PDA

View Full Version : AO Day SE in SC - Nov 22nd. * TOM WILL BE THERE* 3 limited X mags! PB2X is coming!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

cphilip
09-11-2003, 03:25 PM
TOM KAYE WILL BE HERE!

AGD Product at EVENT PRICING. Lots of it. According to Tom this will be as low cost as it possibly can be. It's an AO CHRISTMAS PRESENT FROM TOM AND AGD at SE AO. A good reason to come! A large amount of product is coming down for this. Be there or be square.

Jon will be doing full Tech service work. And possibley Rob Hoover if he comes but I think he wants to play. BUT THEY WILL BE PROGRAMING EMAGS!

BREAKING NEWS: Quote - Joshua D. Silverman, Assistant Editor of Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine, the #1 Paintball magazine in the world and Assistant Editor of Crossfire Paintball Magazine, the only publication devoted to recreational and scenario paintball in the industry, WILL be attending AO SC to have some fun and cover the event for a feature article in Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine! Be nice and be friendly and he might take your picture.

And more breaking news! SE AO Edition X Mags for sale at event. Limited edition. Only three of these will be done and are done. Tom will sign them at the event. Come see em and come buy em!

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/SEAOXMAG.jpg

Special note: Jon also has an old skool RT P for sale he can bring to the event. Its HLPF Polished RT valve with the old carbon fiber single trigger. Slightly used - $350 but if you PM him now its yours. Otherwise, in addition to all the new product, it will be there at SE AO day for sale.

THE ANGEL GUY WILL BE HERE!

Breaking news!!!! CAPO WILL BE THERE!!!

Registration is open!!!! Or come register at the AO camper if you like. Thats cool too. Just come!

Info and registration link here (http://www.parl.clemson.edu/~walt/aomeet/info.html)

Manike aka Simon Stevens will be there!

Tunaman!!!! He be coming too!!!!

Load will be there!!!

New Corporate Sponsor = Teris!
I am proud to announce a new key sponsor. A company by the name of Teris. Teris is a very large environmental business and they are sponsoring the event this year along with those already named.

You will see their information embroidered on the edge of you T shirt sleeve in tastefull fashion

Please join me in welcoming them to AO and thank them for stepping up to the plate to support us. If you need environmental services please contact Teris. They good people.

http://was.terisna.com/common/images/teris_4color.gif

www.TerisNA.com

Just picked up another Raffle sponsor. Shartley! Thanks Sam!

Raffle sponsors so far are:

Airgun Designs
The Angel Guy
Paintballistix
Shartley Customs
Tunamart
Datapimp69
National Paintball Supply

The Wild Hog Band returns! Yes the official AO Blue Grass band will be back thanks to our Band Sponsors.

So far those include:

cphilip, Kevmaster, Muzikman, 1stDeadeye, GA Devil and his wife 8ball74.

You too can help. Call me if you want to be a Band sponsor and added to this list.

And an additional on-site vendor will be: Extreem Sports Fullfillment (shopforpaintball.com)

Related thread with MANY more guests listed in Meet and Greet (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102228)

More Celebrity Guests are listed in Meet and Greet thread. Many prominent members of AO will be there.

HOST HOTEL IS Ramada Inn - Clemson (864) 654-7501. Must call that number to get AO rate. Rate is $62 a night. 20 rooms are blocked for that time and available up until two weeks before event. After that time it will be space available with no rate garantee so you need to decided and make a reservation because the normal rate is $79. Identify yourself as "AO" to get the special rate. There is an indoor pool atrium. Bar and Restraunt on premises.

Also there are slightly cheaper accomadations just across the street at the Comfort Inn..

More details to follow. Same Field place. Gold Dragon in Central SC.

Paint pricing announced!

National Paintball will be supplying Draxxus Paint fresh that morning. National is also one of our major sponsors for Raffle. Thanks Gino and Greg.

...and price as follows:

Blaze - *PRICE NOW LOWERED TO $50 a case*

Note: Bring cash for paint. not certian National is set up for cards yet at field. Trying to confirm this now.

Format is all three man in the morning. Alternating from all fields including one on one and woods. Teams will be pick up or can be premake up. If you do not have a team by the morning of you will be assigned one. Its all for fun. You will play every avenue in Golf scoring style. Carrying your score cards from field to field and having judges score them. Scoring will be based on eliminations. Each man eliminated is a point. Velocity will be no greater than 300FPS. I suggest you crono at 280. We will be strict on that and masks. You can lose a point and in this style format that point can be critical. Top points per match is 3. Most points is in finals. limit on finals to be set by attendance and announced that morning. Medals for First, Second and third place.

Late afternoon will be a mini scenario. Theme to be annouced.

Clemson University Paintball Team is co-hosting and reffing us. All proceeds beyond costs go to the team. Lets help em make some money! Shoot lots of paint!!!!

Dinner is same place and same prices as last year. $15 a head and that includes your raffle ticket and kids 6 and under are free. You will be able to get the whole two days air/CO2, Field Fee and Dinner for 25 bucks.

Lots of prizes and lots of cheap paint! Lots of good socialization. Lots of Family fun and some Adult fun too. I promise. It was a big event last year and we hope to make it the same. Bring granny and pee paw, your sister and your sisters girlfriend, bring em all!!!

cphilip
09-11-2003, 03:30 PM
Last years thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46581&highlight=AO+DAY)

Ok todays news.

AGD Product at EVENT PRICING. Lots of it. According to Tom this will be as low cost as it possibly can be. It's an AO CHRISTMAS PRESENT FROM TOM AND AGD at SE AO. A good reason to come! A large amount of product is coming down for this. Be there or be square.

There will be T shirts available. Some sizes will be fairly limited. They will be sold at the event and only then after the event can people that do not attend get one. So there may be some may not.

They will be Haynes Beefy T's in White and a few Long sleeved T's in White.

The event info will be embroidered on them. They will not be screen print crap. They will be embrodiered.

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/Tshirt.jpg

There will only be 5 XXXL's, 10 XXL's and 10 Med in the Short Sleeve T's. And some of those in Long Sleeve. The rest will mostly be XL's and Large. In both Long and short sleeve. 85 shirts total so they gonna be collectors items

so you better think about this and some of you might want to preorder one if your an "odd" size.

Short Sleeve $15 in most sizes and $20 for XXL's and XXXL's

Long Sleeve $20 in most sizes and $25 for XXL and XXXL's

Post on this thread if you want to preorder one. First come first served.

personman
09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyea ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
woot I was hoping you would have it again at the same place.. and heelss yeah ill have my pie :) same one as last year :D where do we register? :D

Kevmaster
09-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Awesome Phil!!

SO GLAD TO HEAR AO SE IS BACK IN ACTION

I hope its even bigger than last time.

Oh, and as always, Phil, let me know if you need ANY help with arrangements (I have an NPS NJ sales rep in Greenville who Im sure would help out)

Lemme know if i can do ANYTHING

Load SM5
09-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Heck yea, I'll be there.

cphilip
09-11-2003, 07:28 PM
Kevin and Load!!! Folks we have our second and third Celebs!!!! :D

Jon is coming and we will have AGD Product. Plenty of it. He confirmed today he is good to go.

Kevin, we already talked to Greg....well in fact he is outa town this week so we have to talk again to finalize but Greg is doing the show for us on that end already.

November 22nd is also the date of the largest rivalry Football Game in South Carolina. So Explorers had like 17 TV's where it will be on. Clemson vs South Carolina. Thank goodness its away game for us or no way we could get anyone near this town.

Wc Keep
09-11-2003, 09:01 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phil please i beg you make it the next weekend. i want to go back down so bad!!!!!!!!!!! please i beg of you!!!!!!

