PDA

View Full Version : macroline vs steelbraided hose?

nark
09-05-2003, 05:42 PM
whats better, macroline or steelbraided hose?

afrankart
09-05-2003, 05:51 PM
They both have their pros and cons. I however, will never use anything but macro.

silentdeath55
09-05-2003, 06:12 PM
This has been debated a ton of times on the forum. If you search you should probably find something. But what it really comes down to, is personal preference.

speeddemon
09-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Well, macroline is much easier to deal with, you can cut it to the size you want, you can get colors, you can take it apart at each elbow (although is slowly wears it down as you do it). The big problem with macro is most all of the stuff sold for paintball, isn't rated to handle the pressures that are put through them in a paintball gun. The working pressure is usually around 300, which means the burst is about 900, which is really close the the pressure of CA systems and on hot days CO2. Some places (like Tunaman on this forum) have macroline and fittings that are rated high enough to handle the pressure so it won't blow lines.

Stainless lines only come in set lengths, scratch the gun unless you use heat shrink tubing or something like that. And you have to buy a disconnect to be able to take a mags valve out. They can easily handle the pressure from our tanks.

I like macro better just because of looks, and ease of use (buy a new drop or something, just cut some off the existing piece, or use a new one.) Try and get some good macro though, I have seen a person bust several pieces in hot weather, and mine were fine. Pm Tunaman, he's got what you need.

GT
09-05-2003, 06:32 PM
SS for mags, Macro for everything else.

MHO

CaptaiN_JacK
09-06-2003, 12:42 AM
i have stuff thats like rubber? its rated about the same as stainless, and the same diameter too. its really flexible, like i can put kinks in it its so flexible. but i dont know what its called. some1 here has to know what it is....but yea it tops my list, but it doesnt unhook at the elbows aka its permanently fixed to the fittings.

afrankart
09-06-2003, 08:47 AM
Grease Gun hose

nark
09-06-2003, 08:55 AM
where could i buy some of this grease gun hose?