PDA

View Full Version : New AGD X-Power Module on sale!!!

gaff
09-10-2003, 02:54 PM
AGD now have the new X-Power module available to buy.....i have just got one and it is the muts nuts!!! now my warp and hopper are fed from my gun battery only!! huge weight savings...........

they are available for £30 (approx $45ish) and the gun battery will still last all day!!

the unit sits in the battery compartment of the warp and is dead easy to install

if you wanna save weight and avoid starting a game with the warp and hopper batteries flat again give Jackie a ring at AGD Europe 01206 240831

Muzikman
09-10-2003, 03:08 PM
This is something I was wating for from the beginning. I waited so long, I ended up making my own:)

dinger
09-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
This is something I was wating for from the beginning. I waited so long, I ended up making my own:)

i wish i had that kind of innovation :o

Kevmaster
09-10-2003, 03:41 PM
pics...

what hoppers does it work on

does it give the warp 12v or 9v?

TNS2k2
09-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Here is the info straight off of AGD Europe's website.

The X-Power Kit is designed for use with the
X-Mag or E-Mag.
It comes complete with circuit board, wiring
loom, and all necessary plugs / fittings, along
with installation instructions.
X-Power utilises the 18volt NiMH battery pack o
f your X-Mag / E-Mag to power your Loader or
your Warp feed.
With the purchase of the optional Xtra Power
Cable, which simply plugs into the board, it is
possible to supply power to both a Warp & a
Loader, with no batteries, other than your
X-Mag / E-Mag Battery Pack.
No extra 9 volt batteries or re-chargeable Warp
Packs greatly reduces the weight of your marker.

Sorry there was no pic.
TNS2k2

thecavemankevin
09-10-2003, 05:21 PM
any sorta link to where one can be found on the net?

are there a bunch of wires running everywhere or not really noticable?

edit----
http://store.securehosting.com/stores/sh200074/shophome.php
it wont allow you to link dirrectly to the x-power kit, but click on AGD europe to the left and look for upgrades...it is the last item.

Tom....yall going to import these things or what?

hostage
09-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Muzikman-hrmm can you post the skematics for the do-it-yourself peeps?

Halliday
09-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Man. No photo at the store?

Kevmaster
09-10-2003, 07:10 PM
yeh...are these gunna pop up stateside?

rpm07
09-10-2003, 07:11 PM
I need to see a pic of this

Evil Bob
09-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Yep, I'm in the same boat with Muzik, got tired of the batteries so I made my own.

-Evil Bob

f3rr3+
09-10-2003, 08:21 PM
oh oh, pictures please bob...

thecavemankevin
09-21-2003, 02:37 PM
http://www.airgun.com/Europe/Images/Xpowerkita248x225.jpg

i just ordered one, so we shall see how it goes

Bolter
09-21-2003, 03:13 PM
I have one, they are very good indeed. You really notice the weight difference and I have taped the wiring (running from the gun to warp, and warp to hopper) against the side of my warp feed. Its a neat job!!

Another cool thing is that you can very quickly disconnect both or just the hopper and plug the normal batteries back in if you wish. I'm not sure for sure but it seems like my warp and hopper are slightly faster!! Or maybe its the new shot buffering software we have !!!! Muhahahahaha!!

;)

Schnitzel
09-21-2003, 07:11 PM
this is something i've been wanting to do for quite some time, but i was afraid of what may happen if i did myself(good job muzikman). i already had to replace my board due to some unknown factor,(AGD techs couldnt even figure it out!) and so i knew the theory of siphoning power for my emag, but was a little skittish about frying a brand new board, which was so graciously replace by AGD under my warranty.

what really excites me is that the weight savings in my setup will be about 8oz....more than what you would save if you upgraded for a new xvalve and ULE body! $370 vs. $45?!? it couldn't be better!

so now: we gotta convince tom to get it out here in the states.

report back with details about it kev!

thecavemankevin
09-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Bolter
Or maybe its the new shot buffering software we have !!!! Muhahahahaha!!
;)

you darn brits suck, i want new software

Bolter
09-22-2003, 01:59 AM
:D

it'll all be available in good time.

:D

Evil Bob
09-22-2003, 12:02 PM
I'd like to know what voltages we're looking at here, nothing is mentioned on their web site. 9v is a given, what about 12v?

-Evil Bob

rkjunior303
09-22-2003, 12:32 PM
how's the battery life though, when you have all 3 pulling from the same pack... Manual mode is great on your marker but if you forget to charge your gun, youll be SOL since you can't feed ....

Muzikman
09-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I run my warp and Revy off the Emag and have never had a problem running out of battery. That is not saying it couldn't happen, but as long as you charge the battery before you play (on the drive to the field even) then you should be ok.

Bolter
09-23-2003, 02:02 AM
some of the guys have been testing this thing for a year or so and as long as you charge your battery b4 playing then you'll be fine. Could probably get a coupla days out of it from fully charged.

