PDA

View Full Version : Im movin to canada!

chizle97
09-10-2003, 05:38 PM
hey, I just got done watchin bowlin for columbine for about the 30th time and I came to the conclusion that the better place for me would be canada. I have no interest in in living in a contry who goes to war with countries we finacaly supported only a few years before a conflict. Its more than just that, I also like hockey and lacrosse alot. I am not a hippy nor am i a conservative, i just feel its a place that better fits me. So if you likve in the great suburb to the north (hehe:D) could u sugest some good colleges or places to live. thanks for listenin to this rant.

3......2.....1.....0.... Flame away!

xmetal2001
09-10-2003, 05:47 PM
If a movie like THAT is influencing your decisions then fine, move to canada, we dont want you.

ERut
09-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Actually that movie was pretty well done (and this is comingg from someone who disagrees with its maker on just about everything politically) but...

Have fun giving 70% of your money to the government!!

Lopy-slopy
09-10-2003, 06:29 PM
come on up. It nice up here. The tax realy isn't bad at all up here. no were near 70%. And when you factor in free health care you got a good deal.

Thordic
09-10-2003, 06:37 PM
The free health care is crap. My uncle died because the health care up there takes so damn long to get any important procedures done. Free health care that kills people I could do without.

Besides, I only pay $50 a month for good healthcare down here. Its called getting a real job, then your healthcare is fairly close to free anyway, and you don't get taxed out the rear end anyway.

I have nothing against Canada, most of my relatives still live there, and my family moved from Ireland to Canada over 200 years ago, but touting free health care as a benefit to Canadian citizenship is a pile of crap.

-Jôker-
09-10-2003, 06:42 PM
the only reason i would want to move to canada would be to dl music without worried qbout getting sued

f3rr3+
09-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by xmetal2001
If a movie like THAT is influencing your decisions then fine, move to canada, we dont want you. '

^^ lmao

Oh yeah, i dont like the french... nuff said...

Albinonewt
09-10-2003, 07:57 PM
So move to Canada, or as I like to call it America Lite or Diet America. All the protection the world's mightiest nation can provide with none of responsibility.

Seriously though, Canada isn't a bad place, I like it just fine. They've got their fair share of problems just like everywhere else and their problems are different just like everywhere else.

But, if you let Michael Moore, the bold faced liar, influence your decisions then you're a large step behind the rest of the game. That man's movie is nothing but fiction, farce, and misrepresentation.

Plus, Canada's doesn't have any working helicopters. How can you respect a nation that can't maintain a helicopter fleet?

Sooky
09-10-2003, 09:09 PM
I love living in Canada- and everybody loves Canadians;).

Taxes never bothered me, but then I don't make much.
As for health care, its funding has been steadily cut for over a decade. The provs and feds are supposed to split the cost 50/50. The feds now pay around 20-30% I believe, and the provs have all been cutting corners. Unless something happens soon, I'm sure we'll be going to private or a larger two-tiered health care system. That was probably the plan all along.

When people praise Canadian healthcare, their probably speaking of the system 20 years ago.

Zumina
09-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
But, if you let Michael Moore, the bold faced liar, influence your decisions then you're a large step behind the rest of the game. That man's movie is nothing but fiction, farce, and misrepresentation.

Not to mention misleading. The film is marketed as some sort of documentary, when in reality it's a compilation of Moore's wandering thoughts.

1stdeadeye
09-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Canada does have North America's best strip joints! ;)

Not for you, eh?

Okay den how about dis eh?

1stdeadeye
09-10-2003, 11:11 PM
I personally like the billboard coming back into the US from Canada much better;) :

Albinonewt
09-11-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Canada does have North America's best strip joints! ;)

Which is why we take one trip to Montreal every season

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-11-2003, 07:44 AM
Psh, you are just going there for the marajuana.

:p

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-11-2003, 09:20 AM
Um, no offense to any candians, but why the hell would you want to move to America Jr.?

FactsOfLife
09-11-2003, 11:21 AM
When you go, please renounce your American Citizenship.

Don't do it halfassed.

banzaimf
09-11-2003, 12:54 PM
take collegeboy with you. You 2 would have a nice time!

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/07/08/bc_samesex030708

FactsOfLife
09-11-2003, 01:34 PM
^^^^^ ahahahhah

LittleKrems
09-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by banzaimf

lol! nice, nice:D

ERut
09-11-2003, 05:21 PM

:p :D :p :D

Now we know why you want to move!

gimp
09-11-2003, 06:01 PM
I'm your average stubborn die hard american, but I can think of one good reason to move to Canada. They have hockey on the sports network, I wouldn't have to watch ESPNBGay anymore.

chizle97
09-11-2003, 07:22 PM
let me respond to this endless list of flames in one way, I know about the film, like there was no nra rally in columbine after columbine. But still alot of things piss me off. like the fact that bush can use a national tragedy to get even with somone his dad didnt like. And on the people about the college boy..... Brilliant, ive never seen a gay joke used out of context like that, i mean really where do u come up with this stuff, i got to write that down so i can remember it ;) actualy a sexual persuasion is my buisness and not yours. its this kind of stuff that drives me closser and closer to getting out of the country, the intolerence of anyone but the norm. thank you

nastymag
09-11-2003, 07:46 PM
yeah Chizle is right ... if its anything that piss's me off is how we americans are so intolerate of different things, and that gay comment was dirty , and inexcusable.

