PDA

View Full Version : Short Mid End Electro: Want bushy but too tall!

dcmander
09-07-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey guys.

Just doing some future thinking and planning.

I want a mic end electro. No more than 400$ used. I used to own a sonic bushy, some of you may remember that baby.

I really like bushys and I could get one for 300$ that would rock, but I've been using my micromag for awhile and I just don't think I can go back to that height. Even with a lowrise and a rail drop, I still don't think I could go back to that height after using a mag.

I need suggestions on a short mid end electro.

Now I know the mag is probably the shortest gun. But I really want to go back to a microswitch marker. Man the bushy is perfect I just wish it was shorter.

Also don't suggest intimidators. Hate em.

So..Bushy, maybe... Intimidator, no. Matrix, expensive and tall. No.

I'm stuck. Suggestions?

Ov3rmind
09-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Man, no more than $400 used may be tough. My best suggestion would be a used LCD Angel if you can shell out 150 more clams. Or perhaps an E-Mag if you're willing or spend a bit more than that. I would say E-Blade Cocker, but even used those are going for pretty high.

ocelot213
09-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Tribal.

sps16
09-08-2003, 12:34 AM
impulse if your on a budget and e-mag/viking if you can spring for it

dcmander
09-08-2003, 12:34 AM
LOL, i know i'm picky...>But I don't like angels enless they are IR3s.

No tribals.

I know, I am just devoted to the bushy, I just think I won't like the height after using a mag for so long.

Who was the guy who bought a sonic bushy for real cheap, i think around $500-600.. I can't remember who it was. I would like him to post here, I would like to talk to him. I used to own a sonic bushy.

I'll probably just go for a bushy, just wondering if anyone could make other suggestions.

Angel, Matrix, Intimidator, Tribal = NO!

How much is that new Powerlyte gun going for?

dcmander
09-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Viking would be nice except it didn't feel too good when i used one...I guess i like the foregrip real close to the trigger like the mag and bush.

Emag would be nice but I think it will be too much $$. I already am getting an X that I will most likely sell away because of $$.

LIke i said lol, i want a bushy, just a shorter one :p And no one say microbushy lol...Too expensive.

brett
09-08-2003, 09:30 AM
If you are interested in the viking I would try to get one now as the price is going up and that will most likely affect used prices.

xadamx
09-08-2003, 09:57 AM
well i thin that youve effectively eleminated every electro excluding Spyders and Tippmanns. The only thing i can think of is get a hyperframe for your mag or a pretty basic uprising cocker

cheetah256
09-08-2003, 11:07 AM
i'd suggest a tribal too. : )

have you shot one? or are you just wary of buying a gun that doesn't have a company supporting it?

dcmander
09-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by cheetah256
or are you just wary of buying a gun that doesn't have a company supporting it?

Bingo.

I haven't shot one, but I've seen them and they look similar to bushys. They are just as tall aren't they..triple tube stacked?

Marek
09-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by xadamx
well i think that you've effectively eleminated every electro excluding Spyders and Tippmanns. The only thing I can think of is to get a hyperframe for your mag or a pretty basic uprising cocker

What he said and just get the hyperframe. If you've been spoiled by the mag, then chances are you are not going to find a gun that is close to the height of it. Maybe an e-cocker or angel, but not in that price range.

dcmander
09-08-2003, 02:04 PM
The ISIS looks perfect. Everyone says that it is coming out at cup. Which cup, and when is that?

And I would defiantly spend a ilttle extra for an ISIS, it looks perfect for what I want in a gun. And I love powerlyte. I have a scepter.

I think it is 600$ for the base model and 700$ for the model with the LED and ACE. I wish I could get it with the ACE and no LED...I wish more ACEs had a switch like the bushy instead of having to have a LED or LCD to control it.