Bolter
09-23-2003, 02:02 AM
I would charge b4 each day though just to be on the safe side..

rkjunior303
09-23-2003, 09:00 AM
how's the weight difference minus the batteries? I haven't had a chance to check out a warp yet but I love how its so low profile.. I'm going to be ordering a ULE E-Mag from Tunaman this winter and I haven't decided if I wanted to go vert feed or warp..

thecavemankevin
09-23-2003, 09:24 AM
you probably should try warp before you order a body for it, i love the warp, but i think i am going to try vert this weekend just to see. if you want to know what it feels like without batteries, load up you gun like normal and take out the batteries, that will give you an idea.

vf-xx
09-23-2003, 09:41 AM
dropping 4 9v batters makes a huge difference. I power hacked my emag for this when I had it.

Kevmaster
09-23-2003, 12:51 PM
what is the output? 12v for the warp? 18v for the revvie? what does it output?

Doobie
09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
I too would like to know if the input to the warp is 12v. Also, will this mod provide the suggested amp to a HALO B. I know that is why OP made the HALO to take AA's because they provide more amps for initial spin.
:confused:

Evil Bob
09-24-2003, 02:00 PM
The original HALO A required AA's for turning the gears and was not able to run off of the E/Xmag battery for very long due to the high drain. The straight HALO B without any upgrades can run off of the E/Xmag battery, but it will drain heavily from the high torque the unmodded B has (albeit much lower then the original A does). HALO B with the TE software upgrade pulls alot less amps then the unmodded B and can easily run off of the E/xmag battery, I run mine (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79275) that way.

My mod has 12v out for the warp and 9v out for the HALO. The guys over at Odyssey advise highly against putting in more then 10v to the HALO as it will fry the board.

-Evil Bob

Schnitzel
09-24-2003, 02:48 PM
hey bob, i read your article about your one battery world...and i see that you regulated the voltage down to 9V for the HALO. i just wanted to confirm whether or not if it would be possible to do the same for a revvy/warp by skipping the second regulator to go directly to the revvy with 12V?

*edit* and would you be interested in posting some sort of electrical schematic, or would you be pleased in leaving some fellow AO'ers in the dark?;)

Evil Bob
09-24-2003, 05:36 PM
Here you go, my schematic.

-Evil Bob

snakestang
09-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Robs Site (http://www.robagd.com/)

12 volts to a revy will work just fine. Ran one like it for a year with no ill effects. Same goes for the warp. Rob has great instructions and schematics.

Halliday
09-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Using that site, I have never, and still to this day can not figure out how to run a Rev off my E-mag.

Schnitzel
10-16-2003, 03:53 PM
so has anybody heard any news about this?

Bolter
10-17-2003, 07:41 AM
what do you need to know buddy?

Schnitzel
10-17-2003, 10:13 AM
well my question was more directed at people here in the states...i believe thecavemankevin said he ordered one, and i was wondering if he ever got it.

i've been thinking about doing the power hack myself, but i was gonna wait until i got some solid reviews on it. i was really looking for detailed pics of the module and how it works and some install guidelines.

i'm 90% positive that i can do it myself, but i'd like the module itself for the assurance that it will work. i'm torn between the two this way:

i have the capabilities to do it, but i want the insurance behind something that has been tried and tested

and

because of that, i want to buy it, but i lack the funds to do so:(

WARPED1
10-17-2003, 03:59 PM
I don't understand. What is it? Anyone have an on-gun pic?

Schnitzel
10-17-2003, 04:32 PM
thats what i was asking for....

what i understand it to be is a drop in board that fits into the warp battery bay. you run power lines from the bottom of your emag gripframe to it, where it powers the warp. from there you can plug it into your loader to power it as well.

thats all i know.

RobAGD
10-17-2003, 10:41 PM
Well part of the reason I did it that way is if people CANT fill in the few blanks I left, then they should not be attempting that mod. It's really quite simple.

-Robert

Originally posted by Halliday
Using that site, I have never, and still to this day can not figure out how to run a Rev off my E-mag.

Halliday
10-18-2003, 07:07 AM
Then I guess you caught me, and I'm big enough to admit it.

thecavemankevin
10-18-2003, 11:35 AM
well, something went wrong witht the processing of the order so it never went through...:(

i have not gotten around to re-ordering it, plus i have sold my warp and am in the market for a new clear one. and i am also having emag battery problems

so it will be a while before i get around to doing this

Bolter
10-20-2003, 08:24 AM
pm a guy called Gaff, he's on my team and he produced these items. He will be able to tell you all you want to know. He is on the members list above.

rifleman
10-20-2003, 10:51 AM
I'm assuming this mod will work with the morlock board?

Also, will the emag battery provide enough current for a halo loader?

