PDA

View Full Version : N2 Question

o0synge0o
09-07-2003, 04:11 AM
Ok ppl, I'm sure a number of you can prolly answer my questions:

Been a while since I had anything to do w/Paintball(4yrs) and I've since sold all of my stuff, including my old Automag P/F. Now I'm building another Mag since I recently got Automag fever again, and was wondering about N2/HPA, being as I never made the jump from Co2 back when I was playing every weekend. Tank-wise, if I buy a 4.5k tank and a field only has the capability to fill 3k, I should still be ok, correct(they will still be able to fill my tank to 3k i presume... I don't see why not)? That way if/when I play on a field that can fill to 4.5k, I can have the convenience of the extra capacity.

And reg. wise: I've read about various pressures w/the x-valve. I would be better off buying an adjustable I assume, or does the X-Valve function fine at the 800psi rate that the fixed rate tanks offer? What do other X-Valve users find to be optimal pressure?

TiA for your anticipated help.

FooTemps
09-07-2003, 04:16 AM
Yes, 4500 will be fine with 3000 and it'd just allow you to get more shots per fill when you actually hit up a 4500 field. A fixed reg at 800 would be fine since mags function best from 700 to 900 psi. An adujustible would be better for those who want to have more mech bounce or have a built in on/off.