1stdeadeye
09-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey Chizle,
Since you are a michael moore fan, here is a sneak peak of his next movie:

Koosh
09-11-2003, 07:56 PM
The one point I got out of Bowling for Columbine was the fact that Canada has just as many guns, and nearly the same culture, yet compared to america, so few gun-murders.

Whats up with that?

banzaimf
09-11-2003, 07:56 PM
It has nothing to do with your sexual persuasion. Although your tag line of "My anus is bleeding" does raise eyebrows. It has everything to do with birds of a feather, on the same wing no less, flocking together. Construe that how you may.

nastymag
09-11-2003, 08:12 PM
wow ...so i guess any one who says anything that critisizes the US in any sort of way .. is pro Saddam .... cuz you know what Donald rumsfield says " people who are critisizing Administrations handling of Iraq are helping the Terrorists ".... sounds like away to keep people from saying anything about how they didnt plan much for after the invasion

EsPo
09-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Canada > US.. if I was old enough to move there I would.

Matt_mg
09-11-2003, 10:58 PM
The one point I got out of Bowling for Columbine was the fact that Canada has just as many guns, and nearly the same culture, yet compared to america, so few gun-murders.

What's up with that? It's because as Canadians we don't fear anything, "black people" don't scare me, mass murderers don't scare me, I don't fear the government, I don't fear terrorists, I don't fear low-flying planes, I don't fear road-rage, I don't fear random "snipers", I don't fear muslims or arabs, I don't fear being poor, robbed or attacked in the street.
Damn some people don't even lock their doors!

You really want to know what Canadians fear? Our only deep fear, the one we don't like people to know about?...The american government

ASDadam
09-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Thats funny, it honestly is, the only reason you don't fear all the mean nasty "black people" or terrorists etc etc is because they don't want to live in Canada....its not worth their time to bomb or plot terrorism against Canada because who is it going to bother? Big Brother France? Oooooh scarryyyyyyy

Miscue
09-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Yo... watch it on the racial stuff.

ERut
09-12-2003, 12:35 AM
It has nothing to do with your sexual persuasion. Although your tag line of "My anus is bleeding" does raise eyebrows.

That line is from a stupid cartoon...

Originally posted by nastymag
sounds like away to keep people from saying anything about how they didnt plan much for after the invasion

you're right. Its a vast right wing conspiracy to take away your personal freedoms

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Matt_mg

[/SIZE]

Whoop dee friggin doo! That was the least convincing part of the movie. I guarantee that you could walk through my neighborhood and find just as many unlocked doors. I live in a suburb where there is little or no crime. Im sure that there are some people in Canada who lock their doors, dude.

Albinonewt
09-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Quoted by Jonah Goldberd of NRO

"why I understand the Pentagon alone has four necromancers who can actually make Michael Moore bathe on command"

From this Article (http://www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/goldberg091103.asp)

Automaggin2
09-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
So move to Canada, or as I like to call it America Lite or Diet America.

Hahahaha. O man thats great

RenagadeOfFunk
09-12-2003, 04:07 PM
"i'm from canada and they call me slow, eh" lol i love that simpsons line!!!...

HA HA NOW YOU WILL BE SLOW!!!

aaron_mag
09-12-2003, 04:28 PM
OKAY!!!!!

As a citizen of the United States I am commanding all of you to quit making our country look like it is full of a bunch of arrogant pin heads who love to blow their own horn. This is my decree ;)

Okay I'm just as bad as anyone else!!! :D

1stdeadeye
09-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
As a citizen of the United States I am commanding all of you to quit making our country look like it is full of a bunch of arrogant pin heads who love to blow their own horn. This is my decree ;)

I love leadership by example!;) All hail the Kingpin head?;) I know bad comic book pun!:p

aaron_mag
09-12-2003, 06:05 PM

I love leadership by example!;) All hail the Kingpin head?;) I know bad comic book pun!:p

Hey you know we "liberals" are a bunch of self righteous hypocrites. We take the best of both worlds. We chatise others for acting like arrogant Americans while being regionally prejudice.:D I, for example, don't fully trust/understand non-west coasters. I mean lets face it. The spirit of 76 passed to the west. WE are the true heirs to the American legacy and not you east coast pretenders to the throne. Then to get more specific don't fully trust/understand those Californian and Washingtonian fools. Getting even more specific non-Portlanders are strange folk. Actually Portlanders are a bunch of weirdos except for myself... :) Knowing this is why I believe "liberal idealists" have the greatest propensity towards tyranny...:D

Johnny_Reb
09-12-2003, 06:18 PM
^^^^Oregon's a state?;)

Rooster
09-12-2003, 06:51 PM
"You really want to know what Canadians fear? Our only deep fear, the one we don't like people to know about?...The american government"

Oh course. The canadian people are children. Their government takes care of them. They have no worries, becuase they have no responsibility and no authority over their own lives. I'll continue to be the master of my own domain. The Canadian children can keep theirs.

