PDA

View Full Version : All impy fans is this worth it?

jarley77
09-08-2003, 04:57 PM
-Voodoo delrin bolt
-Ti pull pin
-Stainless steel Evil hammer
-Eclipse blade trigger
-Smart Parts "sticky" grips
-Hallo No rise hopper with o-ring groves
-High volume front cap drilled for LPR
-Vertical Maxflo Reg
-New version of the cricket board
-Free choice of single colors
-Lifetime of free service
AND- one of the best single upgrades you can do to an Impulse*- VFF installed

?? All for $560 ??

laxster08
09-08-2003, 05:06 PM
very very good...get it...that thing will rip like anything...if u got nitro and an egg u will be allset but if u dont' u gotta get nitro and egg

f3rr3+
09-08-2003, 05:21 PM
egg... ewwwww get a halo... they are sweet....

jarley77
09-08-2003, 05:24 PM
thanks for your opinions
any more

EsPo
09-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+
egg... ewwwww get a halo... they are sweet....
Halo + imp = no unless you get the halo detents.

Unless it's vision or milled, dont do it.

And play with an impulse before buying one.. i had much trouble playing with mine due to height issues..

-=Squid=-
09-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Not very very good like one man said, but its not bad. Its a pretty average deal. If you like imps, go for it...but for that price new you can get a rat JR, which IMO is a better gun. Oh, lets not turn this into an anti SP thread ;)

Darkling
09-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Not trying to turn it into one, but what happened to the boycott?

jarley77
09-08-2003, 06:52 PM
its not for me its for my little bro his buddy and him want one to start a team and for some reason they dont like mags but they like this so i was just seeing if this was a good deal just trying to get them so info on what to buy because they dont want mags but me on the other hand i have a emag on the way so i am happy:D :D :D

Jon/xpm
09-08-2003, 07:07 PM
check out
e-paintballoutlet.com
they have some sweet deals on different kinds of rats...
Thnxs
Jon/xpm

wobbles82
09-08-2003, 07:09 PM
As nice as it sounds, the Rat Jr. is a better buy. You get the sweet milling, and a buncha features. You can build that brand new marker customized for about 10 bucks less. Just my two cents. Oh...and if you plan on getting an Egg or Halo..ditch the Vision, I turned it off anyways lol.

Twisted Greed
09-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

Halo + imp = no unless you get the halo detents.

Unless it's vision or milled, dont do it.

And play with an impulse before buying one.. i had much trouble playing with mine due to height issues..

Espo what are you talking about, the stock double detents worked fine with my halo for 10 months before I got new detents

jarley77
09-08-2003, 10:02 PM
thats where i got this deal from
http://e-paintballoutlet.com/
third one from the top
is it still a good deal?

kenndogg
09-09-2003, 03:28 AM
Doesn't a Bushmaster w/ PDS fall in the same price catergory? Look into those as well.

-=Squid=-
09-09-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by jarley77
thats where i got this deal from
http://e-paintballoutlet.com/
third one from the top
is it still a good deal?

Oh...I still say buy a rat Jr, cheaper, better, same site. ;)

TheTramp
09-09-2003, 09:01 AM
I'm going to agree with the Rat choise. Personaly I think it's one of the best deals in paintball today. If you can at all afford it, get one with an LPR already instaled. It'll make the Imp absoultly sip air.

With that said, the deal you're looking at isn't bad, it's just not as good a deal as the Rat.

CobraC
09-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Rat imps are the way to go, very good deals and sweet looking guns. I'd advise on getting the LPR instead of the VFF, you'll get so much more performance out of it. And some impy detents require you to replace them for the use of a halo, mine did not. Which made me happy because it saved me the money :)