PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Firing Problem??!!

APowers365
09-08-2003, 08:19 PM
I went and played with my mag the other day. It has level 10, obviously. I am not sure what carrier or how many shims, but it doesn't leak at all, and it is using the shortest (level 7) spring. Well heres the problem: some (a lot) of the time when I went to shoot, my gun did not. It acted like it was going to chop a ball and hit the ball and reset, like any good level 10 should do. At first I thought it was just my level 10 resisting to chop a ball when I laid on the trigger. But then after a while, when I have not been shooting for awhile, and the ball had to be fully in the chamber, I would shoot once, and the level 10 would bounce off the ball and reset pushing the ball slightly down the barrel so the next ball would be in the chamber and then cause a pile up of balls in the barrel. I am either thinking this is a level 10 problem or a ball detent problem (I just got a new lapco bigshot, but it has the plastic nubbin so...). I don't think it's a ball detent problem, I'm pretty sure it's a level 10. It seems that the ball provides enough resistence against the bolt that when the bolt hits the ball it resets. Like the bolt is not going fast enough to completely fire the ball (Like if u stuck your finger in the breech the level 10 would hit your finger and reset) so when it hits the ball it resets but the ball goes 1/4 the way down the barrel. I haven't oiled my gun in awhile and I am thinking that's the problem since level 10's are "oil hungry". But what exactly should I oil and how much oil should I use?? And if it is not an oiling problem, what else could it be?? Sorry for my extremely long description but I think it was needed for you to understand.

Thanks.

ChucktheMAGician
09-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Mild bolt stick maybe? I think you're on the right track w/ thinking more oil. I'd put 1 or 2 drops down the powertube and try that. If that doesn't fix it you may want to try the next larger carrier and see if that works w/out leaking. Good Luck.

APowers365
09-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Oh I forgot to mention that if I try to pull the bolt out of the powertube it requires some force. I am not sure how tight it is supposed to be in there but its kinda hard to get out.

Also how do I tell which carrier is bigger?? They all look the same, lol.

ChucktheMAGician
09-08-2003, 08:54 PM
Yeah, that carrier is to tight, you just want a little friction. The carriers have rings and dots. Rings = 1 and dots = 1/2. I'll get you a link too. Here's one, http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml Oh, and I saw your cartoon, you may want to take a break from paintball and life in general, and go see a shrink!;) :eek: