PDA

View Full Version : Update on my bro's civic...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-06-2003, 06:53 PM
He just got Air-Ride....ITS FREAKING AWSOME! (and some 18 inch rims)

thats all...

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Pics?

SlipknotX556
09-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Yeah pics.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Ill get some soon, of it highered and lowered

-=Squid=-
09-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Im ready for pictorz!

Konigballer
09-07-2003, 01:32 AM
its still just a civic...

SlipknotX556
09-07-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Konigballer

Yeah, but you dont undestand how much civics can be upgraded, its insane what they can look like if you put the time and money into it.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-07-2003, 09:42 AM

He got some 18inch Konig's too.

FalconGuy016
09-07-2003, 10:36 AM

Front wheel drives will always be infinity inferior to rear wheel drives in handling.

Mossman
09-07-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

Front wheel drives will always be infinity inferior to rear wheel drives in handling.

just cuz they aren't as fun and you can't drift and do other silly and dangerous things doesn't make them worse handling.

Something tells me you haven't driven much or at all falcon :)

I REALLY want a 240sx but I can't find a damn unabused one for 300 miles. That thing would be wicked fun but first rainy day *poof* no more mossman ;)

I think i'm getting a GTI now, got my eye on a sick 96, owned by a VW tech. I WANT A VR6 DAMMIT....succch a big engine, suucchhhh a small car, sooooo much fun :P

FalconGuy016
09-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Mossman

just cuz they aren't as fun and you can't drift and do other silly and dangerous things doesn't make them worse handling.

Yes it does :)
Think of weight transfer and distrubution in a turn with front wheel drive. We are talking performance handling too, not just like going to the store or something (unless its MY kind of going to the store :))

Mossman
09-07-2003, 11:53 AM
well yea, there's a reason that most huge power cars are RWD (although AWD is quickly becoming the norm for all cars with good power). But in a normal car, with the engine up front, the weight isnt balanced the way it is in a porsche or something, so for traction and control reasons its nice having a lot of weight over the wheels that steer you and put your power to the road.

When I get my GTI i'll put a good amount of money on a race between me and my car and you in a 'Stang GT as long as theres some curves involved ;)

AcemanPB
09-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Your brother really has a put alot of money into this car hasn't he?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
Your brother really has a put alot of money into this car hasn't he?

Yes, he loves cars like I love paintball.

FalconGuy016
09-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Well, actually, I was talking of the wrong thing mostly. When you are handling and turning corners while racing, front wheel drive cars have a problem with traction with acceleration in the wheels while turning. Its just simply easier to lose control if you hit the turn too hard. So, you will frequently slide a little, losing power, direction, and control. This can be dangerous too if you totaly slide out of control. Plus, there is a problem with torque steer that will steer your car a little in acceleration, causing you to lose control. Control is very important when turning corners quickly. This is all very easy though with rear wheel drive (or, much easier anyways) and you can accelerate through corners while steering with full control, and do all those fun RWD things :)

Another major loss for FWD cars are acceleration. Weight in acceleration is transferred to the back, so, lifting weight off the front. You then burn out for much longer than any good RWD ever would. The general idea that the weight of the engine keeps the car down has almost no play in hard acceleration when it comes to this.

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 06:12 PM
ANTI-RICE!!!!!!!!!
Get something like this...
then you can actually post!

MarkM
09-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Falcon Guy you are just regurgitating info you have gleaned from others not from practical expirience. The back flys out on rear wheel drive way easier than on a front wheel drive so much in fact, that BMW are constantly being lambasted for sticking to rear wheel drive, I have put more cars sideways that have rear wheel drive than any other, torque steer is an issue that you have to learn to control just like back end slide is something you learn to control...when front wheel drives first started to be introduced all the major competitors in the Rally circuit switched to that form as they were easier to control...now of course they have all wheel drive ;) tightly set up rear wheel drive cars can have terrible understeer but you have to compensate...front wheel drive go around corners as if they are on rails...straight line then perhaps you have a point but to actually drive a vehicle then you have to make turns.

FalconGuy016
09-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by MarkM
Falcon Guy you are just regurgitating info you have gleaned from others not from practical expirience. The back flys out on rear wheel drive way easier than on a front wheel drive so much in fact, that BMW are constantly being lambasted for sticking to rear wheel drive, I have put more cars sideways that have rear wheel drive than any other, torque steer is an issue that you have to learn to control just like back end slide is something you learn to control...when front wheel drives first started to be introduced all the major competitors in the Rally circuit switched to that form as they were easier to control...now of course they have all wheel drive ;) tightly set up rear wheel drive cars can have terrible understeer but you have to compensate...front wheel drive go around corners as if they are on rails...straight line then perhaps you have a point but to actually drive a vehicle then you have to make turns.

