PDA

View Full Version : Omen upgrades?

fcpchop
09-09-2003, 07:41 PM
r there lots of upgrades for an Evil Omen and what would u get, is there and upgrade for the board? im considering one lmk

fcpchop
09-09-2003, 08:53 PM
any body?

-=Squid=-
09-09-2003, 09:03 PM
Other than a barrel and mabe a drop, there are no current upgrades for the Omen. Heck, its barely even been released. Sorry. For the price, and with the crazed SP issue (assuming your a hater) go for it...

penguinpunk555
09-09-2003, 09:03 PM
no need to upgrade board from what i understand it goes to 31 but i think its capped at like 18 or somthing i might of heard wrong

Spartan X
09-09-2003, 11:24 PM
capped at 15 bps, futr boards in the works...maybe at world cup...HUGE is testing a morlock in his now....

fcpchop
09-10-2003, 07:32 PM
how bout lprs do they fit up in thoase?

-=Squid=-
09-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by fcpchop

Nope, but I wont be surprised if they are eventually.

jinxed
09-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by fcpchop

Exactly what would the LPR do?
The OMEN does not have any pneumatics.

nick

*ArKfEaR*
09-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by jinxed

Exactly what would the LPR do?
The OMEN does not have any pneumatics.

nick

Its to run your operating pressure lower: More shots per fill, easier on paint.

Such as Microrock SMD Adapters for the Bushy, or the LPR Mods for the Impulses. Wait ... forget about the matrix?! :rolleyes:

thei3ug
09-11-2003, 09:21 AM
umm, the omen uses a blowback valve for the hammer and bolt.

Why would you use a LPR?

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-11-2003, 09:42 AM
Don't know about upgrades, but don't purchase one with a silver trigger. They were the first to be released and had trouble. They don't tell you this but the ones with black triggers are basically the second editions of Omens. They should have no problems what so ever.

fcpchop
09-11-2003, 01:40 PM
thankx

spydervenom
09-11-2003, 05:10 PM
actually black triggers are #3 or 4

jinxed
09-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*

Such as Microrock SMD Adapters for the Bushy, or the LPR Mods for the Impulses. Wait ... forget about the matrix?! :rolleyes:

In all those cases, the LPR is used to prove pressure for pneumatics, which the OMEN doesnt have.
Plus, I hear that it can already run very low with its stock reg. The PMI catalog lists the OMEN reg for $100... too, that might mean its decent?

spydervenom
09-12-2003, 05:39 PM
o yeah, i am begginning to produce some 15° adaptors for omens that basically match the same scheme as the stockies.

paintball man 222
09-13-2003, 12:47 AM
i have the evil omen that is owned by my friend and i am thinking about buying it, it has the silver trigger. so far no problems and i am going to test it out on sunday. i want to know if there are any upgrades, i am sure there will be some later on, so far i dont know of any.

poolshark5226
09-13-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by jinxed

In all those cases, the LPR is used to prove pressure for pneumatics, which the OMEN doesnt have.
Plus, I hear that it can already run very low with its stock reg. The PMI catalog lists the OMEN reg for $100... too, that might mean its decent?

you're missing the point...first of all, what "pneumatics" does the Impule or Bushy have that the Omen doesnt? far as I Can see they all have 2 major pneumatic...things (dunno what to say lol)...a valve and a solenoid.
Also low OP isnt the point of an LPR. The point of an LPR is to gain effeciency and lessen bolt pressure (stock Impy runs at 150psi or so, with lpr's they run closer to 200, for better efficiency..I would assume its the same for bushies) It's uber late, I'll explain more later if necessary.

spydervenom
09-13-2003, 09:02 AM
lemme try to work this out.
i know very little about LPR's but do know some from the guns i own.

dont LPR's just apply pressure to the bolt or whatever solely for cocking purposes and thats all really. i know on a timmy the LPR lowers the pressure going to the solenoid that shoots the ram around inside the body.

but how could you get the lpr on there that would shoot the hammer to go backwards and either have enough force to shoot a ball or allow other air to pass thru the valve to shoot the ball?

but omens dont have any pneumatics. they dont have a solenoid that passes air thru it...only electricity.

think electronic spyder with some fat cut off and other changes...

*ArKfEaR*
09-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by spydervenom

but omens dont have any pneumatics. they dont have a solenoid that passes air thru it...only electricity.

lol what do you mean only electricity? Im not any Omen expert but im sure 95% sure it has a solenoid otherwise the gun wouldn't fire (unless it uses like an infared beam like a A4.)

But anyway, are you guys retarded...

Bushys, BKOS, Impules, and Matrixes... oh yes and your beloeved Omen ALL DONT HAVE PNEUMATICS EITHER!

They have an LPR and a valve, which your beloved omen has as well.

Do they have 3-ways? No, do they have a manual rams? No.

By putting a Micro Rock, or any other LPR Reg you can lower the Pressure much lower. Just because they are most of the time 5x better than stock. Helping lowering the bolt pressure and making it more consistant.