Kevmaster
09-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Me? Celeb? Aww...shucks....

Thats cool phil. I don't think theres any way I can miss this man...I'll do whatever is in my powers to go. I dont think a freight train right now could hold me back...hehe

cphilip
09-11-2003, 09:07 PM
WC, awww man...I just cannot change it. Its been set there for months. And Jon has his schedule set too and then there is the Texas thing a few weeks later I think. And then the following weekend is the weekend around Thanksgiving. So that is the only open date we could work out. And its already getting late in the season for cold weather to start in. You just gotta make it!

Load SM5
09-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Yep, you're the famous writer that imortalized me. I guess Jon will have to take the shot this year.:D

Kevmaster
09-11-2003, 09:32 PM
AO's offical author will be at AOSC...stop the presses....everyone must want to come now...

cphilip
09-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Oh sure they do! :D

cris8762
09-12-2003, 01:17 PM
OF COURSE I DO!

and i can drive myself now!!!!

i feel a cold coming on, i think it will hit me around Nov. 21st keeping me from work the following day:D ;) :D

as of now i plan on driving up friday afternoon and sleeping in my car, unless some kind soul would offer me a ride *cough* kevin *cough* :D

what's the deal with minors? I'm 16 and my parents probably dont wanna drive down to SC with me so i can hang out with a bunch of weirdos from the internet....so i'd be down there by myself, would that be ok?

personman
09-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Kevin and Load!!! Folks we have our second and third Celebs!!!! :D
What??!? I'm not a Celeb? ;)
w00t Jon is going to be there... awesome.. omg you have to ask Explorers to put those little sandwiches out again, those rule! :D

paint magnet
09-12-2003, 04:59 PM
w00t!

I'll be bringing pie again :D

Can we hear some details about pre-reg info, any plans for the night (Explorers maybe? depending on when the game is over?) and possible costs for next day play?

Looking foward to seeing everyone there, and lmk your pie preference some time ;) (Fatman seemed to like peach last year, never did talk Tom into eating some though)

personman
09-12-2003, 05:08 PM
What about a small tournament like last year?
Do I hear a TAAP2? :D

paint magnet
09-12-2003, 05:12 PM
I'm up for it :)

How bout you Jon? Load? Fatman?

Muzikman
09-12-2003, 05:47 PM
I'm gonna try to make it, but I will be leaving for NYC on the 25th so I would be cutting it close. If Wyn drives down again, I'll go for sure <wink><wink><nudge><nudge>

Kaiser Bob
09-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Hmm I might be able to make an appearence this time, though i might be in Vegas, so we'll see :)

ntn4502
09-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Revialery Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell Phil! Come on man, I was planning on SC for sure, but missing OSU vs Michigan game is a horible sin
Sorry but theres is no possible way I can leave my bucks:(

speeddemon
09-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah, well we here in clemson don't have to worry about missing the game because our coach is a moron and our team sucks. Frankly I don't want to drive 2 hours to watch us lose and then have to put up with all the chicken fans.

But at least the paintball should be fun!

Muzikman
09-12-2003, 10:31 PM
NTN: I thought you went to Kent State?:)

Jeff_PbDaddy
09-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Shoot! Another AO event I won't be able to attend because its on a Saturday. :mad:

ezrunner
09-12-2003, 10:41 PM
You know I'm there :)

-rob

Sinistarr
09-13-2003, 12:27 AM
As far as I know the wife and I will be there too! Can't wait to shoot at Load again!

~G

"The game is in the player, not the gun." -Rob Long

I have seen you play, and I wouldn't want to blame the gun for what you do on the field either. LOL!

EDIT: The seal of approval has been given by the wife. We will definately be there!

personman
09-13-2003, 07:18 PM
This doesnt deserve to be on the second page! It is great news! :D
This meet was loads of fun last year, and I reccommend everyone who reads this thread to come! Even if you live in Alaska ;)(hey it happened last year, look at paintballerAK :D)
Phil have you talked to TAG about coming?

cphilip
09-14-2003, 09:11 PM
I have not talked to Bob aka TAG yet but need too.

So many things I need to do...

But still some time to wrap it up. I having to renegotiate with the dinner things cause it changed owners but hope to have that wrapped up Monday.

So no need to worry! ;)

Thread also started in Meet and Greet. Official thread to follow

As far as underaged...field wavers will be availible in PDF soon on the official thread... if they are not already on Gold Dragons site as well. You can have one signed by your parents when you come. That should do it.

TAG
09-14-2003, 09:57 PM
We are there !!

Dee cleared our calendar so we will definately be there with plenty of goodies and our full compound this time around.

Make sure you reserve us some space at the event ;)

ezrunner
09-14-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Sinistarr
"The game is in the player, not the gun." -Rob Long

I have seen you play, and I wouldn't want to blame the gun for what you do on the field either. LOL! [/B]

OUCH Gary.... that stings :)

can't really argue.... but wow, definately one of
those "Everybody thought it nobody said it" things.

-rob

Load SM5
09-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by TheAngelGuy.com
We are there !!

Dee cleared our calendar so we will definately be there with plenty of goodies and our full compound this time around.

Make sure you reserve us some space at the event ;)

Alright Bob! Be sure to bring Phil some Angelguy stickers. He's pretty pouty that I have some and he does'nt.:D

ezrunner
09-15-2003, 12:49 AM
I got some you need some? I gotcha! Come by my place monday on the way home or at lunch and I'll hook you up :)

-rob

cphilip
09-15-2003, 07:42 AM
ALRIGHT BOB IS COMING!!!!! WHOOOOOOT!!!!

(yea I got no TAG stickers last time) ;)

Need what Rob? Stickers? I trade ya a Scooterworks for one TAG? Hows that sound?

cphilip
09-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Well Rob came by and we traded some stickers.

See the Tag stickers on my Two Scooters. First one is on my Antique Vespa...

cphilip
09-15-2003, 09:54 AM
And one the green one...

Riotz
09-15-2003, 10:43 AM
*cough* Meet and Greet *cough* :p

Wish I could make it, but I told you months ago that we have that damn tourney thing.... Just change the date, you know you wanna. :)

cphilip
09-15-2003, 11:57 AM
*cough*...already there too :D ...*cough*

Get your lazy behind on down here. Quit makin excuses. You have to prioritize better. ;) :D

cphilip
09-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Oh so I see you can make it out to Texas with the GF right after that but no Love for Unka Phil eh? :(

Riotz
09-16-2003, 10:24 AM
AWww, I had that week free. On Nov 23rd it's our last GPL Tournament event.

cphilip
09-16-2003, 03:10 PM
I let ya slide then. :cool:

Underdog
09-16-2003, 05:22 PM
i might wanna come, but then the whole minor thing, (im like the Uber minor, 13 year old kid here! lol) i wanna shoot at Load, instead of reffing him...

personman
09-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Dude I was 13 last year and it was still loads of fun. Im 14 not so im still not legal but I know phil will slip me some booze ;) lol j/k

Kevmaster
09-16-2003, 09:02 PM
sadly, I may only be there friday night. Its looking more and more like i could drive down friday and be there around 5ish...but have to leave around 4ish saturday. :(

cphilip
09-16-2003, 09:10 PM
We shall work something up for Friday night in the next few days as far as a dinner meet. Like always.