Im not regurgiatating though. And the accleration through turns is a huge problem for control whether you have experiance or not. I have driven plenty of rear wheel drive cars, and <b>edit: two (98 grand prix V6 and 87 honda accord)</b> front wheel drive car extensively. There is such a difference.

Fleisher
09-07-2003, 07:18 PM
All those classic American muscle cars you've got over there...why the hell do you bother with Jap Crap ?:confused:

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-07-2003, 07:26 PM
My dad has a 71 Nova (its only got a 307 in it...right now)

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 07:27 PM
GO Fleisher!
right on the money...
its a simple term "wigger"

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 07:28 PM
But i dont get the fad of everyone putting rims and wings on every pos import...
idk do people think you MUST have rims and wings on imports...

Fleisher
09-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jon/xpm
GO Fleisher!
right on the money...
its a simple term "wigger"

Wigger ? not got that one my side of the pond:confused:
Most Jap cars over here are used for TAXI'S :D

xadamx
09-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Fleisher
All those classic American muscle cars you've got over there...why the hell do you bother with Jap Crap ?:confused:

i couldnt agree with you more! :D

i think most people bother with jap crap because its cheap as hell and they are cheap(relativly speaking) to upgrade.

Fleisher
09-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Jap cars are fine for everyday use,going to work,shopping etc. but their dull as dishwater.We've the same thing in England ,people throwing $1000 at cars,no matter how they "tart`em up " they're still shopping trolleys.

Mind you British cars aren't up to much either:(

Fleisher
09-07-2003, 07:42 PM
I think I've just worked out "wigger":o :D ;)

Fanatic
09-07-2003, 07:45 PM
ok this debate has cooked on this forum before
blah...blah...blah..

all debates ive read is always domestic vs. imports...fine
but then you compare apples to oranges
ah.....duh!!
imports 4 cylinder cars getting compared to v8 of domestic
if people are goin to debate on these things...at least debate on cars in the same class....that right folks...THE SAME CLASS!!

i find it so amusing for both sides to battle all out of this debate and over all...its just funny.

All those classic American muscle cars you've got over there...why the hell do you bother with Jap Crap ?...cause GOD made different people!

But i dont get the fad of everyone putting rims and wings on every pos import...
idk do people think you MUST have rims and wings on imports......but you didnt state the domestics you find with the same problem?

Most Jap cars over here are used for TAXI'S :D ..could it be because a large v8 car would be a stupid mistake....can you say gas prices?!?

wow...who comes up with these things?!?

yes still a civic....and ive also witnessed a civic doin 7.88 at 203mph...yes a civic

and a full blown v8 can pass that i bet!

geesh people...let it go

hey coffee....tell you bro keep it up...good work

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Fanatic-yea only why that civic can do that
is after you dumb about a million or more into it
you would hope it would get a rocket jet :)

SIGSays
09-07-2003, 08:04 PM
ANTI-RICE!!!!!!!!!
Get something like this...
then you can actually post!

rice rice baby!!

yes i took these pics!

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Fanatic-
i dont get the fad is why every teenager thinks its a must that a honda must have some rims and wings
just some cars dont need it...

some import are awesome
like that one guy who sells his custom supra
for like 35 grand...
stock block producing 900 hp :)
is craWzy!

SIGSays
09-07-2003, 08:07 PM
and another at the carlisle car show.... i can;t believe they are cancelling it.. some people ended up doing it on the bleachers.. and it was wild! it was like girls gone wild car shows... seriously.. it was xXx rated....

yeah i bet you can't guess what this car is...

first person to guess this right get's to be in my sig with there very own title.. :) pm me with what you think it is...

Fanatic
09-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Fanatic-yea only why that civic can do that
is after you dumb about a million or more into it
you would hope it would get a rocket jet :)

and ah...how much would a top fuel car cost and maintain?
so yeah...you point is where?

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 08:09 PM
thats a rice rocket...
rocket-v6 laff :)
hey i still like mercedes, lambo, ferr.z etc
the high end imports...
bring it on SIGSays

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 08:10 PM
any car can go fast with alot of money into
i mean crap... ford rangers can do 9z :)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-07-2003, 08:18 PM
...What if we lived in Japan; would American Muscle Cars be crappy imports?

