PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Woes

Redfern27
09-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Just recently I installed an x-valve to replace my classic. Ever since I first installed the new x-valve, I get zero trigger response. The trigger assembly remains limp and of no use to fire the marker. I then added a ULE on/off to see if that would remedy the problem. Nothing still. I've tried changing the trigger rod length. I've tried an assortment of thicknesses(taking shims in and out) in the ULE on/off. Still nothing. My tank runs into a Palmer stabilizer, which I set to just a hair over 700 psi like I'm supposed to and I get zero love from the new valve. Does anyone have an idea as to what the hell is going on?

RenagadeOfFunk
09-08-2003, 05:39 PM
raise the psi input...more psi more response :) thats why when ever i have a full tank i get a better response...

BlackVCG
09-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Sometimes we all overlook the most simple thing...

Have you tried turning up the velocity? If there is no pressure on the sear, keep turning it up until you hear the gun gas up and then start shooting it and turning it up until it seems like it's shooting well.

Redfern27
09-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Thank you guys for the responses, and yes I have tried turning up the velocity. All I get is a fat air leak out of the barrel until I turn off my air supply. I'm not sure of the source of the leak because I have double checked all of the o-rings and I haven't changed the carrier to a larger size (it's still the original size 1). I can hear the valve charge when I turn on the air, yet the trigger assembly sways listlessly without the familiar click from the trigger pull nudging the sear. I will try turning up the velocity past the leak point, and I hope dearly that it works. Any further thoughts?

atomg18
09-09-2003, 09:35 AM
i have an x valve and just recently put the ule trigger pull on it as well. I run my tank at 800 psi. and it shoots fine. So i'd run a higher psi. I screwed in a tank that only had about 600psi left in it and it just leaked like you said, which means the valve isn't gettin enough to pressure. hope that helps

ASDadam
09-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Try removing the Palmer and running it straight to your valve. Then cranking up the PSI to 800 and working from there.

ballin-or-rn
09-09-2003, 01:54 PM
hey guys, i get the same symptoms. upping input and velocity helped. i had to use a carrier which was less snug. it depends where ya live i guess.
tangent- any of you guys who switched over to an x have to nudge in your trigger group against the valve so it can enter the main body? i do. the trigger works fine after upping the P, but its funny you know.
later.

athomas
09-10-2003, 07:49 AM
You've got bolt stick, big time.

Don't use the Palmer stabilizer. It just adds another restriction and will actually starve the gun.

Put the trigger rod back to its original length.

The level 10 was probably not tuned for your valve. You should check the carrier sizing and remove all shims to start. Put the regular on/off assembly in the gun until you get it to fire properly. Put plenty of oil in the powertube before you gas the valve up. Turn the velocity up until the gun fires.

afrankart
09-10-2003, 09:53 PM
you are probably starving your gun. I just got my new dynaflow filled for the first time today. When I hooked it to my gun, I noticed I was leaking from my bolt. I looked at the pressure guage and it was @250. As I upped it, the hiss continued and the trigger was unresponsive until I got it @700ish. The sear immediately locked up the bolt, and the leak went away. Now that it is turned up to 900ish, it works GREAT, although I did have to remove a few ULT shims:D