PDA

View Full Version : why to shop with your mom:

fyse0
09-13-2003, 08:53 PM
why to shop with your mom:

went to a paintball shop to get the following things today and ended up with better. (i had 50 bucks)

Camo pants
JT 20 dollar mask

not only did my mom pay but i got:
JT Proteus
Raven Pro pants

collectively those two items cost more than my gun hahah

FalconGuy016
09-13-2003, 09:10 PM
I understand you fyse0

However, that doesnt happen with my mom :) but once, I went in there with my dad, (for a long time I was complaining about my benchmark trigger frame, just to complain, nothing else) and he randomly bought me a brand new intelliframe. That is a one time occurance though :)

FooTemps
09-13-2003, 09:21 PM
dude... if i went shopping with my mom... she'd be like this:

"YOU CAN'T BUY THAT, IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE! BUY THIS CHEAP LOW QUALITY ONE THAT'LL BREAK IN A DAY THAT LOOKS GOOD! I DON'T KNOW ANYTING ABOUT PAINTBALL SO I'LL RECCOMEND THE CRAPPIEST STUFF THAT IS CHEAP!"

swat150
09-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf
"collectively those two items cost more than my gun hahah"

I went to my aunts house for the summer and played alot of paintball with my cousin. I sold my gun 2 years ago. So my aunt loaned me money to get me set up. I went to my local shop and got all set up. My aunt made shure I had the stuff i needed. She even bought me a case of paint when i couldnt afford it. She made shure that I had a blast.

dinger
09-13-2003, 10:26 PM
man..

i went to my local shop to get a dropforward... and my mom out-of-the-blue bought me a 90/3k nitroduck tank. i mean wtf??! i didn't really want it... and now im stuck with it... :(

i was gonna pay less for something better... craaaaap

fyse0
09-13-2003, 10:31 PM
well my mom doesnt know how to pull the trigger on a paintball gun so she'd ask if i'd want it first.. and it was great..

i was about to buy the proflex mask, and she goes eric only 20 bucks more and that one looks cooler, here ill pay for you lol

09-13-2003, 10:44 PM
I wish my mom was like that, she is the opposite.

"YOU CAN'T BUY THAT, IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE! BUY THIS CHEAP LOW QUALITY ONE THAT'LL BREAK IN A DAY THAT LOOKS GOOD! I DON'T KNOW ANYTING ABOUT PAINTBALL SO I'LL RECCOMEND THE CRAPPIEST STUFF THAT IS CHEAP!"

Footemps said it best. howver my mom does the same thing with almost anything (cars, stereo equipment, hockey).

Xyxyll
09-13-2003, 10:44 PM
My dad plays paintball, so if I ever take any parent, I take him.

-Carnifex-
09-13-2003, 10:47 PM
Correction, Why to shop with your mom is she is rich.

~WarpedRT#2~
09-14-2003, 12:08 AM
Wow. My mom would say "Too bad, if you dont have the oney, then thats just too bad" Turning 20 sucks.:mad: Also, having a job and tons of bills doesnt help paintball either.

TigerMan
09-14-2003, 01:03 AM
Taking a parent along can be very helpful if your wanting to buy a hgher end gun. Once your parents get in the store and actually see them and hear information from people selling it, they want to make sure you'll get something that lasts and justifies you spending a certain amount.

fdsovd
09-14-2003, 01:28 AM
one time my dad gave me $20 for a case of paint... that's all i ever got from him paintball wise

UltimatePaintballer
09-14-2003, 01:33 AM
man, i haven't been doing anything this week since school and just been on the computer. well my mom thinks im depressed or something so she wants me to go out and do stuff, so she said she would pay for some of my paintballing!!!! woot woot lol

UltimatePaintballer
09-14-2003, 01:35 AM
another thing to add, i was at my local shop once and a dad and his two sons walk in and they are looking around. then the dad says, "you need a need a new pair of pants don't you sun. well pick one out. so if you have a parent in to paintabll its sweet, to bad i don't

