PDA

View Full Version : Splat Attack 3, coming back to chicago?

tony3
09-05-2003, 08:15 PM
I was listening to man cow this morning and he said coming up next splat attack 3 will be returning to chicago, but i had to go to school so didnt here about it:( Could this be the truth, or is Man Cow just bsing

AutomagRT1483
09-05-2003, 08:31 PM
I hope it does, that way I wont have to drive another 15 hours to get there. But, I'll be going no matter where it is.;)

LaW
09-05-2003, 09:07 PM
I would love to be back at emr but oh well I hope they hold it at Fox's then...

Strider
09-05-2003, 09:24 PM
http://www.pc342.com/smile/damnit.gif

No! Thats like 12 hours away! :(

DiRTyBuNNy
09-05-2003, 09:28 PM
I guess the west coast gets no love just like always...it's almost like you people will drop dead if you come west of the Mississippi..oh well...maybe we can get someone else from TJ Hooker to host a game for us out here (I vote Heather Locklear)...

LaW
09-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I guess the west coast gets no love just like always...it's almost like you people will drop dead if you come west of the Mississippi..oh well...maybe we can get someone else from TJ Hooker to host a game for us out here (I vote Heather Locklear)...

Ok I am not against the west coast, just California :) is that ok? I go there once a year and thats enough for me, it costs way to much to get me there

WARPED1
09-05-2003, 09:34 PM
California= Gary Coleman ,governor.;)

DiRTyBuNNy
09-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by LaW

Ok I am not against the west coast, just California :) is that ok? I go there once a year and thats enough for me, it costs way to much to get me there

Yes...well...I can't wait to get out of here myself (average price of a home in my area is $440k)..that's why something like Arizona/Texas/Colorado wouldn't bother me either..

LaW
09-05-2003, 09:58 PM
geez my mothers home was 400k and its about 3x the size as my friends home in rancho santa margarita, i think his was like 550k.... Texas would be fine for me, I would go to a shatnerball in texas :) haha

Sparq
09-05-2003, 10:04 PM
AUGH! NO! It has to stay a reasonably short distance away...or I may not be able to make it.

tony3
09-06-2003, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't mind it at challenge park again, if they actually had enough paint and had good 4500 and 300 air fills

DiRTyBuNNy
09-06-2003, 12:01 PM
that's sure a lot of "if's"...especially for CPX..

Fred
09-06-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm definitely NOT gonna play it if its at CPX again... yeesh... i will show up for the social activities though.

---Fred

DiRTyBuNNy
09-06-2003, 05:06 PM
I just thought about this today... Shatnerball II was a wild west theme but it took place in Pennsylvania? Ummm...when was Pennsylvania part of the "Old West"?...they should have done a revolutionary war theme instead...

LaW
09-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I just thought about this today... Shatnerball II was a wild west theme but it took place in Pennsylvania? Ummm...when was Pennsylvania part of the "Old West"?...they should have done a revolutionary war theme instead...

I think your thinking a little too much into this :) haha

polodude1111
09-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Yeah, CPX would be okay (I even heard they're going to start doing 4500 fills this month). Badlandz would be cool too, but they probably don't have the capacity. Oh well, as long as its in Illinois, its good :D

Python14
09-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Dude, I've got a huge backyard, yall could have it here. Tom could have my room and Shatner could have my brother's room. Everyone else from AO could have my basement(after they clean it).

I wish I could come. I haven't been to one yet, and I really want to, but I just don't have the money to.

logamus
09-06-2003, 10:40 PM
splattattack III in Texas would be ACE!!!!!

WARPED1
09-06-2003, 11:03 PM
I'm in Orlando, so in Texas would be cool, not too far.................

Glickman
12-12-2003, 02:23 PM
I dunno guys, i had so much fun a shatnerball II i might even be willing to travel to florida. ( i live in ny) Boston or california would also make a nice sceanic trip. The oly problem with california is that alot of the fields are in sand. My '03 reflex cocker is sensitive as it is, and i wont wanna ruin my soon to have e-blade. Btw, did anyone know what happend wo mancow at that rush to the tower? i was chosen for that, and after like 2 minutes, i couldnt find him anywhere, although his medic was left behind. did he actually get out? Manboobs doesnt seem like the guy that would bail on us when we on the fron line. anyway, great game, Emr would be great for shatnerball III.

WARPED1
12-12-2003, 02:36 PM
According to the OLN show, Mancow spent most of his time back in his air conditioned trailer.............

Mango
12-12-2003, 02:43 PM
I hope it goes back to Chicago! That was a great town, what a blast that was!!! But if it's at CPX they had better solve the air issues. Otherwise CPX was a great field.

kevdupuis
12-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Strider
http://www.pc342.com/smile/damnit.gif

No! Thats like 12 hours away! :(

10ish for me, but Deb and I will still be going.:D

(edit ) And pray the van doesn't blow up....again.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-12-2003, 02:56 PM
hhhmmm...well...I don't really care where they hold it...I'm probably not going to go anyways...

Jeffy-CanCon
12-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Strider, Sparq -

I will probably go again, even to Chicago. Maybe we could plan a carpool or something. A Canuck convoy...

Fred
12-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Jeffy-CanCon
Strider, Sparq -

I will probably go again, even to Chicago. Maybe we could plan a carpool or something. A Canuck convoy...

great... the invasion begins... first their silly change undermines our currency, now their paintballers... i KNEW there was a reason such a high percentage of Cananadians lives so close to the US Border... :p

I still want it to be at Hell Survivors... but as long as the venue is big enough to handle the numbers I'll try and go again...