All ages are welcome. This has always been a family event. We had Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers and even Grandmothers at last years event. Everyone had a good time and do not be afraid to come and bring your parents to watch. They all had fun last year. Personmans Mother came down and watched and then came to dinner with us. She is a great lady for doing it too. She will probably come again this year I bet. One team of kids your age brought there Mother and Grandmother and they WON the three man event! And their Mother and Grandmother were so proud they swore to help the kids continue doing more Paintball! And so far I hear they have done just that. They never knew how exciting it could be and that was their first event. We won those parents over. What a story huh? That was AO day SE last year.

It's all good.

Germ
09-17-2003, 11:58 PM
I've been looking forward to this since the day after last AO Day. I'm glad to see that we have return guests.. Can't wait. Looking to make this bigger and better. Maybe this year we'll get a chance to get out there and shoot a little ourselves.

Jonesie
09-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Hmmm... bad news for all you AO'ers attending AOSC 2003. Somehow it has worked out that I have that whole weekend free. Meaning: I'll be there Friday night and be staying thru Sunday.

That's right! This year classes, family, even football has made it possible for me to make it. I'm soooo obummed I missed last year that I wouldn't dream of missing this year! :)

Look forward to seeing all the AO members I know, and will get to know.

Until Novemeber,
David "Jonesie" Jones

Load SM5
09-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Aw crap........

;)

Kevmaster
09-18-2003, 02:19 PM
Im the exact opposite of Jonsie...im only 50/50 that i'll come at all..and only 10% sure i can make it for ANY of saturday...whaa

personman
09-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Personmans Mother came down and watched and then came to dinner with us.
haha 'came down' more like 'was dragged down' lol :p
And kev that really sucks, who is going to give me a free fill nipple now?! :( (atleast I think it was free, I might be your slave now, im not quite sure)

paint magnet
09-18-2003, 05:02 PM
*sits in corner counting days*

Yay, TAG is coming. Fortunately this year I will have working markers since I sold my cocker;)

cphilip
09-19-2003, 08:49 AM
*BREAKING NEWS -TOM WILL BE THERE!!!*

Load SM5
09-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Alright!....you know what this means?

Can Shot...The sequel!:D

cphilip
09-19-2003, 09:10 AM
You Sir may be asked to NOT bring a marker onto the field! :D

ezrunner
09-19-2003, 09:11 AM
If you don't I WILL! How about this year I shoot and you wipe :)

-rob

BTW- I can accomidate 3 for the weekend.

I'm looking forward to the party.

Muzikman
09-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by paint magnet
*sits in corner counting days*

Yay, TAG is coming. Fortunately this year I will have working markers since I sold my cocker;)

Good, cause if I actually make it down, I probably will not have my typhocker with me:)

ezrunner
09-19-2003, 09:21 AM
The guys that won 3 man last year spent a good season playing Rookie Division CFOA.

CFOA is a tourney series here in the SouthEast that draws up to 100 teams per event and is usually run in a 2 day format.

Keegan and Cory are still kicking around too. I don't know if Justin was with them for the 3man or not.

Hope they make it back.

-rob

Load SM5
09-19-2003, 09:37 AM
You Sir may be asked to NOT bring a marker onto the field! :D

But after last year he made me a moderator...I want to see what he gives me this year.

I think he secretly liked it.;)

Dayspring
09-19-2003, 09:44 AM
I may or may not show for this one this year. Not sure yet. :)

I promise, no reality shows for me this year. :D

ezrunner
09-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Dude, you gotta show....

EZ doth procliam.

-rob

Dayspring
09-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Depends on if I'm needed for a tourney that weekend or not.

I'll know more later on. I'd probably do the train thing, so I'd need a pick up, drop off and to be cheauffered around all weekend. :)

ezrunner
09-19-2003, 12:18 PM
I think I could arrange that. There is an amtrak station 150 yds from my house. That is where you'd want to stop, in beautiful Clemson, SC

-rob

cphilip
09-19-2003, 12:30 PM
In fact the Amtrack station is only about a 1/3 mile down the street from the Ramada Inn. And on that exact Street. Can't miss it. You could even walk it but we can easily get you from there. Also the Ramada can come get you. They have a limo thingie...

Dayspring
09-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Is the Ramada the main hotel/hangout for this event?

Load SM5
09-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Hey, and then I could shuttle you around all weekend since I'll be driving to SC. As long as you don't have to be at the station at 5:30am or some crap like that.:D

ezrunner
09-19-2003, 12:40 PM
See dayspring, between the 3 of us you should be covered!

-rob

cphilip
09-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Is the Ramada the main hotel/hangout for this event?

Yes. See the very first post in this thread for exact details on that.

Dayspring
09-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey- you owe me an early morning drive somewhere... :p

Originally posted by Load SM5
Hey, and then I could shuttle you around all weekend since I'll be driving to SC. As long as you don't have to be at the station at 5:30am or some crap like that.:D

personman
09-19-2003, 04:00 PM
OMG THAT IS SO AWEOSME
Tom is gonna be there.. thats almost 3 times I would see him in a 1 year period :p *hugs phil :eek: * if I forget my pie suit Ill let everyone there including load sm5 take a shot at my behind.. then again why shoot at me when you have tom? :p

headcase
09-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Well barring any strange goings on, I'll be there

I what night is the dinner, Friday/Saturday?

I figure I'll be staying at the Ramada Friday and Saturday night, I would be happy to split the room with anyone that is interested.

cphilip
09-19-2003, 06:35 PM
An informal Friday night Dinner is still being arranged but may be in the Ramada.

The big "sheebang" dinner with all the raffles and drawings is at Explorer's Bar and Grill on Saturday night and is $15 a person. It will be a buffet sort of thing with Buffalo Wings of many flavors, Chicken Tenders, Vegetables and Dips and chips and dips, along with a Huge forever Club Sandwich and Tea or water. There will be a cash bar with many varities. But as usual I will probably purchase a Keg if you wish to drink that it will be my treat. We will have our own wait staff and bar with bar tender back there. We will be closed off from anyone else. We own it!

You will get one raffle ticket with each dinner paid.

Children 6 and under are free when accompanied with a paid AO participant.

Remember its $25 for the whole day of air and field fee AND DINNER or $15 for the Dinner Party only. So pay at the field for both and you are done for the day except for your paint. If not and you are not coming to the field I need you to tell me you have guest coming for dinner that morning when you register. And pay then for that if you can but at least I need to know. I have to tell the restraunt the number by about 11:00 Am for that night. We can handle a few unexpected but not a lot. So please communicate at registration that morning.

Think about it... You should go all day on $75. ALL DAY. Easy! But we make more money for the club if you buy more paint so shoot a lot! :D Plus you can come back on Sunday and shoot it up if you like. I think they are going to give you free access again Sunday if you are there on Saturday. Air and everything. Two days of paint ball! SO THATS EVEN BETTER EH? I gotta check on that but I think it was offered. Still need to meet with Gold Dragon on that.

Field fee, Air, a case of great Paint, Dinner and Prizes!!!! I would guess the ratio of prizes to dinner guests was near 50% last year. Many people paid back their whole day with a big win on prizes! :D

And ladies.... there will be some candy for you! ;) :cool:

headcase
09-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks CP

Looking forward to putting faces with the Screen Names.

Still looking for a Roomie :)

Kevmaster
09-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Rob, any way i can get a couch or floor at your crib friday night?

thanks dude!

paint magnet
09-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman

Good, cause if I actually make it down, I probably will not have my typhocker with me:)

:D Hope you can make it again this year

cphilip
09-20-2003, 11:36 PM
I am indeed talking to some other important Members of AO now. I will announce their participation soon but it will be big. We are indeed celebrity laden this year. Best group of em of any event. I promise. However missing Army and Sarah this year it appears and is sad to me... but... maybe we can make up for that. Stay tuned.