Carbon
09-14-2003, 02:24 AM
Do you go clothes shopping with yer mom too...:D

Grubel
09-14-2003, 09:27 AM
I went with my mom to the local shop because I needed a new gun, and she was like "I'm not paying $700 for that". So I started crying and said I would mow the lawn and wash her minivan, and she still said no. Thats when I threw a tantrum and said "you never buy me anything anymore!" Then she told me "you're 32 years old, and you are supposed to be taking me out to lunch for mothers day".

justinwb
09-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Grubel
I went with my mom to the local shop because I needed a new gun, and she was like "I'm not paying $700 for that". So I started crying and said I would mow the lawn and wash her minivan, and she still said no. Thats when I threw a tantrum and said "you never buy me anything anymore!" Then she told me "you're 32 years old, and you are supposed to be taking me out to lunch for mothers day". \

ROFL!!!:D

kosmo
09-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Man, if I brought my mom paintball shopping she would be like, "Didnt you move out a while ago? Why am I shopping with you? You have a job buy it yourself." :rolleyes:

I swear, some times you people make me feel like the oldest 19 year old ever. But then I see a picture of TK and Im glad I cant legally drink yet :p :D

Underdog
09-14-2003, 10:14 AM
my mom hates paintball, she hates it to death, wont even take me to get my nitro filled. she thinks its violent but will let me play lacrosse and soccer...and she bought me a boxing bag...its really stupid...
But my dad, hes cool. my lense got shattered on the way to the paintball field from his endoscopy files falling on my lense, and he was like "how long have you had that lense?" i was like "since i got my proteus, 1 year ago" "okay, ill buy you a new one." and that is the only thing i have gotten paintball wise from my parents.

FreakBaller12
09-14-2003, 10:34 AM
i really dont get crap, i support my own paintball addiction, although they will usually drive me to get fills and driven to the field
which is coool, they kidna mostly support me, not money wise tho

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-14-2003, 11:23 AM
You guys are lucky, my parents have been 'anti-paintball' all the way up until I bought my Xmag (WITH MY OWN MONEY, thank you) then they realized that I'll be blowing ALL my money doing this, so now they live with it. :p

cphilip
09-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Moms? Moms that buy Paintball stuff? Um....you got any pictures of this Mom? I might be interested in seeing them.... Tell her I got candy for her! :D ;)

AcemanPB
09-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Well my mom doesn't really like me spending hundreds of dollars on paintball stuff, but everytime she says something about I ask her if she would rather want me out buying drugs with the money I earned :D

The only thing my mom bought me paintball wise were some kneepads a while ago.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
09-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
Well my mom doesn't really like me spending hundreds of dollars on paintball stuff, but everytime she says something about I ask her if she would rather want me out buying drugs with the money I earned :D

I feel ya, my mom bought me some gloves once upon a time.

fyse0
09-14-2003, 01:18 PM
well i wouldnt have posted this if it was an every day thing lol.. it's like once in a lifetime i thought i'd share it lol

Peach
09-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah... I took my mom to the store to get my nitro filled and the guy that I always bought stuff from was there... Not good. My mom looks at the guns on the wall and inquires how people can spend 1400 dollars on a gun! I just reply, "Their stupid." So anyways, I tell him I need a fill to 45, and so while filling it he says, "So how is that new emag and this flatline working for you." O_o Not good. I quickly glance at the wall where the other emags are sitting with a 850 price tag. Hmm, even worse. Thankfully my mom didn't pick up the fact that this was the "new" gun I bought 2 weekends ago, and not the minimag RT I'd had for 4 months before that.

Underdog
09-14-2003, 01:54 PM
HAH! that must have been nervewrecking, lol

Fatjon
09-14-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB

No she just bought you a brand new mustang ;)

Well my mom used to take me to the field all the time. Now i got my lisence and bought my OWN car.

FooTemps
09-14-2003, 02:14 PM
PSH! YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY! Heck, my parents don't even drive me to the field or the shop!

Miscue
09-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Moms? Moms that buy Paintball stuff? Um....you got any pictures of this Mom? I might be interested in seeing them.... Tell her I got candy for her! :D ;)

Rob likes it when young mom's come in to his shop... :p

banzaimf
09-14-2003, 03:07 PM
My dad told me after I was out of the house, "I loved the fact that you played paintball. I knew where every dime of your money went."

Bassterd!