PDA

View Full Version : Going to the beach

RoadDawg
09-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Man I love SoCal. Here it is september and I can still go to the beach. Woo Woo... just gotta watch out for them sharkies.

Mango
09-07-2003, 02:30 PM
You can go to the beach in Sept. here in NJ, if you dont mind the disgusting atlantic ocean and cold water! :p

Cha0tic
09-07-2003, 02:38 PM
same here in FL. in fact, i was at the beach today. woohoo i love southern florida.

SlipknotX556
09-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Yes, beach is ok if there is surf, if there is no surf, beach is no good.

Where I live in South Florida, we have a major shark problem, tons of bull sharks.

Gitaroo Man
09-07-2003, 03:07 PM
yeah...you can go up here in Norcal but you might get a little shark bite and some frost bite along with it...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-07-2003, 05:29 PM
hmm... I can go to my local lake...(the water is probably in the 80-90 degrees)

Fanatic
09-07-2003, 09:01 PM
hate you!!
im stuck here!!
no beach!! no surf!! no sharkies even...!!!

you know what i got?? catfish!!

how i miss cali

RoadDawg
09-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Ya in central cali a 50 year old lady got killed by a great white, not too long ago. Not to sound mean but that's what you get when you swim with the sharks food and look like the biggest one of them all.

On another note: the beach was awesome. It was warm like 75ish with a slight incoming breeze. Water was kinda chilly and the waves were from 2'-6'. Once it got dark they cleared everyone out of the water due to the rip tide being so strong. Then it came time to roast some hot dogs. I ended up cooking a brot first though. Then we ended the night with a couple of s'mores. mmmm mmmm man I love the beach and So Cali.

gibby
09-08-2003, 01:12 PM
COOL!! TDS and I have been planning on going to the beach but other things always pops up...grrr! 2'-6' waves aren't too bad. She's been wanting to try surfing in our waters but my guess is, she'll have to learn cause our waves drops much faster than the waves in HI. However, we still need to get her a wet suit cause I'm sure our water will be plenty cold for her.

What beach did you go to? Huntington?

1stdeadeye
09-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
You can go to the beach in Sept. here in NJ, if you dont mind the disgusting atlantic ocean and cold water! :p

Mango you are so wrong!

Sept is the best time to do the beach. No crowds, the water is still warm, everything is still open.

Last weekend while you were all at Shattnerball, I was trashing my back on a jetski in OC, NJ. I am going back again this weekend just to relax.

The problem time is August: Jelly Fish, crowds, and seaweed!

RoadDawg
09-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Yes we went to Huntington. When the sun started setting all of a sudden the waters filled with surfers til the Helicopter came and told them to get out due to the water being to dangerous and the life guards were leaving their posts. Then it was desserted.

I've never tried surfing and don't care to either. Reason being I hate salt water and I can't swim extremely well. I say I drown with style.