than 2 tanks at a time there. Its very muddy and all rudded up so you better get a 4x4 or chains.
Again, I love Fox and the 300 - 400 player scenarios there are great but a Shatner event, I dont know.
Oh, and I do think Sherwood Forest would be a better place to have it. Much more room to move around.

ubooze
12-14-2003, 06:35 PM
That Hover Outdoor Education Center would be pretty cool.

http://www.chicagobsa.org/forms/hoover_map.pdf

Thats a map of the campgrounds. I wonder if it would be big enough for all the players. And getting airfills would also be a problem.

http://www.hoec.org/

LaW
12-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by edweird
a little birdy... or atleast a big one informed me that Shatner 3 will most likely be held @ Sherwood Forest in Indiana.

Robin Hood Scenario?

TDonovan
12-24-2003, 05:47 PM
I REALLY hope they put it out there in Illinois. Looking at the map, is the land that fox paintball (my regular field) on going to be included in the large chunk? I live only about an hour away from there, so I could definitely drive a convoy of paintballers in my van.

I've never been to a big game or scenario, and would be glad to play. :) especially if I'm able to get an RT Pro by then instead of using my Tippmann (The Brick).

It'd be even cooler if I saw some of the more famous paintballers out there like Mr. Kaye and Tyger. I might actually have to enjoy getting owned by them.

Anywhere else I can get news on this?

Tyger
12-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by TDonovan

It'd be even cooler if I saw some of the more famous paintballers out there like Mr. Kaye and Tyger. I might actually have to enjoy getting owned by them.

Anywhere else I can get news on this?

Best place to get news on it is probably here. I hpe the "Rumor" of the game taking place in a prison isn't true. I've played in a prison. They make those places NOT to be defendable, you know... NO cover at all...

As far as being "owend" by me? BAH! If I'm doing it right, you'll never know wheer I am, or where the shot came from. :)

-Tyger

Mike Smith
12-25-2003, 05:30 PM
That's true....

Last May 4 (Sunday) I was shooting at the bad guys behind their fort and all of a sudden, I had a big spluge on the back of my hopper. A couple of seconds later, I noticed Tyger, right behind me, shooting over my gun in the general direction of the guys behind their fort......

I didn't know where he was, nor which direction he was shooting......

That was the only elimination I sustained all day, Sunday....

:(

TDonovan
12-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Hah... I have an early warning system though. It's called my 6 foot something friend next to me. He'll take the early fire as he's probably not hiding.

And yeah, a prison game doesn't sound like much fun. They make those so people CAN'T hide (aka: prisoners?).

Tyger, if ya respond. I know what you think of challenge park already, but how is Country Club (cuz ur site says you're going tommorrow)? I was going to go to ccp (tommorrow) but i heard the flooring as AWFUL.

Tyger
12-26-2003, 12:56 AM
CCP? The floor isn't TOO bad, it's a little slick, sure. BUT, it's not awful. You'l get used to it in the first game. There's sill plenty of 'tack', in the backfield it's a little sketch in the sawdust but other than that, it's cool. Bring sneakers, NOT CLEATS.

-Tyger

TDonovan
12-26-2003, 01:50 AM
I'll see if I can make it there! I'll be the guy toting the 50 rd hopper or a brand spankin new phantom if in fact I go.

matmc89
12-29-2003, 05:05 PM
BEAR CLAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thats all i have to say

mikebridge
01-25-2004, 11:53 PM
i've play scenario's at fox, and i don't feel that it'd hold the number of attendees guesstimated for III. parking alone would be a nightmare with their mudball for a parking lot, they'd have to bus people in, and the field simply isn't big enuff for 1000+ players.

Furby
01-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by matmc89
BEAR CLAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thats all i have to say

Werd.