PDA

View Full Version : I think I owe my future to paintball

hostage
09-05-2003, 06:49 PM
My parents thought when I was in ~8th grade I would grow out of paintball. I am a senior in college and still play. They would keep on bashing the sport and said I should move on.

Anyway, I was reffing at the out door field, when the web engineering department of company came out to play. (Note: I am big into web programming and design). So I talked to them and let one of them use my MAG :D The guy talked to me after I let him play with it and he gave me his card and told me to send him his resume. I sent it to him and lost contact. Well two months later I got a call (past Wednesday). They wanted me to come in for an interview.

As I waited for the intervew I read some information on the company, ie top 100 places to work for etc. I had the intervew and they seemed very layed back. They joked around and asked me the questions that you would expect for an interview. There were seven people interviewing me and all of them were playing paintball when I reffed. Well it went well and after the interview, they introduced me to others as "their newest employee". So I am pretty optomistic that I got the job. They seem like a great group of people to work with.

Later, I tell my parents what happend and my dad told my mom that they should never knock paintball again!

...to be continued
-Doron

muirtach
09-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Very cool. Sounds like you got the job.

manike
09-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Congrats!

I have no doubt I wouldn't have my current job or be doing what I do if it wasn't for paintball. It's a little bit of a roundabout route but paintball got me to where I am now... ;) :D

Steelrat
09-05-2003, 07:00 PM
Outstanding! I know exactly how it feels to finally secure a dream job. Best of luck!

the_next_guy_
09-05-2003, 07:21 PM
sweet, im going to have my mom read this!

MantisMag
09-05-2003, 07:49 PM
that's awesome! congratulations.

GatoLoco
09-05-2003, 09:42 PM
wow, congratulations

DiRTyBuNNy
09-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by the_next_guy_
sweet, im going to have my mom read this!

btw T_n_g, you never told us where in SD you live..

hostage
09-06-2003, 02:46 PM
thx guys! I'll let yall about the out come :D
-Doron

darklord
09-06-2003, 03:24 PM
cool man, I may have to re-invest in a setup sometime before my senior year :)

You're lucky that happened, that is just great!

breg
09-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Very nice, man. Good things can come from any direction. We should all be on the look out.

Bigzamboni
09-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Best of luck. And a good story to tell my the fireside to the grandkids? ;)

hitech
09-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by hostage
They introduced me to others as "their newest employee". So I am pretty optimistic that I got the job. They seem like a great group of people to work with.
-Doron

Congratulations on the new job. "Networking" like that is a very good way to find new opportunities. It couldn't have happened to a nicer "kid". :D

SIGSays
09-07-2003, 08:00 PM
congrats bro...

that's bangin!

what are your parents to say now? HAHAHAHAHA!

keep us updated.. i wanna know all about it

Pballwizz
09-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Sweet, congrats man!

Spleen
09-08-2003, 02:13 AM
sweet! im really into graphics art... but i dont think anyone like that goes to the field i ref at. its mostly backelors and stuff :(