PDA

View Full Version : new pb pistols?

FooTemps
09-12-2003, 02:03 AM
I saw a couple new releases so I'm wondering how those compare...

Anyone own one of those armortech or something... No clue what they're called.

Vida
09-12-2003, 02:19 AM
Hey Foo, its the Armotech Zeus. www.armotech.com Haven't had the chance to use one yet, but its supposed to be the best production semi-auto pistol being made right now. (Aside from a custom job like a Palmer Squall or something.) Its a blowback (I believe) like the Punisher or PT. Armotech however, seems to have gotten it right, and it reputedly does not suffer from the problems of those similar markers. There are some reviews for it up on pbreview.com Hope I've been of help.

nippinout
09-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Here's a new badass pistol. Saw one at the shop the other day.

Delta .68 made by 32 Degrees.

shartley
09-12-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by nippinout

That is sweet. Do you know how it actually shoots? Looks are only half the equation. But if it shoots well it may be on my “to get list”….. I have also been keeping an eye on the Zeus. They seem to be very nice…

Added: Anyone else think the circle logo for Armotech looks a lot like the Dye logo turned sideways? Just caught my eye.
http://www.armotech.com/product/images/Top_ball.jpghttps://www.dyeprecision.com/images/promo/stickers/SPHERESTICK.gif

Marek
09-12-2003, 05:57 AM

Man, that gun looks cool. I'm with Shartley, how does it shoot?

Curious, but what are some of the problems that other pistols have had? Never looked into getting one, so don't know anything about them.

dansim
09-12-2003, 06:10 AM
other pistols suffer from low accuracy slow fps, i had a pt and only with a pro carbine spring was i able to bring it up to 250, lots of bolt stick,poor 12gram efficency, they may have fixed some of these problems, but the bolt stick was the only thing that really ticked me off the gun would litteraly seize up and id have to bang the hell out of it trying to hit the little side cocking knob on the pt, but the delta looks pretty sweet, i was contemplating geting a zeus though

wyn1370
09-12-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Added: Anyone else think the circle logo for Armotech looks a lot like the Dye logo turned sideways? Just caught my eye.
you gonna call dye and tell them about it?

Marek
09-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by dansim
other pistols suffer from low accuracy slow fps, i had a pt and only with a pro carbine spring was i able to bring it up to 250, lots of bolt stick,poor 12gram efficency, they may have fixed some of these problems, but the bolt stick was the only thing that really ticked me off the gun would litteraly seize up and id have to bang the hell out of it trying to hit the little side cocking knob on the pt, but the delta looks pretty sweet, i was contemplating geting a zeus though

Thanks for the info. Must look into these some more.

-=Squid=-
09-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370

you gonna call dye and tell them about it?

wyn: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu7.jpg

Dansim: Nah wont post anything, for a second I thought mabe we were on better grounds?

Skoad
09-12-2003, 11:10 AM
i know one day here at school we went to play, the local field was closed so i couldn't get hpa fills.

we ended up using i think 2 m98s, a raptor, talon, and one guy had a .40 caliber little pistol.

the .40 cal was way better than all the others, and it got a good amount of shots off a 12 gram

morph228
09-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Jeez that thing looks great. pretty cheap too!...i'm gonna pick me one of them up!

GoatBoy
09-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Does anyone remember the old days...

back when, you know...

12g cartridges were...

you know...

IN THE GRIP?!

Who was the genius that decided we liked toting triple stacks around?

Goldie D Pimp
09-12-2003, 12:45 PM
I've actually shot one of those delta's.

They don't seem too bad. they're definitely better than the pt extreme and fairly rugged feeling in general.

It seemed to get 20 or so good shots off of a 12 gram, but I didn't chrony it, so I have no idea how fast they were shooting.

sps16
09-12-2003, 12:54 PM
nice, how much are those guys?

Deep Sixx
09-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by shartley

http://www.armotech.com/product/images/Top_ball.jpghttps://www.dyeprecision.com/images/promo/stickers/SPHERESTICK.gif

Yeah... and if you turn it upside down you get this (http://www.lexus.com)

sixx

Surreal
09-12-2003, 01:38 PM

hi, can i have a cop shoot me now or later please?

shartley
09-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Deep Sixx

sixx
LOL That you do!

Of course they are in different industries though... but isn't that a hoot.....

dansim
09-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

Dansim: Nah wont post anything, for a second I thought mabe we were on better grounds?

wait what? i didnt flame anyone what are you talking about, youve thrown my whole world into disaray, but what is the asking price for the delta anyway? i figure its gotta be better than the pt enforcer(thats what i had btw not teh extreem)

doc_Zox
09-12-2003, 03:32 PM
i thought the Delta 68 was the PT Xtreme 2.0

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1962/

actionvillage sets the price at $120

i think i would rather have this:
http://members.aol.com/niterocker1/gunpics/sydarmhol

~WarpedRT#2~
09-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Every pistol I've ever had shoots very accuratly. I have had a PT Enforcer, I do have an old Splatmaster, and a Wolfpack pump. They all hit dead on where ever I aimed them.

