PDA

View Full Version : Call me Professor Deadeye!

1stdeadeye
09-10-2003, 10:50 PM
I guess I can finally prove to CollegeBoy that I know more then him. I am a guest instructor at Rutgers University-Camden. I taught my first class tonight in lovely Camden, NJ. I will be lecturing on a bi-monthly basis on the aspects of funding a start up business specifically in dealing with government guaranteed loans (i.e. SBA, EDA, etc...) The class size is only 13, but it is part of an upper level business course. They are even paying me an honorarium per lecture. Life is good!

Anyone need some easy credits?;)

Professor Deadeye, I like the sound of that!:p Of course I guess this means I need to get an NJEA card now.:eek:

Haha CB,
You now must address me with my new title!!!!:p

Miscue
09-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Yay! Congrats!

-Carnifex-
09-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Woo, congrats.

Albinonewt
09-11-2003, 06:05 AM
hehe

Before we know it you'll be comingplaining about class sizes...

pbcustom98
09-11-2003, 06:13 AM
congrats. ever here Brian Regan?

Slow Down Professor!
lol

Daniel

rkjunior303
09-11-2003, 08:07 AM
Congrats man..

Brian Regan is HYSTERICAL! I think I like Pablo Fransesco better, though.. I have a bunch of those Comedy Central Presents.. in .AVI on CD at home..

gibby
09-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Hehe...right on 1DE! Hrm...does that mean you'll be giving CB private lessons from now on?

1stdeadeye
09-11-2003, 10:51 AM
No, he would have to enroll at Rutgers-Camden. Plus if I had to teach him one on one, we would probably kill each other!;)

Right now, I am just trying to avoid the NJEA. They want dues from my meager honorarium!;) :p

pbcustom98
09-11-2003, 11:18 AM
i never heard of Pablo Fransesco..brian regan is the funniest comedian ive ever heard IMO and ive seen him live in NYC at caroline's..great show, and i sat right in front. :D

Originally posted by rkjunior303
Congrats man..

Brian Regan is HYSTERICAL! I think I like Pablo Fransesco better, though.. I have a bunch of those Comedy Central Presents.. in .AVI on CD at home..

Collegeboy
09-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
I guess I can finally prove to CollegeBoy that I know more then him. I am a guest instructor at Rutgers University-Camden. I taught my first class tonight in lovely Camden, NJ. I will be lecturing on a bi-monthly basis on the aspects of funding a start up business specifically in dealing with government guaranteed loans (i.e. SBA, EDA, etc...) The class size is only 13, but it is part of an upper level business course. They are even paying me an honorarium per lecture. Life is good!

Anyone need some easy credits?;)

Professor Deadeye, I like the sound of that!:p Of course I guess this means I need to get an NJEA card now.:eek:

Haha CB,
You now must address me with my new title!!!!:p

As long as you call me professor too. (I teach a class too)

cphilip
09-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Gee I teach class all the time and they don't call me unless they need something... :confused: :D

aaron_mag
09-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Soon you'll be your typical liberal idealistic college prof. It will be an improvement! :D

Also stay away from any cute female students you may get in the future!!! :D

gibby
09-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Gee I teach class all the time and they don't call me unless they need something... :confused: :D Are they at least cute? ;)

1stdeadeye
09-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
Soon you'll be your typical liberal idealistic college prof. It will be an improvement! :D

Oh God no!!!! I Quit!!!!!!!!

WHat? Why do you think I took the job? ;)

CB,
Do they pay you to teach it or are you a student teacher? I am a paid professional!:p

Collegeboy
09-11-2003, 01:15 PM

Oh God no!!!! I Quit!!!!!!!!

WHat? Why do you think I took the job? ;)

CB,
Do they pay you to teach it or are you a student teacher? I am a paid professional!:p

I get paid 1000 a semester.

Restola
09-11-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Collegeboy
You know...I just cant think about money without thinking of the THOUSANDS of trees that die each day...