Adam

Riotz
10-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Someone please post a review of this once you try it out. Thanks. :)

adam shannon
10-20-2003, 07:42 PM
i just tried to post a pic of my sfl with x-power and a detailed review...but AO ate my homework, so i guess it will have to wait, im not typing it all out again.

adam shannon
10-22-2003, 09:05 AM
ok, second try.

i finally got the x-power installed on my backup sfl. i had a friend whos an engineer install it so i didnt butter finger it up and fry my board. he said that if you understand rudimentary electronics you wouldnt have a problem as long as you follow the directions.

the kit comes with 4 parts. the module, a tap, power to the module from board wire, and power to the hopper from module wire.

we used the tap to tap into the boards power instead of soldering it to the board. the module resides in the battery compartment of the warp. the power wire from the board connects to the module, and the bower wire to the hopper comes off the module.

my only minor complaint is that the extra power wire that goes from the module to the hopper doesnt have any connections on the hopper end...just bare wires. my thinking is that its intended that you solder it to the connections in the hopper. we were using a halo and chose to attach a 9v connector clip from radio shack for $.25.

i am using a pudbudz warp bracket, which is awesome btw. the warp is controlled by the standard agd warp cable from the board to tell the warp when to spin.

this was my first time using my warp. i was waiting till i had all the goodies to make it pimp rather than use the standard bracket which i never liked. i ended up playing the left side of the bunker my first game with the warp...and took a hopper hit of all places! im still learning the ins and outs of playing warped.

i had no problems with battery drain on a fresh charged batt. i shot 2 cases with no slow down on the hopper or warp. i still need to tighten up the wires by cutting holes and channels in the hopper and warp to hide and protect them properly.

overall i am thrilled with not having to buy batteries every week. and the pudbudz warp bracket is the bees knees, its rock solid and puts the warp at the perfect angle and space from the marker without having to set screws like the pro team bracket...and sturdier than the agd one.

i will post some pics when its been tightened up a little.

adam shannon
10-22-2003, 09:07 AM
second try on linked pic.

*edit* ok linking pics isnt even working now. use this link.

http://www.uploadit.org/files/221003-x-power.jpg

Bolter
10-22-2003, 09:52 AM
good isn't it? :D

Bolter
10-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Mr Adam Shannon did you have one of the big re-chargeable warp batteries before? As those work a treat in the Halo so I've heard if you ever needed again.

adam shannon
10-22-2003, 10:15 AM
i always used aa's/9v's for my halo and warp. i hadnt really played with the warp cuz it was a little too much for me to handle having to disconnect the batts after each game to turn it off...im lazy like that. i was going to buy the warp and halo rechargables sometime, but since the x-power came out i dont see a need now.

i like utter simplicity, and the x-power is just that...turn the marker on and the warp and halo come to life. turn it off and your done till next game.

Bolter
10-23-2003, 03:17 AM
agreed

bunkerhugger
11-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Just ordered one. I'm concerned about the voltage to the hopper. Is 18v too much for a HALO? Should I be regging it down first?

AGD Europe's response to my e-mail:

Yes, we can ship the X-Power kit to you.
It costs £30 (approx $50) for the circuit board with one lead to power a warp or a loader,
and £5 (approx $8.50) for an extra lead, which plugs into the board, and allows you to power
a warp & a loader.
The above dollar conversions are approx as of the rate today, but it depends on the currency
exchange rate, at the time that we charged your credit card.
Shipping would be by express insured air mail, which would be approx £9.77 (approx $15), this takes
around 3-4 working days, but really depends on how quickly it clears U.S. customs.
The module regulates the the E-mag / X-Mags power and outputs 12 volts to the warp,
but sends 18 volts to the loader, because they have their own in-built voltage regulator.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 17 November 2003 20:18
To: info@airgun-uk.com
Subject: X Power Module

Could you tell me if you would ship this item to the US? What would the approximate cost be, including shipping, in US dollars? What are the output voltages to the hopper and warp?

Thank you,

~ Ben Ramirez

thecavemankevin
11-20-2003, 05:54 PM
thats a real good question, i personally don't know

I got one of these a few weeks ago, but it is still in the package. I sold my warp so i still have yet to install it.

Bolter
11-20-2003, 07:16 PM
It'll be fine. Ask Odysey if you are not sure, but I was told they run faster?

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
12-05-2003, 04:05 PM
A previous post said that Odyssey suggested not sending more than 10v to the Halo. The board can fry.

Dueydog
12-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Get a 100mf capacitor to regulate it down.
Good luck,
Matt

thecavemankevin
10-26-2004, 07:54 AM
got one for sale, just thought i'd let yall know

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1662523#post1662523

Bolter
10-26-2004, 08:26 AM
I run my halo B on a warp bettery, and nothing has melted, exploded or fallen apart. Its lighter and appears to run faster.

Take this information or leave it, this is what I know.

lord1234
10-26-2004, 08:40 AM
holy thread resurrection batman!

hitech
10-26-2004, 04:15 PM
I also made one myself and am quite happy with the performance. I do make sure to charge the emag battery before I play.

*** CAUTION ***

I do believe that I found a problem with running the warp and emag on the same battery. If you have both the emag and warp on, the battery plugged in and then attempt to plug in the warp "intellifeed" and touch the center post to ground, you will fry something on the emag board. At least that is what I believe I did. If you just make sure to ALWAYS plug in the warp "intellifeed" first you should be fine. I'm not sure this is the exact problem as I have not been able to look at a schematic for the emag board. However, better safe than sorry. ;)