PDA

View Full Version : TK will u be at the gravity games?

fcpchop
09-07-2003, 10:13 AM
well i just read that paintball is the 6th sport in the gravity games and i saw kingman and BE will be there , i know this will be a great promo for the sport, and i think it is only fair for the people just learning to learn about the best company, AGD of course;) so will ya be there?

Automaggin2
09-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Probably not. To short of notice and its a very big venue. AGD only does a few venues a year

Bigzamboni
09-07-2003, 12:45 PM
Hopefully though, paintball will be in the Gravity Games in future years, so companies like AGD have the time to consider attending.

fcpchop
09-07-2003, 07:09 PM
i really hope he does, and i hope he answers my question, i would feel special:D

dinger
09-07-2003, 09:35 PM
IM GOING TO THE GRAVITY GAMES!! :D :D :D

if you're comin, ill see YOU at the paintball booth :cool:

and ill be throwing rocks at those worthless brass eagles

Steelrat
09-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Poor BE and Kingman. Everyone makes fun of them, but without them, how many people would be playing paintball? Not everyone can afford the $500 cost of an affordable gun. Lets just hope they can represent the sport well. Lets also hope some high-end manufacturers are there to show the quality side of the sport.

AGD
09-07-2003, 09:49 PM
It was 30k if you wanted to participate. Thats why its BE an d Kingman.

AGD

DiRTyBuNNy
09-07-2003, 09:50 PM
See how the GG's are a little more corporate than they want to lead on about...oh well...look what happens when you go mainstream...

dinger
09-07-2003, 10:24 PM
i think kingman is fine, i just think its very hassling and dumb to make the guns in the metric system

PIRANHAS ALL THE WAY BAY-BEE

P.S.- does BE own PMI/RPS?

DiRTyBuNNy
09-07-2003, 10:34 PM
no, BE does not own PMI or RPS...I don't think BE has enough worth to even eclipse RPS non-paintball sales.

dinger
09-07-2003, 10:46 PM
lol thats what i thought

even though my friend has been playing paintball for 5 years he doesn't know a whole lot about pb companies :)

besides, if BE owned RPS, what the heck would happen to their pills?? accidentally stick pb paint inside?? :eek:

and also... how on earth did BE become so big?? their suckiness couldn't made them as rich as they are..

DiRTyBuNNy
09-07-2003, 11:01 PM
umm..well...I'm not exactly sure about BE's history but I think they were actually bought from their origianl owner, Aldo Perone (who know runs Skyball) by someone, Daisy or Crosman (I think it was Daisy) and they've just gotten bigger from there. I'm actually looking at picking up some BE stock because at least it's public and allows me to put my money into the sport in another way to support it.

Kevmaster
09-07-2003, 11:29 PM
BE was originally in canada by Perone and bought by Dasiy. It then split off into a publicly held company (te only one in the US for PB). It is now publicly held and widly considered the largest pb comapny. Last year it had gross revenues of over 125 million with 10million in net profits.

their 'suckiness' actually IS what made them so big, along with some good marketing. They started selling PB in wal mart. That was their brilliance. They started the 'low end' market, which is the profitble one. If you ask any field owner, whether they would rather have a field full of tourny players or full of rec players, they'd take rec players any day. MUCH MORE MONEY.

Yes, likely they could purchase RPS should they ever desire to (which I doubt they will-- they are very friendly with RPS at the moment)

fcpchop
09-08-2003, 01:48 PM
tk im guessing thats a no, too bad cus its not gunna be half as cool without u there, but will ne agd teams be there? ps i feel so special the CEO of the best paintball company in the world personally reponded to my question, thats what makes AO an agd the best:)