PDA

View Full Version : Barral Problem, wont lock in place.

spectra260
09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
I got a rt off ebay and it came with a boomstick. The problem is I can slide it into the gun but it wont turn to lock in place for it dont just come out. I can turn if if I get a really good grip but it should be able to turn by hand. I think thers somthing wrong with that lil stub inside the main body. Can you buy a new stub or is it connected to body? I can try file'ing a lil off where it seems to get stuck on the barral. I can see that it is dragging and wont go over the bump to lock in place.

What do you guys think? Oh and btw the stock barral works fine.

ChucktheMAGician
09-09-2003, 07:29 PM
You can adjust the tension on the twist lock assembly. Take it out, hold it w/ a pair of pliers and use a 3/32 allen wrench to unscrew the screw on the bottom. Hopefully this will work, I've never had to do it myself but it would be the first thing I would do if I had the same problem. Good Luck.:)

danheneise
09-09-2003, 10:57 PM
just do small incremental (spelling) adjustments on the screw though, mine didn't need too much to get it to slide in nicely, and yes you can replace the stub (twistlock) but isn't necessary, the only time you'd ever have to remove it is if you put on a ule body : )

athomas
09-10-2003, 07:41 AM
If the barrel slides into the body, then the twist lock assembly is fine. Don't loosen it. Do some carefull checks to find out what the barrel is fetching up on that prevents it from turning. Maybe there is something stuck at the back of the body that is preventing the barrel from going in all the way. Maybe you are using the wrong groove for the twist direction you need. Maybe the twist lock assembly is bent. Check it. If it is bent then you willneed to replace it. There are lots of things to check that will tell you what is happening.

If all fails, take the body off the gun and put the barrel into the end and see where the groove is with respect to the twist lock hole.

Pullman
09-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Some times the frame screw (the screw that goes through the trigger frame, rail, and into the body) will stick out into the body. That will stop your barrel from going all the way in. To test this just back off the screw a couple turns. If the barrel goes in now, that is your problem. You can solve it by buying a tiny washer at the hardware store and putting it between the screw head and the grip frame.

Hope that helps,

:D