Dayspring
09-21-2003, 12:06 AM
he's talking about me. :D

/me wishes. ;)

Load SM5
09-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Nick, you're out of excuses....you'd better be there.

Underdog
09-21-2003, 09:20 AM
i will try my hardest to get there guys! even though only load knows who i am...

personman
09-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Yay ist goign to be fun! Im going to fix my talon so I can r0x0rz someone in a little 1 on 1... :D and omg for team taap 2 there needs to be tshirts with a picture of a pie and then it says: We'd TAAP it!
lol1!OL!OL!OL OL!OL! ok :confused:

Dayspring
09-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Talkin' to Mel about it. Gonna try.

Nick, you're out of excuses....you'd better be there.

cphilip
09-21-2003, 12:07 PM
I need to talk to Mel this week anyway about some stuff on this too. I mention he needs to send you as a rep for PBX! And send some raffle goodies and I list him sponsor! ;)

Dayspring
09-21-2003, 05:22 PM
That could work. :D

cphilip
09-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Simon Stevens will be there! Otherwise known here as our beloved Manike.

He has some important news he should be able to tell you by then. I am sworn to secrecy but you do not want to miss that, and of course, meeting the design genious behind the X Mag body design cad programing work. He's a mighty fine bloke too. And of course he is another chick magnet as well so make sure you keep track of your wives, girlfriends and daughters.

But Manike AKA Simon Stevens will be here.

personman
09-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Thats cool! I get to meet manike :p
I just hope he isnt shooting that silly intimidator :rolleyes:
I'll have to r0x0rz him with my talon if he does:eek:

Load SM5
09-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Sweet! It'll be nifty to see you again Simon!

cris8762
09-21-2003, 08:27 PM
omg, the UK pimp is gonna be there, i guess i have to go!

if i'm a minor and plan on coming down the night beofre and getting a hotel room, how would that work? Would i need an adult to sign for me or something?

Right now i'm considering taking the train down and back because that allows me to not worry about driving and the problems associated with that. Anyone wanna give a 16yr old a ride out to the field?:D :D I wont talk on the way out there, promise!

cphilip
09-21-2003, 08:37 PM
I suggest you try and room in with someone. No hotel I know of will take a reservation without a credit card. Although I suppose your parents might could arrange that. They would have to call and do it I should think. But there are some here looking to split a room...

The train is good. Good way to fly... um I mean... travel. Stops right in Clemson. Should be plenty of rides around and to the field and dinner and all. We can see to that. I would not even worry about that part. Be glad to have you!

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Me and Cannedheat will be there for sure :)

Kevmaster
09-21-2003, 09:32 PM
wow...if simon's gunna be there...i CANT miss it!

manike
09-22-2003, 03:48 AM
Simon Stevens will be there! Otherwise known here as our beloved Manike.

He has some important news he should be able to tell you by then. I am sworn to secrecy but you do not want to miss that, and of course, meeting the design genious behind the X Mag body design cad programing work. He's a mighty fine bloke too. And of course he is another chick magnet as well so make sure you keep track of your wives, girlfriends and daughters.

But Manike AKA Simon Stevens will be here.

Wow, I don't think even my own mother would recognise me from that... apart from the name of course!

Cheers Phil. Looking forward to it!

bornl33t
09-22-2003, 05:22 AM
Ya know I really should go to this, I get rooms at the ramada for 25$ a night. Plus I know the way from Iowa to SC.... but man the pay cut for that week would hurt...grrr... I live in the middle of the US and there's never a meet within 3 states....

Goon
09-22-2003, 07:23 AM
I will work on getting the Paintball Charleston Crew there again. We had a great time last year and have several new recruits. See you all in November.

cphilip
09-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Would be good to see you Charelston guys and gals again! Bring a bunch of em!!!

Do come one over Heat. Would be good to finaly put a face on ya!

Riotz
09-22-2003, 10:33 AM
manike spends more time in the US then he does in the UK. =P

phil where's the pm's! :D

cphilip
09-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Seems I got sanctioned too Riotz. I was probably the worst violator. :( Seems no one is above the law here on AO! :mad:

Tobe2be
09-22-2003, 10:43 AM
hey dayspring if you are going let me kow i think i can arrange my schedule at work so i can take adrive or maybe if i have money a plane over. let me know im down for a good old road trip. but we are not taking your purple truck........;)

Dayspring
09-22-2003, 10:45 AM
If I can work the schedule, I was actually thinking about training it down.

BTW- 4000 posts. I think my warranty expired. :D

cris8762
09-22-2003, 12:36 PM
so, neone up for a AO room?

personman
09-22-2003, 12:41 PM
I dont know whats going to happen with me this year, if my mom is going to drive me up and drive me back, or if she drives me up early and leaves me to get raped or abducted, or if I get a ride up there, im not sure :p I would like to stay the extra day though.

cphilip
09-22-2003, 02:09 PM
You'll be safe up here. You ain't in Georgia anymore ya know. ;)

Muzikman
09-22-2003, 02:36 PM
And while phil speaks....Personman can hear faint banjo pickin' off in the distance.

Muzikman
09-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Well...it looks like wyn and I will be making the drive down again this year! Woohoo!!! Roadtrip here we come...

manike
09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
And while phil speaks....Personman can hear faint banjo pickin' off in the distance.

You mean like this?

http://www.topeuro.co.uk/blagger/the_duel.html

:D

headcase
09-22-2003, 02:40 PM
I'm there, the room is reserved!

I've got room for one person if anyone is interested. The room is NON-Smoking

wyn1370
09-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by manike

You mean like this?

http://www.topeuro.co.uk/blagger/the_duel.html

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

that's better than this one
http://www.sillyhumor.com/banjo.html

Muzikman
09-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Hmm...that is just too good Simon...only problem...Hazard County was in Georgia not SC;)

manike
09-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Hmm...that is just too good Simon...only problem...Hazard County was in Georgia not SC;)

And your point is?

Anyway that's how we think of all Americans, we don't worry about details like geography... :D

cphilip
09-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Depends on who gots the purdiest mouth who gonna get that other space in that room I guess! :(

Make sure you order Grits with everything!

manike
09-22-2003, 03:00 PM
You guys eat grit? Over here grit is bits of stone and dirt...

wyn1370
09-22-2003, 03:04 PM
but grits are boiled, not to mention about the same consistancy as everything you guys cook over there.

Muzikman
09-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Grits are all good. Up here in the northern territory we can't just run out and get grits. This is the one thing I usually look forward to when I cross the Mason Dixon line;)

manike
09-22-2003, 03:15 PM
At the risk of not really wanting to know... what are grits made from?

cphilip
09-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Coarse ground corn meal boiled in salted water till silky smooth and soft at 3:1 ratio with plenty of butter.... yummmm! Good eatin! You can get em from yellow or white corn.

You gotta ask to get hash browns here or you GONNA get grits.

What I miss about the NE is not being able to get Scrapple. Now that I look forward to when I come up there. We can buy it in the stores but no restraunts serve it.

manike
09-22-2003, 03:18 PM
hhmmmm. I guess I will just have to try them. :D

cphilip
09-22-2003, 03:19 PM
That you do... they pretty much devoid of much flavor save the salt and butter. Stick you your ribs for the day though.

cphilip
09-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Oh and not just for breakfast (much like beer) they make a base for many dishes. Most notably the South Carolina signature dish of Shrimp and Grits.

personman
09-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Grits taste bad unless you have alot of butter on it.. then it has 100000000000 calories but atleast it tastes good :D

speeddemon
09-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by personman

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Grits taste bad unless you have alot of butter on it.. then it has 100000000000 calories but atleast it tastes good :D

or sausage, or eggs, pepper, salt butter. Basically you can put anything in grits.

manike
09-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
manike spends more time in the US then he does in the UK. :p

I will be soon! http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

personman
09-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by speeddemon

or sausage, or eggs, pepper, salt butter. Basically you can put anything in grits.
This is true, but IMO butter tastes the best..

