PDA

View Full Version : Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (SpikeTV!!)

BobTheCow
09-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Oh... my... God...
This show (and channel) is my official coolest/funniest thing for the week. I really don't know how to explain it, maybe somebody else who has seen it could do a better job.
Basically, here's how it boils down: I love Kung Pow. This show is the same idea... originally a (really strange) Japanese game show type thing, that's been re-dubbed in English, except they definitely aren't saying what was originally said in Japanese.
What makes it even more hilarious is the bizarre stuff that the contestants hafta do, usually inovolving some sort of self-mutilation. FUN!!
Again, watch it and then you'll understand. It's on SpikeTV, "The First Network for Men," and it's AWESOME!!
Of course, this IS coming from a huge Kung Pow fan. :rolleyes: :D

BTC out.

**edit** Did anybody ever figure out why the poll choices do that / thing? And if so, how I can fix it?

lopxtc
09-08-2003, 03:27 PM
In Unix worlds the \ is a delimiter ... meaning its used to take away the special meaning of a character.

Both the ' " quotes are typically used when defining strings in a variable, but they can also be used in single entry variables depending on the language or shell you are programming in.

Normally the ' and " are ignored by the shell/compiler since its considered part of the language ... so if you want to have the ' or " actually part of the statement you need to delimit the ' or " so as to take away their meaning and make them just a regular character.

So if I were to do the following;

$GREETING='Hello World, it's a good day' ...

would screw up the program since it thinks the string value would end with the ' in it's. So I would need to write it like this;

$GREETING='Hello World, it\'s a good day' ...

My guess is that the poll option is doing this on its own, and the actual \ isnt needed so thats why you see it printing out to the screen.

The quick and easy explination.

Aaron

BobTheCow
09-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Wow... that actually makes sense!!
Thanks!!

gamarada717
09-08-2003, 05:36 PM
DUDE! I was just about to make a post about this! I love that show! Like when games start, that guy goes, "Get it on!" I've only seen 2 episodes of it, but I loved the glory hole one and the one where they have the horse suits on. Also, the things they say before they compete is hilarious. The streek mark one was funny, also.

BobTheCow
09-08-2003, 05:39 PM
lol I've actually only seen one or two myself.
I like the game where they hafta run through the maze of doors, with the three other guys coming after the contestant, and some doors open into water.
Or anything that involves them jumping, because you usually get to see them flatten themselves against a wall. :D

Derman2k
09-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
because you usually get to see them flatten themselves against a wall. :D

That is the best one that they do. Did you see the one when a guy actually broke one of the wooden doors?

BobTheCow
09-08-2003, 09:04 PM
aaaaaaahahahahaha
Unfortunately, I can't say that I have. That just means I gotta watch MORE!!

FalconGuy016
09-08-2003, 09:09 PM
Hmmmm, no tv me have.

Hmmmm, kazaa me have :)

gamarada717
09-08-2003, 09:28 PM
I saw that one derman! LOL, I loved that guy that was like in the fourth round of doors that had the japenese outfit on....I almost piss my pants every time i watch that show.