BTW, hes not suping it up and trying to drag race it, its actually a nice car....can someone not enjoy making their Honda a nice looking car, without some jackass calling the owner a wigger, and the car a ricer?

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 08:25 PM
CoFFeY[NiTrO]-depends wata mean by making it nice

here is a great photo :)

SIGSays
09-07-2003, 08:28 PM
fine

haha my hacked up rsx :)

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 08:28 PM
:D

SIGSays
09-07-2003, 08:34 PM
yes.. jon.. you post the cars we can;t afford.. atleast mine are reasonably in reach... yours are maybe when we become the next Tom Kaye or when we hit our late 20's...

xadamx
09-07-2003, 08:37 PM
mmm mustangs are lovely! haha nice rsx SIG. is that pic up there an accord or a skyline(or niether)? thats my only feeble guess

whats the website to play that game? i used to know it now ive forgoten it

Fanatic
09-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
...What if we lived in Japan; would American Muscle Cars be crappy imports?
BTW, hes not suping it up and trying to drag race it, its actually a nice car....can someone not enjoy making their Honda a nice looking car, without some jackass calling the owner a wigger, and the car a ricer?

in Japan...our domestic monsters are only collected for looks and in rarity in drag circuits..
daily driving for those beast are close to expensive or nearly impossible as for thier stict air laws and their 30k miles engine life limits...over all..it would be in a museum or someones collections...their gas prices are worst than ours

and yes you can enjoy making your car look great...you just got to screen out the tinnie boppers one liners out.

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 09:32 PM
only the saleen s7 and cobra is out of reach...
here is something nice for viewerz eye to glare at...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-07-2003, 09:34 PM
ford sucks....chevy owns

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 09:40 PM
CoFFeY[NiTrO]-ford ownz chevY!

-=Squid=-
09-07-2003, 10:07 PM
I hate it when people say stuff like, "ford sucks," or "chevy sucks." what sucks about either of them? Name ONE thing that makes the entire company and entire product lines "suck."

gamarada717
09-07-2003, 10:28 PM
I hate Fords customer service. Our old explorer that went with us from Alaska to Florida and then to here had always had an a/c problem. We had tried several different dealerships, in all 3 states, yet none of them could fix it. Luckily, we have insurance. It still would have been cheaper to totally replace the a/c rather than fix it in the long run, I bet. Also, we had the firestone/explorer problem, except ours didn't flip and stuff. We just made a bunch of sparks one day. :D

Although, this is just for the explorer and only the explorer, seeing that I have no experience with the other cars. I live in the south, though, and we tend to stick to chevy and dodge.;)

Jon/xpm
09-07-2003, 10:53 PM
gamarada717-ah south isnt more chevy and dodge...
i saw i see alot of GM, Ford and dodge....
just not chevy and dodge...

Mossman
09-07-2003, 11:32 PM
falconguy I'm curious what RWD cars you've driven, cuz something tells me they were a little sportier than the 2 commuter cars you listed.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-08-2003, 07:28 AM
Your right, ford has awsome trucks, but their antique muscle cars will always be owned by chevy's (Corvette, Chevelle, Camaro, Nova, etc.)

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 09:43 AM
CoFFeY[NiTrO]-nope...

xadamx
09-08-2003, 10:34 AM
i agree with coffee... chevy classic cars are amazing and my dream car is a 70 camero ss or a 68 vette stingray but old mustangs are freaking amazing and look awesome to boot

Fleisher
09-08-2003, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
[B]...What if we lived in Japan; would American Muscle Cars be crappy imports?

BTW, hes not suping it up and trying to drag race it, its actually a nice car....can someone not enjoy making their Honda a nice looking car, without some jackass calling the owner a wigger, and the car a ricer? :

No m8,but only `cos you probably couldn't get a muscle car into Japan due to their vehicle laws being written by Nazi's...oh and then there's the import taxes :eek:

ZSigErik
09-08-2003, 05:13 PM
is that an integra, i thought i remembered seeing it in one of my magazines...

Zumina
09-08-2003, 06:09 PM
CoFFeY[NiTrO]-ford ownz chevY!

You drive what your daddy drove.

SlipknotX556
09-08-2003, 06:31 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1007887

Sig, what is that a comp game or something?

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Zumina-how do you know wat i drive
pfff.. you dont!
i drive a 5.0 :)

Zumina
09-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Not the same car, rather brand affiliations.