Dayspring
09-22-2003, 05:23 PM
I have yet to find the right way of eating grits.

How about maple syrup?

headcase
09-22-2003, 05:34 PM

How about maple syrup?

You have the same problem I have, you were born North of the Mason-Dixie Line, it is genetic, you cannot, without much training, like grits.

I have happily excepted this fact, and always get hashbrowns.

Originally posted by Manike
I will be soon!

You moving to the colonies?

manike
09-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by headcase
I have happily excepted this fact, and always get hashbrowns.

Ahh now hash browns I know and love :D

Originally posted by headcase
You moving to the colonies?

YES! :D

cphilip
09-22-2003, 05:59 PM
headcase you mean Accepted? Or was that a Freudian slip?

Nothing better than getting both!

Dayspring
09-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Where to?

YES! :D

manike
09-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Dallas to start with. (shall we try to avoid a threadjack? or not ;) )

Dayspring
09-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Well, it's not every day that AO's favorite Brit moves to the states.

headcase
09-22-2003, 06:40 PM
headcase you mean Accepted? Or was that a Freudian slip?

Nothing better than getting both!

See this is why I'm a CIS major, not an English major!

Hashbrowns Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked, Topped, Diced, and Peppered!

hitech
09-22-2003, 06:42 PM
I want to know what caused manike to come to his senses, ah, um, I mean decide to move "here"? ;)

manike
09-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by hitech
I want to know what caused manike to come to his senses, ah, um, I mean decide to move "here"? ;)

Sex, drugs and rock & roll!

;)

Err that and a job opportunity I couldn't turn down. :D

cphilip
09-22-2003, 06:47 PM
THATS the secret. Come to AO SE to find out.

Tunaman
09-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Well God save the Queen! Maybe one day we WILL get to meet up! :D :D :D

hitech
09-22-2003, 06:55 PM
THATS the secret. Come to AO SE to find out.

I'd like to. It's a long and expensive trip from out here on the wrong coast. However, I haven't given up hope yet. ;)

cphilip
09-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Grab up a group of those wrong coasters and head out. Pick up Brad, Capo and Curtis on the way though! :D

personman
09-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Haha Brad cracks me up :p
There is going to be a 3 man this year, right? :)

Potatoboy
09-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Can I be a celebrity guest too?

I have to at least try to come... personman still owes me fifty cents.

personman
09-22-2003, 08:57 PM
Darn you :p
Stupid mail sorting machine..
You have a pretty good memory :(
Well, If you come then I'll pay you :p

Potatoboy
09-22-2003, 09:01 PM
with interest.

cphilip
09-22-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Potatoboy
Can I be a celebrity guest too?

Of course you can Tater! Are you coming? :)

personman
09-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Potatoboy
with interest.
:rolleyes: how much interest are we talking??!?

speeddemon
09-22-2003, 09:12 PM

How about maple syrup?

Sure!:D

Potatoboy
09-22-2003, 09:15 PM

Of course you can Tater! Are you coming? :)

I'm going to attempt to.

ezrunner
09-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Well,

It looks like Kevmaster is crashing at EZ's Palace, I have
room for 2 more if anyone is exceptionally broke or just a travelling player willing to return the favor if the opportunity affords itself.

See you all AO Day!

-rob

cris8762
09-22-2003, 10:36 PM
ahhhh memememmee, i'm a poor pb player :D

does it matter that i'm 16, cuz i expect kev to be the usual party animal that he is *cough*buyingbeerillegally*cough* :D ;) :p

Load SM5
09-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by ezrunner
Well,

It looks like Kevmaster is crashing at EZ's Palace, I have
room for 2 more if anyone is exceptionally broke or just a travelling player willing to return the favor if the opportunity affords itself.

See you all AO Day!

-rob

ahem?:D

cphilip
09-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Looks like an AO slumber party is happening.... :eek:

ezrunner
09-23-2003, 09:02 AM
EZ's palace is now a floor hut :)

Kev has the Futon
Load has the 3 cushion couch
the chris guy ... have we ever met? I don't mind if you crash here on the little couch, I don't think an AO'er would wreck my place.

If any other broke soles are looking for a place to sleep you better bring a sleeping bag.

-rob

Dayspring
09-23-2003, 09:13 AM
I have an air mattress. :D

ezrunner
09-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Wow.....

Ok, you too dayspring!

-rob

Dayspring
09-23-2003, 09:23 AM
Just want to secure some floor space in the event that I get to go. I'd rather not get assed out.

I'm pleading my case, and I think CPhil's going to as well.

cphilip
09-23-2003, 09:48 AM
I'm pleading my case, and I think CPhil's going to as well.

Tell Mel to check his PM's here on AO.

Dayspring
09-23-2003, 09:55 AM
I will, but you may be better off emailing him at home or calling him.

viper911@paintballistix.com

If you want his #, PM me.

bofh
09-23-2003, 02:26 PM
I'll be firing up the redneck truck and be heading on down this year too. Might even drag the wife down for the weekend.

I'll probally get some earplugs this time.

manike
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Oh no! Not Shaun... err I cancel!

Just kidding. Looking forward to it even more now. :)

hitech
09-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Grab up a group of those wrong coasters and head out. Pick up Brad, Capo and Curtis on the way though! :D

I wish I had the time to drive across country. Maybe if I could talk my buddy with the motor home into going... You know, if I could pickup just Capo on the way out... ;)

manike
09-23-2003, 04:40 PM
If you have a motor home and are stopping in Texas for Capo, then don't forget me, and the rest of 'us' ;) Texans :D LMFAO!

hitech
09-23-2003, 04:46 PM
If you have a motor home and are stopping in Texas for Capo, then don't forget me, and the rest of 'us' ;) Texans :D LMFAO!

Come on now, I'm trying to leave the rest of "you" behind! ;)

headcase
09-23-2003, 05:35 PM

Now I know you are moving to the States, nevermind the "Republic of Texas", and I know you have been Stateside before, but you do realize how big Texas is right?

It is roughly three times the size of Great Britian :eek:

Swinging by anywhere in Texas, could be a day trip. But Austin is only 200 miles from Dallas, which in the grand scheme of things, isn't much out of the 2800 miles from the "wrong" coast to Clemson.

cphilip
09-24-2003, 08:25 AM
OK as it looks now we will be trying to have a range of paint there. From 40 a case to top quality tournament grade at 55 a case. Even the lower priced will be excellent paint.

And the field is offering that you can come back out on Sunday and play for no more money. Your Registration and field fee from Saturday will cover you Sunday as well. Two days of play for 10 bucks!!!! Whoot!

wyn1370
09-24-2003, 08:34 AM
You do realize most of us will be leaving on sunday. Now if you could get play on friday, that'd be cool. But even for one day it's a great price.

cphilip
09-24-2003, 09:05 AM
Yea well true but you realise that we did have about 20 people wanted to play on Sunday last year and it rained. So we preparing for it this year if that same number does want to play. But who knows. I can ask about Friday too and get back to you. But more likely that will not be possible as we will be preparing the fields and equipment for Saturday on Friday and going and getting people and all. But I can ask and will! Most people are traveling Friday as well. And not getting in until late afternoon.

wyn1370
09-24-2003, 09:38 AM
not sure when we'll get in either, but figured I'd throw it out for discussion. might be that you can grab everyone that is there on friday and have them help out at the field, cause they ain't gonna wanna sit around eating grits all day.

ezrunner
09-24-2003, 09:40 AM
It seemed last year that people trickled in throughout the day on Friday into the evening.