1stdeadeye
09-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Rooster
I'll continue to be the master of my own domain.

Really? How much $ do you have riding on that one?;)

Bad seinfeld reference.:eek:

Rooster
09-12-2003, 07:00 PM
No $, just a personal arsenal.

aaron_mag
09-12-2003, 07:08 PM

Really? How much $ do you have riding on that one?;)

Bad seinfeld reference.:eek:

I got it :D. I could make some jokes off of it....but it would get real bad real fast!!!! :D Great episode!

Sooky
09-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Rooster
Oh course. The canadian people are children. Their government takes care of them. They have no worries, becuase they have no responsibility and no authority over their own lives. I'll continue to be the master of my own domain. The Canadian children can keep theirs. Wow... I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.

-Jôker-
09-12-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Matt_mg

What's up with that? It's because as Canadians we don't fear anything, "black people" don't scare me, mass murderers don't scare me, I don't fear the government, I don't fear terrorists, I don't fear low-flying planes, I don't fear road-rage, I don't fear random "snipers", I don't fear muslims or arabs, I don't fear being poor, robbed or attacked in the street.

You really want to know what Canadians fear? Our only deep fear, the one we don't like people to know about?...The american government

yea exactly how many black ppl do yall have? how many mass murderers have yall had in yalls history? how many random snipers? low flying planes? muslim or arabs hating you for being free? cmon how much lower could your blow get? yea americans arent perfect but dont act like canadians are gods gift to ****in north america... how bout you aim just a little higher next time eh? i dont like getting kicked in the balls do you?

aaron_mag
09-13-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by -Jôker-

yea exactly how many black ppl do yall have? how many mass murderers have yall had in yalls history? how many random snipers? low flying planes? muslim or arabs hating you for being free? cmon how much lower could your blow get? yea americans arent perfect but dont act like canadians are gods gift to ****in north america... how bout you aim just a little higher next time eh? i dont like getting kicked in the balls do you?

Alright joking aside....who says Canadians act like they are god's gift to North America? If anyone is acting arrogant it is the U.S. citizens on the board. According to our rules (as viewed by some) it is WRONG to feel pride in your country UNLESS you are from the United States. I mean citizens from all other nations are caught between a rock and a hard place. They must accept the fact that they are second class citizens plus since most of you want to close our borders and go isolationist they don't even get the opportunity to "upgrade" to become one of god's chosen people. I'm being SARCASTIC by the way.

Maybe some of you are just doing some ribbing but then where the heck are all the smiley faces? Regional pride is okay but gets very stupid when taken to extreme. I mean look at professional sports. We hire talent from all over the place then book it as "Portland versus LA".

Why the hostility towards Canada? For gods sake we have shared the longest peaceful and unmilitarized border in history. Furthermore the question of racial mix in each country is disturbing.....

1stdeadeye
09-13-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by aaron_mag

Alright joking aside....who says Canadians act like they are god's gift to North America? If anyone is acting arrogant it is the U.S. citizens on the board. According to our rules (as viewed by some) it is WRONG to feel pride in your country UNLESS you are from the United States. I mean citizens from all other nations are caught between a rock and a hard place. They must accept the fact that they are second class citizens plus since most of you want to close our borders and go isolationist they don't even get the opportunity to "upgrade" to become one of god's chosen people. I'm being SARCASTIC by the way.

Maybe some of you are just doing some ribbing but then where the heck are all the smiley faces? Regional pride is okay but gets very stupid when taken to extreme. I mean look at professional sports. We hire talent from all over the place then book it as "Portland versus LA".

Why the hostility towards Canada? For gods sake we have shared the longest peaceful and unmilitarized border in history. Furthermore the question of racial mix in each country is disturbing.....

Okay are you serious?

To get respect you must give it also. Look at Matt MG's thread about 9/11/73. He posts an outright attack on America on a day that is very sensitive and expects no retribution. Hell I love Canada. Their strip joints rock!;) Don't come here beating on me and expect me to be happy about it.

There are plenty of Canadians on the board we play around with. It is all good natured. Look at Cap'n Canuck!:D

The respect must flow both ways though!