-=Squid=-
09-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by dansim

wait what? i didnt flame anyone what are you talking about, youve thrown my whole world into disaray, but what is the asking price for the delta anyway? i figure its gotta be better than the pt enforcer(thats what i had btw not teh extreem)

Nah, its best you shalt never know...well, do you still hate me?

ASDadam
09-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Just a warning with the Delta 68. Its a POS. It uses the same bolt, valve, etc as the Xtreme. It is almost identical to the Xtreme. My sponor bought some of these for the store and he just sent them all back because not a single one he ordered worked. They are horrible. My recomendation would be the Zeus. My friend has one and mine is on order. His has never had any problems, it shoots awesome, alittle hard to clean but a very nice sidearm none the less. Over 1000 rounds through it and it hasn't failed him yet. Thats the gun i would recommend to you not the Xtreme. BTW the new PGP is pretty bad too, sent mine back 2 days after i got it.

Gitaroo Man
09-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Deep Sixx

sixx

yeah i posted that awhile ago...made thread about it

Niterocker
09-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Sorry to jump in this conversation so late, but...

I haven't had a lot of experiance with the Delta, but I have had lots of experiance with the PTE and PTX from 32 degrees. Both of them were just awful. I haven't heard anything that implies that the Delta provides any real improvement in peformance.

My Zeus G2 worked very well for me, but chronographed quite a bit lower than some of the figures I have been hearing. Mine topped out at 260 on a warm day. I know of people having to cut the main spring of the Zeus to get it down to 300.

If I were only going to own one low-range semiauto, it would be a Core ZX. They went out of production temporarily, but are supposed to come back sometime this fall. From my understanding, it was Core that came up with the design that was basically replicated for the original version of the Zeus. Of course, from the look of the Core it was a heavily modified PTE, but I don't know that as a fact.

If you weren't to put a cap on spending, I would say that the Squall is the best sidearm out there. Heavy, large and expensive, but do they ever shoot well.

I am kind of a collector of sidearms, so I've seen almost everything out there. Almost.

-Keith

FooTemps
09-12-2003, 11:23 PM
yeah, i'm interested in how the core pistols perform too.

WARPED1
09-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by GoatBoy

Who was the genius that decided we liked toting triple stacks around? That would be PMI, with the PMI3/VM-68 Magnum.

Niterocker
09-12-2003, 11:33 PM
I could be wrong, but I would dare to say that the first triple tube was the top-tube PG from Sheridan. It replaced the side-tube PG and was the basis for the PGP.

Again, I could be wrong on that.

I would love to see more guns go back to the 12-gram in the handle. The Sidekick still uses that system...but that gun has its own problems.

-Keith
(hajkowski@aol.com)

judster
09-13-2003, 09:52 AM
theres a post in the scenario section of the boards about pistols as well. the delta is just a fancy looking PT evtreme. form what ive been told the delta have been recalled due to air problems. please dont take this as fact, it is jsut hear say. now i have used pt extremes in the past and not have been impressed. the problems i have: with out getting an after market spring(like the ones found in a spyder) you cannot get them to shoot over 200. if you air them up and let them set for awhile, the pt will not shoot. you have to recock it to get going again, and then you run the risk of chopping a ball. another problem ive faced is when useing smaller paintballs, the detent doesnt hold the balls in place and you end up getting mutiple paintballs in the barrel. all in all the pt extreme is not a good pistol. now from shooting the zeus and having friends that swear by them, i can say they are pretty good guns. ive also been told if you can find a semi sidekick that doesnt leak that they are pretty good too. but if you want a good pistol i would recomend the palmer squall. its a little heavier then most, but its well made and very good. jsut thought i would throw my 2 cents....

68magOwner
09-13-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Skoad
i know one day here at school we went to play, the local field was closed so i couldn't get hpa fills.

we ended up using i think 2 m98s, a raptor, talon, and one guy had a .40 caliber little pistol.

the .40 cal was way better than all the others, and it got a good amount of shots off a 12 gram

Actually it was a .46 calliber (i think) anyway, ive got 1 of those sitting in my room i agree, its actually preety nice, really small, and literally gets over 50 shots a 12g :eek: the only problem i ever had with it was low fps, but that was fixed mostly bu putting in a bigger spring, could still use some paper or something to get it up just a lil higher, but anyway, if anyone wants it PM me i dont really use it much, so ill let it go for a remote hose, any shocker upgrade, mabey a nice mask, a pack, a lil money, watever you got, just PM me with an offer

Edit- i also have ~1000 of the mini paintballs that i would send with it.

kosmo
09-13-2003, 10:59 AM
My friend used to have a paintball revolver that used the smaller paintballs. I still think it would be a lot better idea to use smaller paintballs instead of .68's. Less mass means you could jack the velocity up to increase range and still have less energy on impact, and guns could be hella smaller. Think of how tiny a mag could be if paintballs were smaller. Anyway, that gun was hella fun to mess with.

Fastkid
09-13-2003, 02:03 PM
kosmo, not the worst idea ever