I don't know how a friday playday would be arranged but if people are here they may as well pop a few off at each other ;)

-rob

cphilip
09-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
... cause they ain't gonna wanna sit around eating grits all day.

Gee...and thats what I had planned too.... :D

Muzikman
09-24-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
cause they ain't gonna wanna sit around eating grits all day.

Damn, that's what I wanted to do on Friday....

Muzikman
09-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Phil,

Think you can arrange an internet connection? If they have a high speed connection in that house near by, I can bring my wireless router and we can do live updates.

cphilip
09-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Well I suppose we could do both. I can bring my big pot to the field and cook us up a batch and we eat Grits between games? And if we can find us a Possum! Yummmy! :cool:

cphilip
09-24-2003, 10:00 AM
We'll see what we can do. I know last year all we had was a dial up but we ran a long phone line down.

ezrunner
09-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Gold Dragon doesn't have High Speed but I could bring a laptop and we could find some local account to dial into for the day and do connection sharing to do that? 56k good enough?

-rob

cphilip
09-24-2003, 10:02 AM
No Rob... you take care of that Possum. Watch the side a the road on the way out. Get one with not many flies on it. :D

Muzikman
09-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ezrunner
Gold Dragon doesn't have High Speed but I could bring a laptop and we could find some local account to dial into for the day and do connection sharing to do that? 56k good enough?

-rob

I have my laptop and I have a UUnet account which should have a local number (I'll get the number, if you can check if it's local. What is the area code). I will just have to remember to bring a couple hundred feet of phone line.

ezrunner
09-24-2003, 10:19 AM
Possum....hmm....

We'll have to find a fresh one, we don't want these Yanks feel'en mistreated.

Now you work on dem vittles and I'll get my clean shovel out

-rob

ezrunner
09-24-2003, 10:20 AM
We can still do wireless though.

I can put a laptop in the house with a modem and a wireless card and tell it to keep dialing when it disconnects (Usually once every 4 hours) and we can do connection sharing so that the wireless goes through the laptop out the dialup.

No more phone line!

W00T

-rob

cphilip
09-24-2003, 10:23 AM
That would be cool Rob. High Speed AND POSSUM!!!! Whohowdey!

Muzikman
09-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Either way...I'll bring the spool of phone line just in case;)

cphilip
09-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Muzik... just in case and you need it for something else the area code is 864

ezrunner
09-24-2003, 10:29 AM
The access would only be 56K, I know we can do that.

I don't think Bell South would turn on DSL for one day :)

-rob

cphilip
09-24-2003, 10:35 AM
I got two cans and a string... :eek:

ezrunner
09-24-2003, 10:39 AM
If'ns you needs me to, I's could also be bringin my campin stove.

It came from that ole camper in jimmy's yard but he never used it. We gotta get us some propane or that there natrel gas.

Also we can rake up a good bit of that pine straw for these fellers to sit on when we's out there.

-rob

cphilip
09-24-2003, 10:46 AM
If I am not mistaken bofh has plenty of natural gas...

Muzikman
09-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Any of these numbers local to the hotel and/or the field?

Anderson, SC
ISDN V.34+ K56flex V.90 864-222-2232
Greenville, SC
ISDN V.34+ K56flex V.90 864-233-6876
Seneca, SC
ISDN V.34+ K56flex V.90 864-882-2586
Simpsonville, SC
ISDN V.34+ K56flex V.90 864-967-2648
Spartanburg, SC
ISDN V.34+ K56flex V.90 864-582-8231
Woodruff, SC
V.34+ K56flex V.90 864-476-9193

cphilip
09-24-2003, 10:59 AM
The only one might be is Seneca. I would have to check what Gold Draggon is local to.

cphilip
09-24-2003, 01:40 PM
The Seneca number is local to the Hotel but not the Field.

None of those numbers is local from the field.

Assuming you go by what is local on Bell South's considered local calls thingie.

personman
09-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Bring a flash card reader so people can bring digital cameras and when there done taking pics they can just pop it in and upload to AO! :D

Lone Wolf2
09-24-2003, 04:00 PM
w00t w00t...ill try to find a ride

Muzikman
09-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Bring a flash card reader so people can bring digital cameras and when there done taking pics they can just pop it in and upload to AO! :D

That's not a problem...I can read CF, MS, MD, and anything else that will plug into a PCMCIA slot. ;)

SlipknotX556
09-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Dude what the...

Now I may have to drive my lazy self up to see Simon.

Na, I will see you at the cup Simon, cant wait.

manike
09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Dude what the...

Ahhh, you know you've made it in life when you have your own personal stalker... :D

;)

Jonesie
09-24-2003, 07:45 PM
must buy a digital cammie for this event...

cphilip
09-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Dude what the...

You do realise that there is a major difference between a major tournament and an AO event like AO SE? At a major tournament you get lost in the crowd and shuffle around with all the rest and deal with deadlines and schedules. At at SC AO SE you get one on one time in a social environement where you REALY get to know the people and spend time with them as a close nit group. Its a totaly different thing. And its totaly intimate and special. You ought to drive your lazy self up. It's worth it. I promise you that. You will never miss another one if you come. In fact all tournements will pale in comparison to the experience you will have here at this event. Thats a bold statement but I been to both and I will say that NOTHING beats an AO day. And NOTHING will beat this AO Day.

personman
09-24-2003, 08:22 PM
And NOTHING will beat this AO Day.
Except the next one :D
Yes mauahah you're going to have to do another one NEXT YEAR!

Oh, btw what happened to Fat man? I havent seen him post lately and I dont think he has posted in this thread yet..

Jonesie
09-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Hey Phil,
I read, but didn't notice the answer to this:

Is AOSC FPO or BYOP?

Thanks ~ Dave

Kevmaster
09-24-2003, 08:44 PM
yep!

AO SE Rocks!

I went last year and had a BALL! I plan to go this year, and its likely i will haev to leave saturday before noon (yes, id go just to be there for friday night)

Jonesie: lsat year it was FPO...i presume it is this year aswell

cphilip
09-24-2003, 08:47 PM
field paint only. Any proceeds from paint sales over cost of the event will go to Clemson Paintball Club. That will be their pay to pay for their dinner and their work to get the field ready and ref us all day. We do not expect to make much over that but we gotta cover it. But!

Paint right now looks like it will range from 40 to 55 a case. 55 will be the top stuff. Even the lower price will be excellent paint though. We think there will be three grades there. $40, $45 and $55. I will announce that soon. The highest will be full best grade tourney paint. I mean top grade too. Like Draxus Voodoo or something like that but top of the line. So we not marking it up much at all. Just enough to cover event costs and trophies and such. You will be happy with it. And it will be cheap. I promise. You will be shooting top quality fresh paint no matter what level you chose. And for far less than you are used to paying.

cphilip
09-24-2003, 08:50 PM
Oh, btw what happened to Fat man? I havent seen him post lately and I dont think he has posted in this thread yet..

We currently have him medicated and under evaluation. If he eats all his spinch we may let him out for AO day. :D

Jonesie
09-24-2003, 09:12 PM
FPO is cool. Just wanted to make sure to bring some of the Nasty Pink Toothpaste my team shoots if it were BYOP. :D

Jonesie Out!

Load SM5
09-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
FPO is cool. Just wanted to make sure to bring some of the Nasty Pink Toothpaste my team shoots if it were BYOP. :D

Jonesie Out!