*ArKfEaR*
09-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Directly from the Omen Manual, and you people make fun of the '03 Shockers way of saying its closed bolt.

spydervenom
09-13-2003, 11:18 AM
do you know what you're saying?

omens are sear trippers therefore their solenoids have little electronic rams that trips a sear.
they dont have an lpr, trust me.

and doesn't having a pneumatic ram and solenoid mean a gun has pneumatics? i believe so. and i know for sure that angels and bushies and imps all have those.

omens are true closed bolt...they dont stop the bolt before shooting or w/e the shocker does. i dont understand what you are trying to say.

and no you arent an omen expert, thanks for clarifying.

FalconGuy016
09-13-2003, 11:35 AM
I know an omen tech who says "STAY AWAY" to anyone that asks him anything about omens. He has repaired hundreds, and is sponsored by evil so he gets basically free ones.

spydervenom
09-13-2003, 01:08 PM
i'll take one off his hands

*ArKfEaR*
09-13-2003, 01:30 PM

and doesn't having a pneumatic ram and solenoid mean a gun has pneumatics? i believe so. and i know for sure that angels and bushies and imps all have those.

No, no and no.

I said they don't have a pueumatic ram and but they do have a solenoid. And Sear trippers have solenoids, just look at an E-blade.

And they do have LPRS, you call it what you want. Just wait a couple months when they have LPR mods so I can laugh. :rolleyes:

Omen expert or not, its common sense.

spydervenom
09-13-2003, 01:39 PM
k then, define a pneumatic gun to me since you seem to know everything.

and i said it has a solenoid, but it doesn't have a gas-thru solenoid like all other true electros do like imps, timmies, bushies and angels.
-you said i was wrong
-you now say i was right

they do not have LPR's. they have some springs...one of the springs adjusts the tension on the cupseal of the valve, one spring adjusts the dwell, one spring adjusts something else.

there are no low pressure regulators on the omen.

in a few months if they come out with lpr's thats a totally different story. i doubt they will but that still doesn't mean they have them on now.

Gecko
09-13-2003, 07:35 PM
omen's work on the same principle as a spyder tippman or a pirahnna
it's a blow back sytem, the hammer is held back by a sear, the sear is tripped hammer comes forward releasing gas to fire ball and also air back into the hammer chamber to drive the hammer back to catch on the sear.
The omen is different in that the bolt is not connected to the hammer. (hence closed bolt) The bolt is drawn back with the hammer but does not stay back like a spyder.
The omen adjusts the amount of blowback going into the chamber to reset the hammer on the sear. It allows you to fine tune the amount of gas used to drive the hammer back. Very similar to how the ICD family off blowbacks. There is no low pressure to adjust, there isn't a constant flow of air that keeps a ram forward or back all you can adjust is the amount of air going back to the hammer. You could slap a spyder frame on the omen and it would become a closed bolt manual gun. The trigger and sear action is identical to any of the the 8 million other blowbacks on the market.

Your confusing two terms that are different but sound the same
solenoids are devices that use magnectic force to push or pull like the emag

electronic air valves like what are found in impulses or vikings use a solenoid to push a valve open wich causes a ram to drive forward. These air valves are often refered to as solenoids hence everyones confusion
The eblade uses 2 solenoids, one to release the hammer and one to actuate the air valve up front.

WARPED1
09-13-2003, 07:46 PM

omens are sear trippers therefore their solenoids have little electronic rams that trips a sear.
they dont have an lpr, trust me.

Are you sure? I thought for sure it wasn't a hybrid, but a "true" electro semi.

spydervenom
09-13-2003, 08:03 PM
they incorporate the same sear tripping technology as an e-spyder, emag, e-cocker and anything else that uses an electromagnetic solenoid for sear tripping

Top Secret
09-13-2003, 10:59 PM
There are no pnuematics. As far as I know with the limited experience I have with the Omen, the Adjustible recock changes how hard the bolt moves back and forth(aka adjusting the blowback force). The lower the better in extending the bolt bumper life. An LPR would do nothing because there are simply no solinoid that has air passing through it.

paintball man 222
09-14-2003, 12:44 AM
so i can put a spyder trigger frame or a eblade trigger frame onto my omen?

Josh2Xtremes
09-14-2003, 04:02 AM
Having given careful thought to this thread in its entirety, it sounds to me like the best upgrade for an Omen, at this point, is probably an Automag.

spydervenom
09-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by paintball man 222
so i can put a spyder trigger frame or a eblade trigger frame onto my omen?

spyder would be incredibly difficult but eblade has been done :)

fcpchop
09-14-2003, 06:24 PM
thats awesome, i would love to c that ebladed omen:)

paintball man 222
09-14-2003, 08:28 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1008190

here you go

eric
09-14-2003, 09:10 PM
and i thought MY omen was ugly.

fcpchop
09-15-2003, 01:39 PM
thats not ugly thats great, i bet u that rips, is it yours?

thei3ug
09-15-2003, 04:36 PM
ALL PAINTBALL GUNS are Pneumatically operated.