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 06:57 PM
i dont care wat my parents drive or do or watever
my parents probably want me jetting around in a cavlier or geo ... something to that affect
i know fo sure they didnt want me to get a mustang :p
but does not matter since its my decision...

Benfica4ever
09-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Yea that game is nitto i used to play about a year ago but then i got really really serious about paintball and just really dident feel like playing any more.

Zumina
09-08-2003, 07:34 PM
well enjoy your 5.SLOW :D

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Zumina-in your dreams
wat you drive a lambo :)

Zumina
09-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Just playing around. I don't have a car at the moment, only my lowly ZX6 and Nighthawk 650.

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Zumina-ah and you say all that stuff
yet you got your self a bicycle
i pity the fool which i need to run over now :)

Zumina
09-08-2003, 08:13 PM
Zumina-ah and you say all that stuff
yet you got your self a bicycle
i pity the fool which i need to run over now :)

You'll have to catch me first ;)

Gotenks
09-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Front-wheel drive isn't so bad....

Thats why Integra Type-R's place first so much, like recently in the merdeka(sp) millenium endurance race, where a front wheel drive integra type-r beat m3's evo VIII's, supras, and many other cars.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-08-2003, 09:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2431486202&category=6164 > FORD

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 11:40 PM
ELEANOR!

Lefty
09-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Jon, you have very good taste in cars, but i like GMs Fords and Dodges.

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 11:43 PM
GT-40

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Lefty-im just not ford only
i like alot of different types of cars[even chevy :)]
just dislike wat some people do some imports and others...

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 11:50 PM
here is something i found off a forum :)

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 11:57 PM
article from an anti rice person :)
http://maddox.xmission.com/civic.html

Fanatic
09-09-2003, 12:28 AM
^^

article of a very sad lonely individual.
could be that guy we used to tease in highschool, the one in the back of the class that smelled funny.

why he ask....

just because as individuals....we do what we like

Lefty
09-09-2003, 12:29 AM
LOL...nice trans am

Marek
09-09-2003, 02:01 AM

Why not like both? Had a friend that was all into his Stang, and didn't bother looking that Clipses were nice cars too.

Personally, I would love a Black Trans-Am, 3rd gen.

FooTemps
09-09-2003, 02:30 AM
God damnit... I hate those ricers... They bring all this hatred towards imports. I like my sleeper nissan thanks you very much. It's pretty quick for a 4 door sedan, it's got enough torque to get me going. That's all that matters, practical power. All i need now is better handling...

OfficerGoat
09-09-2003, 04:16 AM
Personaly anyone who loves their ride get props in my book. The guys who piss me off are the Import guys that do the following,

1)Give me the BS Gas milage line.... Ok.. my '01 Formula gets 30mpg, has a 1.8 emmisions rating .. I.E. its a Low emisions Vehical and has 331rwhp to boot. I dono about you .. but I don't have any milage complants whatsoever.

2)Bring up all sorts of excuses when you hand them their ***.... now I have to admit the domestic guys do this too.. soo.. anyhow.. if you get beat.. you get beat.. get over it you got beat.... yeah I'm sure you would have done much better when you get your turbo...:rolleyes:

3)Site purebread racecars that run silly low times. Its a freakin race car of course its fast... the question is did he/she drive it to the track... does he/she go get groceries in it? If not you are comparing apples to oranges. I have seen low 4 second V8s... havent seen any low 4 second 4 bangers though.. hmmm... gee.

4)This one goes to both the domestic and import guys too...shoulda reworded the top of this I guess.... The guys who think the fastest things on the streets are cars.... this dosnt piss me off persay .. but its funny.
Bonestock GSXR 1300 Hyabusa.... 9.8second quarter.... anyone know of any Bonestock street car that goes that fast?

Next thing on my rants here... someone posted about the RealTime acura guys.... those cars are not a particularly good example. One of the things that happens at those races is that the cars are handicaped with extra weight etc depending on wins etc... The M3s dominated heavaly early on in the season and hence were penalized drasticaly with extra weight.

Now lets look at purebread racecars.... Formula1, IRL, Cart, Lemans .. esp LMP900 and LMP700 .... all RWD.

AWD cars... hmmm... can we say drivetrain loss.. Yes the Porche TT is fast and AWD... guess what.. its big brother the GT2 is faster... and... RWD. Freaky.. wonder why they did that. :confused:

Anyhow.. I am a car lover period.. There are several imports I would love to own, Supra, The new style WRX, NSX etc..

Anyhow... back to the original intent of this thread post up some pics. Personaly I don't typicaly like anything bigger than 17s on civics but I'll reserve my judgement untill I see it.