You mean the glittery pink stuff that that fuzzy, pierced, angry midget on your team loves so much?:D

cphilip
09-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Well we did allow some one to use his own paint last year. But he bought a case of ours to compensate and checked that with the Field Owner and the Head Ref. And it was ok since he did purchase a case of ours for the case he used. That can be done. But every thing else in this event is at cost so Field paint is our only method of offsetting cost and its mark up is resonable and we are going to extra effort this year to have a good choice of paint. So I would rather you used our paint. It's just too hard to keep up with and we know the colors we chose so if a few of you are dead set on it then it could be worked out but expect to purchase some paint either way. Sound good? Its all for a good cause and its most likely not going to cover much more than expenses anyway. We have the costs down to dirt cheap.

bofh
09-25-2003, 10:08 AM
If I am not mistaken bofh has plenty of natural gas...

You must be mistaken... it wasn't me :)

cphilip
09-25-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bofh

You must be mistaken... it wasn't me :)

As we used to say "a skunk always smells him self first" na na nanana!. ;)

cphilip
09-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Raffle sponsors so far:

Airgun Designs
The Angel Guy
Paintballistix

Plus our Main paint supplier that will be announced next week

More to come! Loads of free crap! :D

personman
09-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Mmmm free crap... *drool*
I still have my TAG visor from last year :D

Kevmaster
09-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Unclue Phil!!

I have horrid news!!

Im 95% certain that I will NOT be there for play on saturday and 50% sure I wont be there at all :(

Im gunna see how my schedule works out, but I will have work that weekend, and that work is unmissable most likely.

personman
09-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo not kevmaster!
You made me famous! :p

Kevmaster
09-25-2003, 10:26 PM
you wanna write AOSC II and submit it to PB2X and note how I wasnt there this year?:D return the favor?

cris8762
09-25-2003, 10:31 PM
ahhhh kev no!

now i wont be able to make fun of you for owning a RM the whole time!!!

well, i still hope to go but i'm trying to justify blowing a month's paycheck on this (around 130 for train, 40 for hotel IF i can split one, and 2 cases of paint)

Jonesie
09-26-2003, 08:24 AM
Well we did allow some one to use his own paint last year. But he bought a case of ours to compensate and checked that with the Field Owner and the Head Ref. And it was ok since he did purchase a case of ours for the case he used. That can be done. But every thing else in this event is at cost so Field paint is our only method of offsetting cost and its mark up is resonable and we are going to extra effort this year to have a good choice of paint. So I would rather you used our paint. It's just too hard to keep up with and we know the colors we chose so if a few of you are dead set on it then it could be worked out but expect to purchase some paint either way. Sound good? Its all for a good cause and its most likely not going to cover much more than expenses anyway. We have the costs down to dirt cheap.

No problem Phil, I'll use FP. I was just making sure I showed-up fully prepared. :)

You mean the glittery pink stuff that that fuzzy, pierced, angry midget on your team loves so much?
Hey Jeff, only we get to call him a fuzzy, pierced, angry midget! :) Seriously, we do call him that!

Later ~ Dave

cphilip
09-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Kev... I am not accepting that excuse. You WILL be there. Thats an order!

Load SM5
09-26-2003, 09:03 AM

Hey Jeff, only we get to call him a fuzzy, pierced, angry midget! :) Seriously, we do call him that!

Later ~ Dave

Hehe crazy. He does need to watch his temper though. He almost had our entire team waiting to kick his face in after Nashville.

Load SM5
09-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Kev! That sucks. Be there or I'll never scab for your team again!:mad: ;)

Kevmaster
09-26-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm hoping Friday night i'll be there....but if i get the job i REALLY hope I get (and im 95% sure I will) I will 100% have to be back in the 'ham by 5pm...making me leave around noon Saturday

whhaaa

Albinonewt
09-26-2003, 04:09 PM
I think I'll head out to this afterall.

Can somebody pick up a Jersey Boy at the airport on Friday?

Load SM5
09-26-2003, 06:25 PM
I could depending on when your plane lands. We might have to drive with the windows down to air the Jersey taint off you.:D

Dayspring
09-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, He's trying to get me to fly down with him. I'm hoping to know tomorrow. :)

Got room?

Load SM5
09-26-2003, 06:31 PM
Sure, I keep my car free of surplus crap unlike some people.;)

Kaiser Bob
09-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Im an advocate for train travel so ill be coming by that means, anyone wanna pick me up from the clemson station?

Dayspring
09-26-2003, 07:04 PM
oooooh. That was low...

I hauled your butt around and this is the thanks I get...

pfft!:p

Load SM5
09-26-2003, 07:10 PM
I just can't forget you, me, Army, Sarah and Miscue all trying to jam into that thing, at the airport, with all of our crap. "Who's box is that. I dunno but it's about to die" *SMASH*

KB- It depends on when you get in. I'll shuttle people all night but i probably wona't get into town until around 6pm.

Kevmaster
09-26-2003, 08:41 PM
i might be able to get someone.....

Jonesie
09-26-2003, 08:47 PM
Hey Jeff, don't forget that you'll be shuttling me in from the ATL! :)

Jeff_PbDaddy
09-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Please be sure to include PaintballDaddy.com as a raffle sponsor for this event.

If I can get TK to come down a day early, we can also do an Inland Empire AO meeting at our new location!

Jeff

nitto
09-26-2003, 10:57 PM
This sounds like fun! If anyone in the Atlanta area needs a ride and wants to split a room, let me know!

Load SM5
09-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Hey Jeff, don't forget that you'll be shuttling me in from the ATL! :)

I have'nt forgotten but I figure I can go and fetch people if they need a ride, after we get there.

Jeff_PbDaddy
09-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Opps!

Sorry all. Please disregard my prior post. I got some bad info that TK was coming to "SC" Village out here in CA from one of the AO locals.

That will teach me not to check out the first 4 pages of a thread.

Jeff

1stdeadeye
09-27-2003, 04:16 PM
Anyone from Jersey Driving down?

Maybe taking the train?

*me doesn't like to fly*

Would prefer to drive down, but not alone.

Tunaman
09-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Well....there really is a god...
Count me in Boys...I am on my way down! WOOT!
Phil! Hook me up with some details on where to stay and what airport and stuff! I am also a willing sponsor of some great raffle prizes. Oh man...this ones gonna be good! I am so happy right now....:D :D

Kevmaster
09-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Tunaman??? Nooo...I feel SOOOO bad missing Saturday's game....
Load, Tuna, Phil...in addition to Simon, Tom, Jon

all I have to say is you guys had better damn well be there Friday night so we can all...well...enjoy each other's company

Load SM5
09-27-2003, 10:31 PM
Awesome, I finally get to meet ol' Fishboy in person!:D No worries Kev. We'll open it up for you Friday night.

Tunaman
09-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Awesome, I finally get to meet ol' Fishboy in person!:D No worries Kev. We'll open it up for you Friday night. ol' Fisboy? That's Mr Tunaman to you Boy! and you better wear 2 pairs of underwear that day...Tom asked me to....well...you will see!:D :D :p

Load SM5
09-27-2003, 11:13 PM
You actually play paintball Tuna? Or are you just going to "accidentally" shoot my can while teching a gun?:D

Dayspring
09-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Not sure yet.

I know Mel from PBX may be going down too.

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Anyone from Jersey Driving down?

Maybe taking the train?

*me doesn't like to fly*

Would prefer to drive down, but not alone.

