PDA

View Full Version : The Irony of Mags Reliabilty

TheBigRaguPB4L
09-11-2003, 05:52 PM
I came accross a problem with my emag the other day that i would imagine others would actually have as well. For the first time in quite a while(i'd estimate around a 1-1.5 years) my emag went down. I had a really hard leak coming out of the front almost like it was missing an on/off oring. Anyways, i took it to my toolbox and was about to start working on it when i realized, i didn't know what was wrong with it. I couldn't think of what the problem was. It had been so long that i had to worry about fixing my mag that i forgot what leaks and little tricks to figure out where the problem was. I messed with it through trial and error for about 5 minutes until i decided to just switch to one of my back-ups for the night.

I know i'm not the only one with this problem. Anyone else forget how to fix their mag?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-11-2003, 06:05 PM
I had to send my Xmag to Havoc, he is fixing mine right now.

LaW
09-11-2003, 06:09 PM
eh I have had a mag for almost 6 years now in some way or another, so fixing a mag is just natural for me if it has to be fixed...

FutureMagOwner
09-11-2003, 06:12 PM
my emag is acting odd too and i forget how to tune a level 10 to fix it or what else could be causing it

Lohman446
09-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Look at the bolt spring - if it is below the top of the bolt its age could cause your problems... my friggin bolt spring leaks like once a month and I have to repalce it in my X-valved mechanical mag... stupid spring.

Python14
09-11-2003, 06:33 PM
When my mag went down for the first time, we had to go through counseling because it was such a shock.

speedyejl
09-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Assuming its you have LX check the carrier oring, mine messed me up bad. My carrier oring was too tight and I didnt relize this for a while. The bolt basically had FSDO, and it would double feed from time to time, along with just jamming up. I figured it out when I came across an indirect mention to this in the xmag manual. Now I'm at the next largest carrier and it has a little leak from time to time. I'd rather have it leak than not shoot though

Halliday
09-11-2003, 08:47 PM
If you want to keep sharp on how to fix Mags, read the Tech dept here or be a Mod of a Mag paintball forum.

LittlePaintballBoy
09-11-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Python14
When my mag went down for the first time, we had to go through counseling because it was such a shock.

SIGGED!!!

wobbles82
09-11-2003, 10:01 PM
My mag goes down a lot actually, lol, but I still dont remember what im doing. Its just me prolly...

Jeffy-CanCon
09-12-2003, 10:00 AM
The two times my Mag went down on me, I had no clue what it was. It had been years since I'd seen the video, or read the manual. Fortunately, most of my friends use Mags, and some of them are technically minded.