PDA

View Full Version : from Cuba with, er, love

oldsoldier
09-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Hey all, just a qwuick note. I have arrived here at the wonderful Carribean island of Cuba, and hate it. It is hot, lots of weird animals, and the water is desalinated, so it tastes like a saline drip. But, on the good side, the clock is oh so slowly ticking down till the time I return. I will be on infrequently, but just wanted to let my brethren know that I am here, and alive, for now. Hopefully, I will get pictures soon. Digigyrl will post them when I get them. Take care all, and hope to hear from you soon.

Miscue
09-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Try to enjoy yourself if you can. :)

Come back quick!

Albinonewt
09-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Bah, in Bad Boys II Cuba was invaded by a dozen Miami PD officers, so how tough could it be?

Come back soon.

beam
09-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Weird animals, eh? Make sure you get pictures of those. I mean, how weird can they be....Cuba is what? 90 miles away from the tip of Florida?

Dayspring
09-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Take care of yourself Bill. We have LOTS of stories for you when you get back.

And just for old times' sake--

OS!! :)

Kevmaster
09-10-2003, 03:42 PM
/me loves OS and our AOArmy!

Supporting America and protecting our freedom

1stdeadeye
09-10-2003, 04:15 PM
OS,
A full year's vacation on a carribbean island and your complaining about it!;)

Enjoy, and shoot some commies!:p

Be safe!:D

lopxtc
09-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah .... Gitmo baby ... :)

Just remember avoid all those little mounds sticking up out of the ground :) ... they arent friendly.

Minefield Maintenance baby ... "Death from Below"

Aaron

Jack_Dubious
09-10-2003, 04:44 PM
"I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4,000 cubans who are trained to kill me so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash your badge and make me nervous."

Dont forget to bring back some cigars ;)

JDub

Curly
09-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Dubious
"I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4,000 cubans who are trained to kill me so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash your badge and make me nervous."

JDub

I saw that movie this morning. :D

Definitely keep us informed on your situation Bill. Good luck and I hope to see you back in under a year.

oldsoldier
09-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Well, I eat breakfast 200 yds from the Caribbean sea. But, it is 100 degrees before 10 AM. God, I am in the wrong place!!!

Mango
09-11-2003, 01:26 PM
OS!!!!1

:D

Hey! My E-mail is not broken either! It works fine. Maybe YOUR email is broken! :p

wyn1370
09-11-2003, 01:30 PM
good luck down there
hope the women are as friendly as you where telling us they'd be

SlartyBartFast
09-11-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Dubious
JDub

LOL

How are you going to get cigars? Ask one of the friendly natives to throw them over the fence?

Well, if I go to Cuba, it'll be to stay in one of the hotels with all inclusive food and all the Rum you can drink.:cool:

Load SM5
09-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Hey I flew over your head a few weeks ago on the way to Costa Rica. I waved. Did you see?;)

Stay safe and if the sun gets to you then put on your matching yellow AO jersey and pants. That outfit could deflect a nuclear blast, let alone a few sun rays.:D

Jack_Dubious
09-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by SlartyBartFast

LOL

How are you going to get cigars? Ask one of the friendly natives to throw them over the fence?

Uhh....i was thinking maybe he could just go to the Wal-Mart down there and pick up a few boxes on sale :p :p

JDub

nastymag
09-11-2003, 08:04 PM
i have a question ....

do the play Orishas down there ? ( cuban rap group )?

and say hola para todas las chicas por mi, gracias ( damn keyboard doesnt have all the thing to write in spanish)

oh
Renegade of funk"

here are some "capitals off the top of my head "

El D.F ( mexico city ) = Mexico

Brasilia = Brasil ( well they speak portuguese)

Panama= Panama

Havanna = Cuba

Bogota = Columbia

Buenos Aires = Argentina

Guatemala = Guatemala