PDA

View Full Version : too much problems with automag classic

vulteiv
09-05-2003, 10:54 PM
hi, just bought a automag used from the classified off of another website, and man am i having a lot of problems with it. the gun has a dye barrel and an expansion chamber. i recently replace all the o rings. so here's the problem, the gun shoots fine after i strip everything, but after shooting at a pretty fast pace, the gun would just stop shooting, and the back of the gun is very cool. if i stop for a few minute, and then remove the back nut of the gun and let the bolt out and then push it back in again, the gun can shoot again for a few minute. it seems like i've result the gun some how. anyone know why it is doing this? any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

silentdeath55
09-05-2003, 10:58 PM
If you are running CO2 I would say you are just freezing the valve, but you have an X-Chamber. If your X-Chamber is bad then this is probably the problem. You need to keep liquid out of the valve.

vulteiv
09-06-2003, 04:27 PM
yeah, i'm running co2. is there anyway i can test my x chamber?

athomas
09-10-2003, 08:01 AM
You may be getting bolt stick. Did you change the bolt spring when you changed the o-rings? If you didn't, then change it now.

B-Lazy
09-10-2003, 11:06 AM
You really shouldn't run a Mag on CO2. It can/will cause alot of problems (as you can probably tell). My suggestion would be to invest in a nitro tank of somekind.

xen_100
09-10-2003, 12:38 PM
it is most definiatly the co2. if the back of your valve is getting cold, then you are getting liquid co2 into it. this will cause it to freeze up and stop working. make sure you have an anti-siphone tube on the co2 tank you are using. x-chambers do very little to keep liquid out. they just fill up with liquid and then it gets in the gun anyway.

HPA is the best solution to this problem.

vulteiv
09-10-2003, 01:31 PM
man that's one expensive solution!!!!! i only play once a month, and i can't justify spending another 200 on a hpa tank. plus i get co2 for free, so it'll cost more to play. i guess the best solution is to get rid of the automag and get a spyder or tippmann. oh well, thanks for the insight. later

xen_100
09-10-2003, 01:42 PM
well as I said, an anti-siphon tube will help alot.....also running remote will work wonders.

GoatBoy
09-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by vulteiv
man that's one expensive solution!!!!! i only play once a month, and i can't justify spending another 200 on a hpa tank. plus i get co2 for free, so it'll cost more to play. i guess the best solution is to get rid of the automag and get a spyder or tippmann. oh well, thanks for the insight. later

You can get HPA tanks for 60 bucks.

But in your case, I recommend just ditching the mag and getting a cheaper gun.

vulteiv
09-10-2003, 03:57 PM
yeah, i was gonna get a anti-siphon tube and go from there.

Nobody077
09-10-2003, 06:02 PM
I ran my mag for 7years on Co2 without any problems, so it can and is done. Your first move is to get the anti-siphon tank, dont let a shop sell you a anti-siphon tank off the shelf, it has to be set for your gun, allso its a good idea to mark your tank were the up position should be for the anti-siphon so if you ever change you ASA you know how far to screw the tank in.
Also rember not to carry your gun barrel down for very long, this will let the liquid Co2 to run into your air lines and x-chamber. the only way to clear it is vent the gun.

vulteiv
09-10-2003, 06:09 PM
done, siphon tube install, and ready to go. so far so good, hopefully i will have no more problems this weekend. thanks for all the help. later

athomas
09-10-2003, 09:01 PM
The valve will experience the cold phenomenon while shooting CO2. It doesn't mean that liquid is getting in the valve. It just means that there may be some condensation and the valve is not allowing the vaporization back to gas in a timely manner. If the condensation occurs in the tiny passages of the mag, it can choke off the air passage and reduce the recharge rate. You usually notice a velocity shoot down as this is occuring. The gun just doesn't stop firing although in extreme cases when you continue to fire when the gun is freezing, the gun will cough and sputter. If liquid gets in the gun, it usually starts to vent CO2 because it freezes the o-rings. You should be able to figure out the problems you are having by the symptoms you are experiencing.