PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve & ULT Install

Thumper33
09-11-2003, 09:59 PM
After I install the X-valve and the ULT, now it pulls the sear, but doesn't fire. I haven't played with the Lvl 10 shims yet, but the shim seems a bit tight. I'm going to change to a larger carrier.

The X came with a new sear. It's the same as the stock one right? My old one was in good condition so I didn't change it. Should I? Directions didn't say anything about it.

Mike

ChucktheMAGician
09-11-2003, 10:10 PM
The sears are the same, so you were thinking right there. I'm not sure on the not firing problem. It could be bolt stick but I'm not familiar w/ the ULE trigger so it could be that. You mentioned going to a larger carrier and if it's bolt stick that would fix it, but if it leaks it was something else:) Good Luck.

Thumper33
09-11-2003, 10:15 PM
nevermind... turned up the velocity, changed the carrier, and smiled like hell :D.

It finally works!

Thanks for the sear info though! that makes me feel better.

speeddemon
09-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Alright, what I did when I got my X-valve and ULT (at the same time) was I went ahead and put all 5 shims in the ULT, and then tried the 2.0 carrier with no shims. Then I had to go down on the carrier to fix it from leaking, and its been fine ever since. Basically you need to just get the LX working first, then mess with the shims on the ULT.

Thumper33
09-11-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm almost out of gas and don't have my cocker barrel yet (just got the ULE too), so I can't test fire it. I've got it so the LX is right now as far as I can tell, and will mess w/ the ULT more when I get more air. Hopefully tomorrow! I'm anxious!

Mike

RT77
09-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Ok, came in a little late on this thread but did you feel a big weight difference from the standard classic body and valve?

Thumper33
09-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Yes, I actually did feel quite a big difference. I would estimate about 1/2 a pound difference.

I should have weighed the X-valve and ULE before I changed everything but I was too excited and forgot to.

I honestly can say that you can definitely feel a noticable difference. The question is: Is it worth $500 to you? It's probably a question best answered at the end of a long day of holding it. I'll let you know after I have :).

Mike

afrankart
09-12-2003, 06:14 PM
People, tune your level 10 before you even put your ULE trigger assy in.. This will save you lost of tuning in the future. By the way, if you don't have a barrel, how do you know that your LVX is tuned? you have to chrono it to make sure you have the right spring in for your application.