PDA

View Full Version : Most expensive 68 mag EVER...

Lemon
09-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Did a little thinking, not for any apparent reason, maybe to point out the fact to kids with cockers that think the automag is old and crappy and can't be upgraded. I posted it on pbr too...

Super Mag
- X-Valve w/LX Bolt
- Chord body (black anno)
- System X rebuildable Ball Detent (painted neon yellow)
-- Freak w/black back, neon yellow AA front (cocker thread)
-- Dye Angel Low-Rise (black)
-- Halo B or Clear Egg2
- Centerflag Hyperframe (neon yellow)(locked on semi and set to 12bps)
-- 2002 Dye Sticky Grips (black)
- AGD Vertical Adapter
-- Custom Products gas thru Foregrip
- Shocktech Long Drop Forward (black)
-- Custom Products On/Off
-- Macroline (black)
-- MacDev Conquest 68cu/4500psi
or
-- Flatline 68cu/4500psi (NOT THE BARREL DAMN IT)

The most expensive Mag EVER.

As for the neon yellow, it's kinda like my purple anno fetish but how it would work is like this if you are too cheap to have it professionally annodized (the team TonTon Acyd painted their guns):

Barrel Front
1. Buy a can of flat white primer, a can of neon yellow paint (or any color for that matter, but with dark colors use a black primer), and a can of hard clear coat.
2. Sand the barrel with 220 grit sand paper to a rough finish and rinse the dust off it and out of the porting holes.
3. Tape off the o-ring and threads
4. Cram the barrel full of toilet paper as hard as it will go with the end of your squeegie and make sure you see white through every hole in the porting. Paint on inside barrel = NO NO!
5. I guess you could use a barrel plug for the end of the barrel but put tape on the rings of the plug and don't push it in all the way. We still want the tip painted, just not the inside of the barrel at the tip.
6. Find a ventilated area where nothing like pine needles etc. will fall onto the paint and stand the barrel up in a way it will not fall over.
6. Spray a coat of primer onto the barrel, let it dry according to the directions, then spray a coat of whatever color you have, let that dry, spray another coat of your color, let it dry, then spray on one or two coats of clear coat allowing it to dry completely each time.

The clear coat will protect the paint from scratches or chips because it is hard and because it smooths out naturally it will provide a smooth surface that paint is easily cleaned off. Same goes for the grip frame. Always seal holes with tape or whatever you can think of to prevent paint from getting where it shouldn't.

That's just me though...

Lemon
09-07-2003, 09:56 PM
I am actually looking for some parts to put together another gun. As of now, my inventory consists of a black ULE body, a vertical adapter, and the black CP gas thru foregrip.

I guess this is OT but post or pm me with whatever pieces you have that I may need. This isn't a pressing matter, just a project. I will take all manditory parts like the grip, sear, valve, etc... but I will also look at nicely priced one or three star valves with or without a LX bolt or ULE trigger. 12v Revvs, 12" cocker thread barrels, angel lo-rise, drop fwd's, on/off ASA's, all that kind of stuff I will definitely consider.

It would probably be better to pm me cuz this is off topic.

Any other ideas on what one could do to a mag?

Any little secrets it may hold that aren't obvious to even a heavy reader of forums?

:confused:

sps16
09-08-2003, 01:02 AM
it really wouldn't be a 68 classic mag with the x on there

Steelrat
09-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Thats whats great about mags, theres an upgrade path.

sps16
09-08-2003, 01:09 AM
aw ryans gaining, most post faster

Steelrat
09-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Yes, but they are thoughful and intelligent posts, too.

Lemon
09-08-2003, 02:53 AM
Shhh...
New season of Family Guy is on (in Canada at least)...

*gains a post*

Vida
09-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Ummm... that'd be a real nice setup, but why even start with the 68 mag? You are replacing the valve, bolt, body, grip, etc... Why not just buy a body rail, a nubbin and a sear instead of buying the whole 68 Mag?

Lemon
09-09-2003, 03:43 AM
No kidding. I only realized how few parts there were on a mag. I'm just gonna build one from scratch.

'Shopping List' in the misc trading forum is my thread :P

ZAust
09-09-2003, 06:29 PM
you could thrown an omega rail on there also, tack on another 60 usd.

sps16
09-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Lemon
Shhh...
New season of Family Guy is on (in Canada at least)...

*gains a post*
i went to best buy today and they had season 3 dvd's....must have!!

Lemon
09-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Can Hogue grips fit on the stock mag frame?

sps16
09-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Rouge's grips can, yes

Lemon
09-10-2003, 04:03 PM
HOGUE grips dude.

http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?pid=146&lastcatid=114&step=4

I don't know why I asked. It's obvious they will work.

Hook up a link to rogue grips. I wanna see them.

thecavemankevin
09-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Lemon
-- ULE Trigger Pull Kit

- Centerflag Hyperframe (black)
-- Centerflag 20bps board (locked on semi and set to 20bps)
Boom-shakalaka.

i don't think it would make any sence to put a hyper frame on with UL-T, kinda deffeats the purpose of the UL-T

Lemon
09-22-2003, 08:30 PM
It's tha principalities of it my brotha!

Lemon
09-22-2003, 10:14 PM
...however I revamped my first post, color's and everything lol.

Smitty2k1
10-01-2003, 05:21 PM
My Automag that is currently being built is over $1000, and that is without loader, barrel or nitro.
Oh yeah, its a mechanical mag too... not an electro
Ive been saving for a while and wanted to go over the top.

:-D

H4V0C Z3|20
10-05-2003, 01:53 PM
about the defeating the ULT purpose, i does not trust me. My friend has a Hyper with the new chip and a ULT and a custom Trigger job, he can do almost 22bps with it, and its a mech mag....