PDA

View Full Version : Marker firing poorly...any help?

BeerSkunk
09-10-2003, 04:40 PM
First my setup:

Powerfeed Body H/L
X-Valve
LX w/ Middle Spring, 2.0 Carrier, and 3 Shims
Bulldog HPA Preset @ 850
Intelliframe w/ No Adjustments
Fully Oiled w/ KC Trouble Free (this stuff really is great)
Benchmark Rail

Now my problem. The issue I'm having is that the first trigger pull I get a nice kick back. It also fires just fine if I fire consecutive shots slowly, but whenever I attempt to fire the gun rapidly I get very poor results with many shots just hiccuping. By hiccuping, I mean the trigger goes forward, but on the pull back it's like the trigger hasn't completely reset and the marker doesn't fire, it just sort of pisses some air out of the power tube. This causes me to 'chuff' balls quite a bit during rapid fire.

During rapid fire I have been fanning the trigger, but I'm not short stroking. I have this problem appear even when I'm making a conscious effort to not short stroke by letting my finger pull back on the trigger and then move forward and touch the trigger gaurd before pulling again. The marker should be set to fire again long before my finger is back in position to pull the trigger.

I believe that whatever the problem may be it is also affecting my X-Valve's reactivity. The first shot in a string is very reactive, but all subsequent shots are not reactive at all. I've put about 2 cases of paint through the gun since I installed the X-Valve. The most disappointing thing is that I could shoot my classic valve MUCH faster than the X-Valve right now.

Let me know if you need any more info, and thanks in advance for the help.

athomas
09-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Remove a shim or two and check your carrier size. Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

BeerSkunk
09-11-2003, 01:38 PM
I edited my post. I wrote 2.0 Spacer instead of Carrier...duh.

The 2.0 Carrier is perfect. It doesn't leak, and the bolt slides without any friction at all. It's so good the bolt will slide off if I hold the valve upside down. Half size up leaks and a half size down is too tight. I've played with the LX enough by this time to believe I have an excellent fit.

I'll try removing shims and see if that helps.

xen_100
09-11-2003, 02:34 PM
almost sounds like the valve or the airsystem is not recharging fast enough.

I wold try to borrow a different airsystem......those bulldogs are not known for high flow rate. I have seen many people have shootdown problems from those tanks.