I'll probably wait for the ISIS..Maybe play with my Xmag when it comes until the Isis comes out.

sps16
09-08-2003, 05:15 PM
those venom bushmaster are really nice, their not to tall either

personman
09-08-2003, 05:22 PM
I think that was arkfear with the sonic bushy.. orange I believe? Nice gun :D
Whoever suggested impys, isnt very smart because there very close to the same size as a bushy, if not the same size. Ive never held a bushy so I wouldnt know. I havent heard anything about the omen and I dont know the size of it but I think its a little smaller than a bushy.. If all else fails you can get a spyder :p

Ov3rmind
09-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Oh, so I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting the Isis.

pbcustom98
09-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Check it out...i believe its $400 or under used..check ebay as they have them on there most of the time. i like mine. :)

Daniel

Treefall25
09-08-2003, 06:13 PM
def try out a omen everything u would want plus ALOT more.

xen_100
09-08-2003, 06:17 PM
I dont think you will have a problem with the hieght. it is only about 1" taller than your mag. I have a mag and a spyder, spyder and bushys are about the same height wise. I have no problem going from one to the other.

walker2287
09-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Oh, so I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting the Isis.

me too

sps16
09-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Isis?

Ov3rmind
09-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Yep, here's a link (http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=666).

Knowing Powerlyte, this should be awesome.

the_next_guy_
09-08-2003, 09:05 PM
I love the way the bushy plays. When I bring it up it is right at eye level. Anyway, get that alien.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=994909

p8ntballsnowman
09-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Well if you can get a bushy for 300, you could but a used warp for probly 100$ which would still be about 400$, but it wouldnt be nearly as tall.

Angry Man
09-09-2003, 12:09 AM
I'd get a bushy I guess...they're a lot lighter than impulses. New shockers are nice too, but way out of your price range.

Personally I'd take a timmy over anything but maybe a featherlight viking, angel 4, or new shocker with vision, but I'm biased and I know you don't like them.

Bushies really aren't that tall, so if you get a no rise and no drop forward they're fine...really light too. It's all you can afford besides an impulse (which is an alright choice too I suppose)....so quit whining and get more money or get a bushy.

Mossman
09-09-2003, 06:31 PM
spend a little over 500 for a bushy with matching freak. Better make sure its sick though with a new frame and a whitewolf anno job, and a vapor no-rise. CRAZY SMALL

oh wait, does sam have one? is sam's for sale so he can buy a GTI? I reckon it is! Check it out :)

www.superneato.com/super/bush/
and www.superneato.com/super/bushy/

specs are linked to on the bottom of the bushy/ gallery page

TecnoRobo
09-09-2003, 07:36 PM
i didnt read the whole thread so i dunno if someone mentioned this or not but...

at vaporworks.com theres a vapor no rise if you dont like tall bushies...

eric
09-10-2003, 02:47 PM
If youre looking for something you can throw tons of paint with go with the bushy, theyre jsut as fast as the high end guns.
If you want an all around great gun get an Evil Omen. Got mine 2 days ago and it is really really nice.

Treefall25
09-10-2003, 08:08 PM
i m telling u omen

*ArKfEaR*
09-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by dcmander

Who was the guy who bought a sonic bushy for real cheap, i think around $500-600.. I can't remember who it was. I would like him to post here, I would like to talk to him. I used to own a sonic bushy.

That would be me :p

Go bushy man, It rips. I outshoot my friends egg, its mad consistant. Ridiculously light, along with how compact it is (with a 45cu tank, micro drop, and 10 inch barrel)

If you can find a good deal just go for it, if not do this:

Brand new b2k for $299 (http://shopping.netledger.com/app/site/site.nl/site.ACCT121803/mode.items/sc.2/category.20/it.A/id.3893/.f;jsessionid=b1415027a86d46a4aa9b82854d14e596sCxK rBQBA)

Get, (assuming you have tank, hopper, drop) Barrel (personally i would go with a Freak kit with new SS inserts or CP 2-piece) Reg, (sidewinder or gladiator nothign else) then do all vapor upgrades. Hoseless micro rock SMD, vapor valve, vapor bolt, vapor trigger, vapor mods. SP Mod, and that should add up to around $600 for a brand new ripping gun thats about 95 percent unchoppable. As well as 20 BPS Capable ... :D GL

Otherwise just search for a used bushy.

dcmander
09-10-2003, 09:32 PM
I think I'm just going to wait for the ISIS. I have my micromag right now, and no one has offered what I'm looking for yet (which is kinda good cause i get to still play PB) and i have my xmag coming in dec/jan so i will probably just wait till i get the x, maybe then i can get a used isis cheaper.

I just hope i can wait! i fear ill like the isis ill buy one new! :)