PDA

View Full Version : OTP barrel system

i_baked_cookies
09-13-2003, 06:51 PM
anyone have one? is it any good? i heard it was better than the freak. i think it looks better.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-13-2003, 08:00 PM
I have never used one in game, but personally I think they are horrible. I don't like the way to change bore sizes.

fire1811
09-13-2003, 08:36 PM
bought one and sold it the same week

was really not impressed with it

kenndogg
09-14-2003, 03:18 AM
i bought mine off of ebay for 50 bucks. its worth every penny. if money is tight and you absolutely need a cheap barrel kit I say go for it.

cphilip
09-14-2003, 11:37 AM
I had one and it worked fine. Only thing I did not like was the way the inserts screwed in was the same threaded way the tip screwed off. So when you went to remove it from the marker often the insert would stay put and the tip screw off. If you took a wrench and realy snugged the insert to the tip it would work fine. There is a hex faceting on the insert to do this and the oring keeps it tight but you have to do that. Other than that it shot real nice. It kinda had a distinct "ping" to it when it shot. I sold it to someone here on the board and I think he liked it pretty well.

But for the money right now I would opt for the Edge kit. Often this one is $100 and its a two piece and well made with a nice hard shell case. I think its got four sized backs and one tip. Shoots pretty nice for a two piece and a bargain at $100.

wobbles82
09-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Yea the OTP isnt the greatest, but I suppose its a good way to get an adjustable system. Phil, I was wondering, did ya see it somewhere for like 100 bucks?!? Ive seen it for 115, and plan to get it, but 100 would be better :>.

cphilip
09-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Um.... I forget where I got mine but it was free shipping for anything over 100 and it was like almost $100 so it was just a hair over that when it got here. Paintball Discounters or something comes to mind. I have the link at work but not with me. But I think that was it. If you do a search for Edge Kit and my user name I bet it would pop up where and exactly how much I got mine for. There were several places had em for about that a few months back.

cphilip
09-14-2003, 01:37 PM
Ok here is what I remember. It was Paintball Discounters. But they have a price match and free shipping over $100 order. But their price is $114.99 for the four back kit. So I think it was Paintball Gear had them for $99 at the time but free shipping was only on orders over $200. So by calling Paintball Discouters.com (only way to price match with them) and ordering two of them (almost $200 worth so same as PBG to get free ship and match price of Value) Paintball discouters was then willing to match them at $200 worth of stuff for free shipping. Read their free shipping and carefully read the price match policy. It has to be same value including the shipping value. So getting two at that and something just to throw it over $200 was what was needed to fullfill that. So I think I just ordered a tank nipple cover or something ($5 item) and two kits and got it all shipped for like $205. Then I sold the extra kit to a another friend here for $100. So I had mine for $100 but I cannot recall where I price matched at $99. I think it was PBG or 888 or something.