MarkM
09-09-2003, 07:33 AM
GT-40 http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1010271

You sure that is a REAL GT-40...that looks too long and too tall and the headlamps and rear view mirrors are wrong...do you have a pic of the inside showing the gearshift?

MarkM
09-09-2003, 07:57 AM
Mark 1

MarkM
09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Mark II

MarkM
09-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Mark II, top view

MarkM
09-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Mark III

MarkM
09-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Mark IV

MarkM
09-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Gulf GT-40

MarkM
09-09-2003, 08:06 AM
Mirage

Lefty
09-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Yes, that is a GT-40, but it is the new one. Ford just released a 2003 or 2004 model it think. Im not quite sure when they did, but it is on the market now.

MarkM
09-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Yes, that is a GT-40, but it is the new one. Ford just released a 2003 or 2004 model it think. Im not quite sure when they did, but it is on the market now.

MMMM ok ?? strange how it looks like this kit version though.

MarkM
09-09-2003, 07:38 PM
Ah found it...it isn't a "real" GT-40 it is a rebuilt concept car for the Living Legends promotional tour, that explains the bitsa look it has

SatansGun
09-09-2003, 07:52 PM
3 weeks or so ago i saw the 6 remainging(sp) of the 8 mark IV gt40s that run lamans in the 60's and a new one and 3 of the 5 shelby daytons coupes and talked to Caroil Shelby.

Lefty
09-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Well check it out..

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/index.asp?bhcp=1

and

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/bulletin_detail.asp?type=news&id=1&bhcp=1

MarkM
09-09-2003, 08:17 PM
It is still a concept car, the first link says it as a disclaimer for all the pics contained on the site and the second link says car isn't going to be made until next year but sold in 2005. The car shown in this thread is never going to be sold it was never intended to be. Think of some of motor shows with concept cars that never make it to the showroom...this has been "said" that it will be made...what 2 or 3 cars. Even the promotional pics for the so called 2004 made to be sold 2005 have a different light cluster. The Dodge or was it a Chrysler street rod everyone thought this was a joke concept car but it went straight into production as it appeared at the shows.

AcemanPB
09-09-2003, 09:05 PM
I've read an a few articles about the new "GT-40" and from what I understand, it is going to be a production model car. Like you can go to the ford dealership and buy one. Although these will be 70,000+++++ dollar cars so I doubt you will see them at many dealerships.

I'm going to go find that article, I think it was in a popular science a while ago (April I think)

xadamx
09-09-2003, 09:41 PM
you know its funny... we still havent seen the guys civic. what a goofy thread

Marek
09-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by xadamx
you know its funny... we still havent seen the guys civic. what a goofy thread

Isn't the guy that started this thread on a temp ban?

AcemanPB
09-09-2003, 09:58 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88979&highlight=white+civic

Here are some pics he posted a while ago if anyone cares

FooTemps
09-09-2003, 10:08 PM
It been said in 3 car magazines that the ford gt is going to be produced.

Zumina
09-09-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
It been said in 3 car magazines that the ford gt is going to be produced.

I think they're holding it's intro off until the economy rebounds a little.

MarkM
09-10-2003, 06:09 AM
To the last two or three posts regarding the GT-40, until it is made it is STILL A CONCEPT CAR...that is an IDEA, NOT REAL. Wether or not Ford made 3-4 cars that have the "look" of the original GT-40 until it becomes a production car it cannot be counted as being real. Perhaps you have not heard of the RS200, Ford built a handful of the cars to enter and win the World Ralleye Championship and although they were allowed in the mid season to use the vehicle as a concept/design idea, to have it allowed as a legitimate machine they had to produce it and sell a given amount to the public...the number needed to make this a legitimate production car was 200...hence the model designation RS200 (RS stands for Ralleye Sport) There are now a heck of a less than 200 still in existance as they crashed quite a few in the races and testing. The ralley authoritys then moved the goal posts and the following season changed the rules for the power to wieght ratio as the RS200 totally destroyed the competition...the same fate happened to the Metro 6R4 and Audi Quattro plus spectator deaths also meant the Group B cars had to go. So to recap until the NEW GT-40 is produced and sold it is an not real...look at the pics I uploaded it has more in common with the Kit Car than the real models.

http://www.pistonheads.com/milestones/rs200.htm

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Marek - I think you are thinks of SIGSays?

Marek
09-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Yea, thought he was the thread starter. So, any pics then? :)