---Fred

nippinout
12-12-2003, 03:54 PM
It should not be at CPX whatsoever. BE had the opportunity to not only run a great show but to do something worthwhile for a charity and paintball, but they chose to be nonphilanthropic, difficult, and poorly managed.

This is what JJ Brookshire had to say about the CPX fiasco.

A #3 As for the Paint...Here is the short version of the story. Over one year ago, I approached Forest Brown with my idea for this event. I asked if we could have every interested manufacturer there selling their own paint directly to the players with $20 per case (2000 count) going to the charity.

I understood that the paint would have to be pre-approved to prevent staining or potential damage to the park and the event would have to pay a reasonable field fee per player to cover the cost of the staff requirements since there would be little if any paint revenue generated by CPX.

Forest agreed, Shatner chose CPX and the announcements were made. I then solicited several paint manufacturers/distributors and each agreed with the terms and agreed not to sell below $60 per case so as to prevent one from coming in and "buying" the event by all but giving away paint.

By having multiple brands and near unanimous industry support, I felt we would have greater promotion within paintball and could create a truly neutral event for the good of the charity and the good of the sport.

Now turn the calendar a couple of months forward and in steps E. Lynn Scott. He is the president of Brass Eagle. The same Brass Eagle that owns the majority of the LLC that is CPX. Lynn states that it will be field paint only and that he will not allow others to display their tractor trailer rigs or outside tradeshow booths here as they do at the World Cup, Am Open, etc...

I now have a very hard decision to make. Do I move the event and risk turning off many people who have pre-registered, made travel arrangements, etc...? or do I carry on and hope for the best? I chose something in between. I was aware of the fact that RP had been making the JT paint so I worked hard at convincing Lynn to allow this paint to be sold at the event. This would at least allow players to opportunity to use another manufacturer's paint if they so chose.

Lynn agreed and then it was a matter of praying and waiting. As it turned out, the quality of the Brass Eagle manufactured paintballs (the white and the blue) proved unacceptable to many players in attendance. To make matters worse the $60 paint seemed to be gone about the same time as the game started! Suddenly players were forced to purchase $80 paint or the $100 JT/RP paint. I was not aware at the time that this had happened.

If I had been aware of this situation, I would have strongly suggested that the park lower the price of the $80 case to $60 to accomodate the players. All in all, I'm convinced that the myopic vision of one person resulting in the charity failing to realize thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue and nearly as importantly damaged the reputation of the event, SPPLAT and CPX. The event and SPPLAT are my concern and I will not allow the same thing to happen next year.

As for CPX, it is most unfortunate that they are controlled by a company who has a president that so drastically fails to see the big picture for our sport and in many ways his own company. His lack of empathy for the players seems to drive many of his decisions such as this one. Lynn may be reached at lscott@brasseagle.com.

Fox River Games, however, would be a nice venue.

Smoke
12-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Paintball Sam's in Wisconsin would be great...but there's no way in HELL they'd be able to keep up with the air demand! ;)

Tyger
12-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Rumormill : It's rumred to be held at Sherwood Forest, LaPorte, Indiana. Aout an hour from Chicagoland. If this is true, it's a good venue for it.

-Tyger (Who just got his board flashed. Look out world....)

kevdupuis
12-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Fred

great... the invasion begins... first their silly change undermines our currency, now their paintballers... i KNEW there was a reason such a high percentage of Cananadians lives so close to the US Border... :p

I still want it to be at Hell Survivors... but as long as the venue is big enough to handle the numbers I'll try and go again...

---Fred

And we'll be legally invading en masse.

ps: Jeffy, Deb and I are up for a caravan plus we can handle extra gear if some people are packed tight.

1stdeadeye
12-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Day, Tuna, Newt, Mango:

Another Suburban caravan to Splat Attack III?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-13-2003, 12:35 PM
...guess i'll be hitching a ride there

WARPED1
12-13-2003, 01:04 PM
I'll be coming up from Orlando, I'll have my new Shocker by then.

deathstalker
12-16-2003, 10:01 AM
This morning, Cow said it WILL be back in Chicago. He said they're thinking of making it a "cops and robbers" theme, and he will lead one team while Shatner leads the other. They're considering holding it in a prison (the manager of my Starbucks said someone is turning a certain unused prison into a field, so there might be some truth to it).

Considering Labor Day weekend is about 10 months away, a lot of things could change.

Dayspring
12-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Enough truth for Tom to talk about it last weekend at Throwdown.

It WILL be in the Chicago area. The prison theme is being looked at.

1stdeadeye
12-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Day, Tuna, Newt, Mango:

Another Suburban caravan to Splat Attack III?

Eh, Nick?

Dayspring
12-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Maybe. Depends on where it is. I have family/friends out there that I could crash with and fly to visit.

Muzikman
12-16-2003, 03:17 PM
I would suggest you Jersey gys fly...I mean hell a Newark to O'hare flight has to be dirt cheap:)

I know I'll be there hell or high water!!!!!

tony3
12-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Alittle old.....if it was held in a prision it could be in the old maximum security prision that has been closed for a few years......can't remember the name....dammit

yeahthatsme
12-17-2003, 06:59 PM
if it was chicago i could go prolly...otherwise no...