And congrats 1stDE

Mango
09-11-2003, 01:18 PM
Hey that is awsome!!! Wow I wish you would teach at Rowan, then maybe I could bunker you on campus LOL!! :D Congrats Scott!!

1stdeadeye
09-11-2003, 01:19 PM

:confused:

So you are a slave??:confused:

That is nothing. I am getting more then that for doing 4 classes per semester. Why so low?

I am not doing this for the money. THe honorarium was just a bonus. I am really doing this for the ego boost and to meet cute chicks.

"Hey honey, want to come back to my office and have me fill in your application?":p

1stdeadeye
09-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
Hey that is awsome!!! Wow I wish you would teach at Rowan, then maybe I could bunker you on campus LOL!! :D Congrats Scott!!

Oh no my young padawan, when you returned from your bathroom break, I would be hiding behind the door to bunker you. X-Mag owns E-Blade!!!;) :p

Collegeboy
09-11-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Restola

You know...I just cant think about money without thinking of the THOUSANDS of trees that die each day...

And congrats 1stDE

:rolleyes:

1stde

I am only a student without a degree, you have a BA or BS, and maybe a MBA (though I doubt the last since you have never mentioned it, but you do need one to teach at a college, so I am not sure)

I teach continuing education classes in history 101, 102, 201, 202.

It is something I would do for free, and have done for free since I was in high school, but this year they started to pay me, a small fee, but a fee none the less.

And hey a 1000 beers is better then no beers.

Restola
09-11-2003, 01:37 PM
oh I'm just messing with you CB :D

aaron_mag
09-11-2003, 02:09 PM

I am not doing this for the money. THe honorarium was just a bonus. I am really doing this for the ego boost and to meet cute chicks.

Take a look on your left hand. Need more help? Left hand, second finger from the left. See anything there? Now that you realize that you are effectively shackled forget the cute chicks. You are either submitting yourself to needless personal torment or expensive alimony if you do otherwise. :D

Ego boost huh? So now we know for sure that the X-mag is really a compensation tool....:D

Miscue
09-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Education don't make you smart do it? :p

Python14
09-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Come down to Roanoke and be a guest speaker in my civics class. I could introduce you as Professor 1stDeadeye and make the other students bow down to you.

1stdeadeye
09-11-2003, 06:33 PM

Take a look on your left hand. Need more help? Left hand, second finger from the left. See anything there? Now that you realize that you are effectively shackled forget the cute chicks. You are either submitting yourself to needless personal torment or expensive alimony if you do otherwise. :D

Kill joy! ;)

Ego boost huh? So now we know for sure that the X-mag is really a compensation tool....:D

No, that would be the BMW!;) The X-Mag's for eliminating suckers at an accelerated rate!!:p

1stdeadeye
09-11-2003, 06:38 PM

I am only a student without a degree, you have a BA or BS, and maybe a MBA (though I doubt the last since you have never mentioned it, but you do need one to teach at a college, so I am not sure)

BA, but working towards my MBA through U of MD University College. I may transfer to Rutgers because I can work a deal for credits from life experience and knock it out by next year.

I teach continuing education classes in history 101, 102, 201, 202.

It is something I would do for free, and have done for free since I was in high school, but this year they started to pay me, a small fee, but a fee none the less.

Teach or tutor? Continuing ed in history? Is that like student teaching?

And hey a 1000 beers is better then no beers.

Or you could buy a clue!:eek:
;) :p

FutureMagOwner
09-11-2003, 07:03 PM
yeesh you edjucators sure do abbreviate alot into 2 letter and 1 letter acronyms(SP;) ) or is that ACRM?

aaron_mag
09-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Or you could buy a clue!:eek: ;) :p

Don't sweat it CB. Back in college I would have loved to earn 1000 bones to do some teaching.;) If I had the time and enjoyed the subject I'd even take that now!:) Unfortunately don't have much time.....speaking of which better get back to it. I think I hear the wife getting the whip......:D