Any tool or object that is operated, controlled, or uses in some form compressed gas, is pneumatic.

A spyder is pneumatic. It has a valve that regulates the release of gas to a ball, and to a sealed hammer.

In all blowbacks, the hammer doubles as a "pneumatic ram."

In pump guns, A hammer actuates a pneumatic valve.

Yes, the Omen does indeed have pneumatics.

a solenoid is an electromagnet. It has nothing to do with pneumatics.

A solenoid involves a coil that moves an iron core back and forth. You can use a solenoid for many things. tripping switches, tripping sears. Interestingly enough, people like skinner and parker have made solenoids that change airflow from one output to another. These are called solenoid valves.

However, the Omen does not have a ram like a cocker. It does not have a ram like a bm2k/angel/impulse. It has a ram like the spyder. A sealed hammer that is spring driven hits a modified Sheridan Pellet Gun valve, and is returned by air diverted from the exhaust valve. Where exactly is the problem understanding this?

Next there seems to be trouble with the definition of low pressure regulator. A LPR is a regulator. It takes gas at one pressure, and lowers it to another. a Low Pressure Regulator is a somewhat subjective term, in paintball it usually puts out under 100 psi. A low pressure regulator has NO SPECIFIC PURPOSE other than the gun it's put on, usually in relation to rams. On cockers it makes sure the ram does not overpressurize so it can cycle the gun. On angels/bushmasters/impulses the ram cycles the gun AND forces the hammer foreward. On a rainmaker it closes the bolt and trips a sear.

But wait, the Omen doesn't have a ram like the others. The omen has a sealed hammer that is pneumatically returned by a sheridan valve, like a spyder. The difference being that they have a choker on it to determine how much air goes in.

So tell me, what would putting in a LPR do, exactly, besides overengineering the recock mechanism of a glorified f1 illustrator? If it worked, it would not do the job any better than a restrictor screw or whatever the omen works. It would take up more volume, more space, more seals... not to mention we don't even know what pressure is necessary to recock an omen. If it's like any other gun of that design, it's a waste.

aaron_mag
09-15-2003, 06:46 PM
The Omen has essentially the same internals as the Piranha with the exception of the cam feed. The feel of the trigger is much like the eForce trigger frame. (My friend has an eForce and I have an Omen).

The big difference, of course, is the Cam feed which works really well. The stock regulator that comes with the Omen is pretty consistent. We usually get +/- 5 fps over the chrono with PMI Premium paint.

So the question becomes what sort of after market parts do you need? It doesn't chop (when setup right), has a mouseclick trigger that is adjustable, and is consistent. Yes it is a blowback semi. There is nothing wrong with that....

spydervenom
09-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug
ALL PAINTBALL GUNS are Pneumatically operated.

Any tool or object that is operated, controlled, or uses in some form compressed gas, is pneumatic.

yes but in paintball an electropneumatic gun isnt just any gun with a switch and battery...its more than that.

electropneumatic is basically another slang paintball term because though you are technically right...thats not the way it goes in paintball.

and omen internals are similar but very different from spyders

jinxed
09-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug
A sealed hammer that is spring driven hits a modified Sheridan Pellet Gun valve, and is returned by air diverted from the exhaust valve. Where exactly is the problem understanding this?

The problem is that most people do NOT understand this.
Most people think it has a "ram like a Timmy/angel/etc".
They think it has a "solenoid valve", and a "lpr".
This is because PMI make up new terms to decribe how the OMEN operates, and it confused the heck out of alot of people.
The OMEN is a PMI Pirahna with a little plastic cam-feed.

I like the design of the Omen. It looks like a good blowback. Not the best blowback, but the machine work looks clean. Its overpriced, but thats irrelevant because most guns are. The gun is nothing special except for the cam-feed, which is pretty darn cool. Naturally, its the only part thats patented, but I'd like to see it on other guns.

This argument is like how people will argue that all open-bolt guns are actually closed-bolt guns... and so on. Or listening to the ex-president try to explain the definition of the work "is".

Nick

fcpchop
09-18-2003, 08:18 PM
so... do u think i should get one???

TKOMag123
09-18-2003, 08:44 PM
i think the omen is a peice of garbage after using my friends. i fiound it no differnt felling then any other e-spyder or an other e-blow back. i thin it looks alot better then any e-blowback, and iliek the cam feed, but i think the gun is nothign but a very nice begginers gun. thats just my oppinion. buy anyway off the topic a little bit, fcp where abouts in ct do you live? i live in glastonbury and i play a strategy plus and matts outback. i also work at strategy.

fcpchop
09-19-2003, 01:44 PM
i live in shelton, its about 15 minutes from brigdeport, there is a feild in monroe like 10mins from here, ghost paintball

spydervenom
09-20-2003, 01:00 PM
it may seem like it shoots like any old blowback but there is no way it could feel just like any e-spyder or something like that.

1. the trigger is amazing. its so much lighter than you'll ever find stock on an e-spyder/clone
2.its a bit heavier due to cam feed
3.the frame and foregrip are nearly touching...like a cocker