Kaiser Bob
09-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Phil! Hook me up with some details on where to stay and what airport and stuff! I am also a willing sponsor of some great raffle prizes. Oh man...this ones gonna be good! I am so happy right now....:D :D

Hey tuna, gimme a ride down man, I was going to take the train, but road trips are more fun anyway, Ill have the lappy with the aircard so we can give updates on the way down :)

cphilip
09-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman

Holy FREAKING SWEET!!!!!! This is great news!!!! Tunalicious! OK I get with ya Tuna. If you flying in you want Greenville Spartanburg and we get you picked up and all once we know your flight.

As far as Mel he told me that he has tournament responsibilities that weekend so he said he was not going to make it. Has something changed?

cphilip
09-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Jeff_PbDaddy
Please be sure to include PaintballDaddy.com as a raffle sponsor for this event

Jeff

Jeff, just because he not coming out your way that still doesn't mean we can't use some free crap and you be a sponsor! OR EVEN COME OUT HERE!!!! :D ;)

Tunaman
09-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob

Hey tuna, gimme a ride down man, I was going to take the train, but road trips are more fun anyway, Ill have the lappy with the aircard so we can give updates on the way down :) I dunno about driving down...I gotta go to work on Monday so i will be beat to crap. I am trying to get a flight right now . Damn its expensive to fly down there...:(

Warewolf50
09-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Anyone goin from Ga like to give me a ride, pleeeeease I really want to go. I will even pich in for gas money.

Kevmaster
09-28-2003, 07:10 PM
www.allcheapfares.com -- $150 for round trip tix to Orlando from Durham

I recommend them

Load SM5
09-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Warewolf50
Anyone goin from Ga like to give me a ride, pleeeeease I really want to go. I will even pich in for gas money.

What time could you be ready to go on Friday? I'm picking up Jonesie on the way through Atlanta and I could possibly grab you too.

cphilip
09-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Pervert!

Ok I got some news.

Here is the basics of the Tournament format:

It will be all three mans. Don't worry if you do not have a team. Come and we will be pairing you up with similar talent and ages mixed. If you come as a team thats fine too but we are going to do a lot of organization that morning with all the individuals that come as well. So don't worry. Come and we will take care of that at morning meeting.

Ok this is going to be a "Paintball Tournament" Format. What I mean by that is its going to involve multiple skills scoring. Interesting eh? Well it will be. It will not all be speed ball. But then again a lot of it will be. It will not all be three on three every single game either. It will not all be woods. It will involve you carrying your score card around with you collecting points at each event. Sort of like Golf.

Confused? Well let me give you just some of the details and a sort of example of how your day will go...

You will play as a 3 man team against other 3 man teams randomly matched and assigned. But at the Top gun field you will each of your team mates play each of theirs one on one. Then you would move to the 3 man field and play another team three on three in a timed speed ball game. Then you would move on to the five man field where you would then play your next team match up in three on three. And then you would move to the woods for a three on three. Breaks in between of course. Still tournement style in respect to scheduling games. You might end up doing this several times at each station and play every team at one place or another but never the same team twice depending on how many teams we end up with. At each of these stations you would collect points on scoring. The Judges will sign off on your score sheet. Testing all your different skills at all different situations in the end. Collecting points and amassing them over the morning as a team. Then after lunch and by then your score cards are tallied up we will then go to finals (and some rec play on the hill fields will continue for those out of finals. The Hill will be open for Rec all day as well. But everyone can enter the tournement and we want you too. It's not just a regular Tournament really. Its something we feel might add some interest and let people of various skills and interests end up in one situation several times thats there thing. Its a variety of play and situations. All scoring points. You get all your skills tested. All these will be timed matches.

Get it? Sounds kinda wild doesn't it?

Load SM5
09-28-2003, 07:37 PM
You just can't do anything normal can you?;)

cphilip
09-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Er hit the wrong button...

Nope! but think about this. Kind of interesting isn't it? And different. And challenging. Especialy the one on ones as teams on top gun and the woods thrown in. I LOVE IT!!!

Fatman came up with this idea last night at our Camp at the Albino Skunk festival. And even sober it rocks. :D

Albinonewt
09-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Don't be blaming your insanity on innocent Albinos. We had nothing to do with it. :)

Warewolf50
09-28-2003, 10:33 PM

What time could you be ready to go on Friday? I'm picking up Jonesie on the way through Atlanta and I could possibly grab you too.

I could be ready at any time.

speeddemon
09-28-2003, 11:36 PM
So phil, basically this is paintball miniature golf style? Sounds interesting, although it does make me wonder how someone would think this up(lots of beer?).

headcase
09-29-2003, 07:08 AM
My personal opinion on the teams:

Make them all random.

I'm sure that many people will not like this, but this is supposed to be a "fun" event, and random teams along with the interesting format, would, imho, give everyone the best chance at having fun.

There are going to be a lot of people at the event that have never met face-to-face, nevermind played together, so anyone that has played together has a large advantage.

So get get the registration list together, and put the teams together with no sorting of skill/friends/equipment and let fate have it's way with the day.

cphilip
09-29-2003, 08:27 AM
Well for the most part they are random as it is. They are not any of them regular teams that I know of. They are internet long distance relationship formed teams that never played or rarely played as a team. And certainly never have played THIS style of ball as a team. So I do not want to take away some of the AO pickup style rivalry teams that are such a part of these events. Several of them form up at AO events and thats the only time they play together. And for instance you do not want to discourage a family team. Like a father and his two daughters playing together. That has happened at these. So you cannot make a rule like that without taking some of the fun away from a fun event. You have to be flexible enough to allow some preorganization of teams. But I suspect almost all but three or four teams will be random pick up for that day. You are free to make your own among the people you meet Friday night, now here on AO or even that morning to before we do end up assigning. If you want to start a thread on team organizing in Meet and Greet and go ahead and start that then thats fine.

And yes it is supposed to be a fun thing. And for the most part even people that form a team will be doing so in fun. Always has been that way. We will discourage any real organized team structures if we can. But I do not realy expect to see much of that. Then again the few that have showed up in the past have not done that well in these altered formats. Its not what they are used to seeing.

I suspect the secret to this event is going to be agressive movement and accuracy. Premium on points will most likely be elimination count not flag hangs or anything. In fact it may all be elimination count and not capture the flag style. One point per man. For ease of scoring and to be sure one particular field and game style does not counteract another one in points. We finalize the rules and scoring this week sometime and I let you know. But that's the most likely way to do it.

Yes! Beer gets the creative juices flowing! :D

Muzikman
09-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Although I do like the idea of ramdom teams, but there are also those people who only see each other a few times a year and would like to play together. In regular AO fashion, I doubt there are going to be any ringer teams.

wyn1370
09-29-2003, 08:30 AM
Yes! Beer gets the creative juices flowing! :D
as well as other things

cphilip
09-29-2003, 08:34 AM
Although I do like the idea of ramdom teams, but there are also those people who only see each other a few times a year and would like to play together. In regular AO fashion, I doubt there are going to be any ringer teams.

Exactly my take on it as well.

1stdeadeye
09-29-2003, 01:17 PM
I AM GOING!!!!!

Got a driving partner so I will be there!!!!!

Bwahaahahahahahaha....Prepare to get OWNED!!;)

Albinonewt
09-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Yeah Yeah, we'll see you guys there!

Prepares to be RENTED!!!!

(I'm not really willing to commit to owning anyone. Most of you have too many miles on you to really make a worthwhile purchase)

manike
09-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
I AM GOING!!!!!

Got a driving partner so I will be there!!!!!

Bwahaahahahahahaha....Prepare to get OWNED!!;)

Don't you mean 'pwned'?

Oh and BTW you guy's couldn't afford to OWN me!!! I'm hella expensive. :D